PvP spec/build

Eksenia

Hello!

I'm thinking of bringing back my old sniper. I've pretty much only played engineering in the past, but I'm comfortable with viru too.

I wonder what the go-to spec is today when it comes to pvp and ranked. I abhor MM so I hope it's not that. I tend to love pressure comps in granked, even though they're not that popular today.

Moving on: Do people gear for the second alac breakpoint (ie. gearing 1866 alac in 248) for pvp? Furthermore, what are the go-to utilities for an all round build?

Kind regards,

Unfortunately for you MM is the best overall sniper pvp spec. High burst and rapid target swapping make it excellent. Viri just isn't bursty enough and the long cull and SoS cast times make you very vulnerable to CC. I can't comment on engie as I don't play it, but I don't think I've seen it in any PvP match in a really long time.

I use the second alac breakpoint (and usually do pretty well) purely because I also PvE a lot, but ~1100 alac (for energy regen and 1st breakpoint) + crit and mastery is a better choice.

For utilities, a solid build would be:

Skillful:

Ballistic Dampers

Vital Regulators

Masterful:

Seek Cover

Evacuate

Heroic:

Pillbox Sniper

Siege Bunker

Legendary:

Tactical Retreat

That leaves you with 1 point to put where you want.

Edited by RiChess

I appreciate the answer!

On the topic of engi vs mm. I have mostly seen engis in granked lately, and personally I love the cleave. But burst swap sure is nice too...

As far as how to play goes, how do you usually set up your burst windows in MM? I played it once in 2013 but that's pretty much it.

I appreciate the answer!

On the topic of engi vs mm. I have mostly seen engis in granked lately, and personally I love the cleave. But burst swap sure is nice too...

As far as how to play goes, how do you usually set up your burst windows in MM? I played it once in 2013 but that's pretty much it.

Ah yeah I mostly do regs and solo ranked (because I'm a glutton for punishment). Interesting that engie would see play in granked, maybe I'll have to play around with it and see if I like it.

-

An example of a burst rotation looks something like this: Laze target > Corrosive Dart > Penetrating Blasts > Sniper Volley > Penetrating Blasts > Followthrough > Target Acquired > Ambush > Followtrhough or takedown if sub 30%.

If you take the Snap Shot utility you can get fancy and weave in an instant snipe by exiting and reentering cover after the PB > SV > PB > FT part of the rotation. This will reset ballistic dampers too which is nice.

Edited by RiChess

On another note: Is there any way at all to remove the "roll into terrain cover" from the hotkey to enter cover? It literally sucks so much balls I'm going crazy. Half of the time it won't even place me in actual cover (bye bye entrench).

If there's any work around, pray tell. I'll do anything.

Edit: I want the 'enter cover' hotley to put me cover on the spot, to be precise.

Edited by Eksenia

On another note: Is there any way at all to remove the "roll into terrain cover" from the hotkey to enter cover? It literally sucks so much balls I'm going crazy. Half of the time it won't even place me in actual cover (bye bye entrench).

If there's any work around, pray tell. I'll do anything.

yes... it's very simple. You use a different ability called 'cover' (not 100% on that tho) it puts you in cover without rolling you.

yes... it's very simple. You use a different ability called 'cover' (not 100% on that tho) it puts you in cover without rolling you.

Hah, yeah. I found it, it's crouch (ability) / take cover in place (keybinds). I should have looked before asking ;) Cheers though.

Edited by Eksenia