Gunslinger or Scoundrel For Story

alphapancake

Hello! I am planing on making a smuggler, as I have not experienced the smuggler class story yet. I've noticed in the other class stories that sometimes one advanced class "fits" the story a bit better in my opinion (inquisitor and agent, for example). I was wondering if this is the case for the smuggler class story. Anyone have any advice? No story or companion spoilers, please! :-)

Hello! I am planing on making a smuggler, as I have not experienced the smuggler class story yet. I've noticed in the other class stories that sometimes one advanced class "fits" the story a bit better in my opinion (inquisitor and agent, for example). I was wondering if this is the case for the smuggler class story. Anyone have any advice? No story or companion spoilers, please! :-)

I think a duel wielding cowboy might fit better. I played a scoundrel and a sniper. I feel I should have flipped them. Although I never felt out of place playing what I did. From a visual point of view, stabbing a droid with a vibroblade makes more sense than beating them to death with your fists:) If you're specced how I am. Kicking a turret or droid in the nuts????

The only class that I was glad I picked the "right" one was inquisitor. Anything other than a sorc would just be wrong imo. Assassin just doesn't have that fell of raw power that the Inquisitor should gain from the spirits. It worked well for my shadow though.

Having both i prefer Gunslinger, scoundrel is ok but the whole punching crap seemed silly and i dont like it, i do like it as a healer but i have to say my Gunslinger mows things down fast.

Also and i dont know why this is i found that sabotage is great for a Gunslinger but bad for a sniper as a Gunslinger sabotage u can take down multiple mobs with vast more AoE

People tend to forget the Scoundrel/Operative's second dd spec.

Ruffian Scoundrel is the one true run 'n gun class, you don't use your fists, you use your pistol - to smack 'em on the head and shoot them, all the while hurling grenades, kicking males where it really hurts, and sweeping females, droids and monsters off their feet. Glorious. :D

Edited by Mubrak

Every AC fits every class. Here:

Guardian = Shield against the darkness.

Sentinel = Spear that penetrates darkness and makes it go away.

Sage = focus is completely on the Force so as to allow it to help others.

Shadow = focus is equally on the Force and the real world. Eliminate the barriers for peace.

Commando = Defeat the Empire at all costs.

Vanguard = Protect the Republic at all costs.

Gunslinger = preemptively strike the problem so it goes away.

Scoundrel = make a problem work for you.

Juggernaut = Might of the Empire.

Marauder = Wrath of the Empire.

Sorceror = focus on the Force and ME.

Assassin = focus on the Force and the world so I could eliminate others and come out first.

Mercenary = whatever works as long as it works. Neutral/Mando.

PowerTech = ??? Iron Man most likely. I have NO CLUE what a PT is supposed to be. Neutral/Empire.

Sniper = eliminate the enemies of the Empire.

Operative = subdue the enemies of the Empire.

See? It all works!