Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force Armor

-Rekall's Avatar


-Rekall
12.31.2011 , 12:16 AM | #1
Do any mods improve the effectiveness of force armor? (Shield, willpower, etc?)
Popov > you

Kroshtan's Avatar


Kroshtan
12.31.2011 , 09:00 AM | #2
I just wanted to say I think it's a good question. Seems sort of redundant, but I believe its more of an awareness thing.

I just find it annoying that there are no values in force armors tooltip afaik. If someone has found an option to show these in force armor specifically, I would be glad to know.

Lugh's Avatar


Lugh
01.02.2012 , 03:20 AM | #3
Just the points in the TK tree in total it blocks ~2500 damage
Only two things are infinite The Universe and Human stupidity and I am not so sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
Aka --Alia Ajunta Pall

Vlackrs's Avatar


Vlackrs
01.09.2012 , 12:32 AM | #4
yea, i wanna know the answer =(

GeLopez's Avatar


GeLopez
01.09.2012 , 12:47 AM | #5
Willpower, power, force power and expertise all affect Force Armor.

The spell is treated like any other healing spell. You can confirm this in a Huttball match by using Force Armor and walking into the fire. The game will reward you with the 2,500 healing medal for doing this, because the Force Armor is instantly healing through the 3,000 damage from the fire.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

CalBears's Avatar


CalBears
02.09.2012 , 01:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
Willpower, power, force power and expertise all affect Force Armor.

The spell is treated like any other healing spell. You can confirm this in a Huttball match by using Force Armor and walking into the fire. The game will reward you with the 2,500 healing medal for doing this, because the Force Armor is instantly healing through the 3,000 damage from the fire.
I was actually wondering the same as the OP...and luckily, the search engine worked.

But I do have some extra questions:

I understand it's considered a heal...

So is it correct to assume that Force Armor is applied after Shield/Absorption? Basically, I'm assuming all other factors that would reduce or avoid damage are applied first, and then the Force Armor kicks in (or "heals" you for whatever remains).

If stats affect Force Armor, does anyone know if there's a cap/upper limit to how much it can absorb? AFAIK, there's no cap to bonus healing is there? So I assume the same applies to the bubble.

AcerLerxt's Avatar


AcerLerxt
02.09.2012 , 01:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CalBears View Post

So is it correct to assume that Force Armor is applied after Shield/Absorption? Basically, I'm assuming all other factors that would reduce or avoid damage are applied first, and then the Force Armor kicks in (or "heals" you for whatever remains).
there's no easy way for us to empirically test that without a combat log, unfortunately.

aka: no way to know.

Quote:

If stats affect Force Armor, does anyone know if there's a cap/upper limit to how much it can absorb? AFAIK, there's no cap to bonus healing is there? So I assume the same applies to the bubble.
for practical purposes, no cap that we know of. If there is a cap, it's got to be higher than currently available gear can achieve.
╬ SP€CTR€ ╬
Invitation-Only, Competitive PVP Community
Jung Ma (RP-PVP) Battlemaster Sage

CalBears's Avatar


CalBears
02.09.2012 , 07:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AcerLerxt View Post
there's no easy way for us to empirically test that without a combat log, unfortunately.

aka: no way to know.



for practical purposes, no cap that we know of. If there is a cap, it's got to be higher than currently available gear can achieve.
Thanks

Ralnity's Avatar


Ralnity
02.10.2012 , 03:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Just the points in the TK tree in total it blocks ~2500 damage
I'm fairly certain mine is blocking more like 3-4k.

I also tested defense screen on my gunslinger. It seems to be blocking roughly 3k as well. Granted, both of these toons are pretty damn well geared (rakata weapons and gear).
Leader of Armada, Zaalbar Republic.