Are Prepaid subscriptions being phased out?

ElectroFidgit

Anyone know what's going on with Prepaid subscriptions? I went to Amazon to purchase a 60-day prepaid digital code and noticed that the only digital code currently available is the 90-day code. anyone else in any other region seeing this? while I'm on the subject of subscriptions, I know that it was brought up in the livestream about possible subscriber incentives over the summer. has anyone seen or read anything further on this other than getting the nautolan species?

Anyone know what's going on with Prepaid subscriptions? I went to Amazon to purchase a 60-day prepaid digital code and noticed that the only digital code currently available is the 90-day code. anyone else in any other region seeing this? while I'm on the subject of subscriptions, I know that it was brought up in the livestream about possible subscriber incentives over the summer. has anyone seen or read anything further on this other than getting the nautolan species?

I couldn't say why Amazon don't have the 60 day codes, but you can still buy them directly on the SWTOR website.

From what I recall, the Nautolan species is going to arrive, probably as a CM unlock like Cathar or Togruta, with 6.0. I don't believe it will be a subscriber incentive. (Can you imagine the howls of ... something ... if it's a time-limited subscriber perk like Nico / Shae / HK / Shroud of Memory ??? Not pretty.)

I couldn't say why Amazon don't have the 60 day codes, but you can still buy them directly on the SWTOR website.

From what I recall, the Nautolan species is going to arrive, probably as a CM unlock like Cathar or Togruta, with 6.0. I don't believe it will be a subscriber incentive. (Can you imagine the howls of ... something ... if it's a time-limited subscriber perk like Nico / Shae / HK / Shroud of Memory ??? Not pretty.)

It is not a time locked incentive or anything like that but they did say it was free to subs.

It is not a time locked incentive or anything like that but they did say it was free to subs.

Yeah that's kind of what I remember from the live stream, that their plan is for Nautolans to be free to Subscribers. They also mentioned that they were looking into other incentives but as no one has seen said incentives I'm guessing that fell by the wayside.

I could be wrong, but my guess based on the reports I've seen on things like time cards in the past and some temporarily going out of stock, is that sellers like Amazon are like a physical retailer in that they get a stock of the items in periodically and based somewhat on demand; they buy a particular number of keys and then sell those keys to people like you. Thus, if it's a type of key that's popular enough, it can go out of stock for a time until they go through whatever process they have for obtaining more.

I'm not sure how the profit margins would work though since it's all digital. Perhaps EA sells them keys at a somewhat reduced cost in bulk, with the idea being that Amazon has marketing reach that they don't have, and thus it's a profit for them in the long-term since Amazon is reaching people that they (EA) wouldn't have reached at all.

I noticed the Knights of the eternal throne bundle is gone now too.. too bad that was such a good deal. :mad:

Yes it was. Though I can actually understand that one being removed given that we're about to get a new expansion which would necessitate rebranding if they were to continue the bundle. it just seems odd to me that the digital offerings seem to be changing and the change seems to coincide with announced changes to free-to-play and preferred. Even the price of the physical cards has been reduced by about $3.00.