Combat medic troopers are EW.

dragonbayn

I just bought this game 2 weeks ago and have a level 25 combat medic trooper and i have to say that the healing in this game absolutely blows. Hammershots for heaing? The healing is negligeable and is a waste of time in pvp because the amount healed is a joke. You don't even have time to deal damage and keep someone alive at the same time keeping your power up. That and the fact that there isn't any kind of lifesteal in this game that i can see from playing jedi, smuggler or trooper, which would make it easier to keep people healed. At least in Warhammer: AoR the Warrior Priest could fight and heal at the same time so that they didn't drag the rest of the team down.

Now, i've played many MMO's:

Dark Age of Camelot

World of Warcraft

Guild Wars

Warhammer:Age of Reckoning

Vangaurd

Archlord

Conan

So far i am unimpressed with the healing in this game, it's just meh and when the healing gets nerfed again i think i will just respec all damage. Never really liked healing but this game made me like it even less.

I just bought this game 2 weeks ago and have a level 25 combat medic trooper and i have to say that the healing in this game absolutely blows. Hammershots for heaing? The healing is negligeable and is a waste of time in pvp because the amount healed is a joke. You don't even have time to deal damage and keep someone alive at the same time keeping your power up. That and the fact that there isn't any kind of lifesteal in this game that i can see from playing jedi, smuggler or trooper, which would make it easier to keep people healed. At least in Warhammer: AoR the Warrior Priest could fight and heal at the same time so that they didn't drag the rest of the team down.

Now, i've played many MMO's:

Dark Age of Camelot

World of Warcraft

Guild Wars

Warhammer:Age of Reckoning

Vangaurd

Archlord

Conan

So far i am unimpressed with the healing in this game, it's just meh and when the healing gets nerfed again i think i will just respec all damage. Never really liked healing but this game made me like it even less.

Dragon, Just wanna agree with you here, especially in regards to PvPing as healer. It blows alright. I rather be dead than subject myself to the torture that is playing a healer in PvP on this game.

honestly, you need to evaluate it at 50 before making those remarks. you really don't use hammer shot much to heal in PvP at 50. You don't have enough tools at lower levels.

you have 2 casted heals, 1 instant heal (long cd tho), a short cd bomb (aoe) heal, and the shield that can go on 1 person. the fast heal makes the longer heal cost less ammo. the instant heal is free. you can use the bomb while moving. Use your hammer shot to hit enemies along with sticky grenade and your instant cast buff (2min cd) to use another ability.

It is not super difficult, but it does take some getting used to.

Don't underestimate hammer shot on enemies.

Ironically combat medics are one of the strongest healers out there, but like just about all classes in this game doesn't really become good until much later in the game. Being a two week old player I'm pretty sure it's a given you wouldn't enjoy it, and that really is the dev's fault for making the classes change so late game (and be crap early).

Each to his own - I've played every healing class in WoW at max level at some point, and funnily enough I find the healing in this game to be much more engaging.

Honestly, the "okay, you have a huge mana pool that slowly runs out over 10 minutes" thing is not engaging resource management. The whole energy/heat/ammo thing is a totally new style of healing that (as far as I know) hasn't been used in any other MMO, yet BioWare managed to do it successfully. It's quite engaging and makes you think about tradeoffs in energy expenditure rather than clicking health bars and spamming Rejuvenation or Prayer of Healing endlessly.

However, I never participated in instanced PvP in both games so I'm speaking only from a PvE perspective.

I am not sure what game you are playing but healing ROCKS in this game. Especially in PVP.

1. OMG resource management. what do you mean I cant just stand there and infinitely spam heals?!?!?!

2. you still need a few more levels to pick up the other heal(s)

3. let your team know your a healer so that you can have a tank protect you. Yeah, the protection is HUGE. Just dont forget to actualy heal your tank.

Ironically combat medics are one of the strongest healers out there, but like just about all classes in this game doesn't really become good until much later in the game.

By "strongest healers" I suppose you mean difficult to kill, because with supercharged cell and the shield you are more or less god-like.

Commando/Mercenary healers still don't stack up when compared to Sage/Sorcerer healers though.

All that aside, I enjoy my Merc healer very much. I can effectively keep a small group alive in PVP and not get myself killed (so long as they keep people off of me).