Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question on DPS viability with the Discipline system (Sorc/Sage)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Question on DPS viability with the Discipline system (Sorc/Sage)

-GateKeeper-
10.07.2014 , 05:34 AM | #1
As far as the upcoming change to Discipline system goes has anyone gotten any information on how viable DPS Sorcs/Sages will become for Ranked Pvp on a level comparative to the "Preferred" classes of current? Personally I don't feel as gimped as others claim to feel, However it is very clear that other classes have more in their favor. At least when faced with equal gear and skill in 1v-- Scenarios.

It would be nice for Sorc/Sage to feel equally competitive again in both group fights and 1v1 scenarios. When gear and skill are both equal.

Any information is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
- Darth Bane to Zannah

Kaos_KidSWTOR
10.07.2014 , 03:09 PM | #2
Go watch the Dev Stream, Sorc DPS will be completely Viable in everything now

Master-Nala
10.07.2014 , 04:02 PM | #3
Madness/Balance is already more than viable in ranked. Hell, we have to fend off charges of being OP every few days.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

KeyboardNinja
10.07.2014 , 04:34 PM | #4
Viability is always relative to the rest of the metagame landscape. Honestly, we know a fair bit about one class now (particularly Lightning spec), but we're missing all seven others and most of the information about the two other specs. In other words, we have no way to answer this question even in terms of the game as it stands right now on Bioware's internal servers, which is doubtless not representative of the final balance picture.

I should qualify the viability comment actually. Viability is relative to the rest of the metagame landscape in PvP. PvE sets objective balance minima and constraints on classes.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017