Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

WoW "Oceanic" servers are in North America, that is what they are asking all the people quitting over ping since not many MMOs have APAC servers if they just not play any MMOs ever if that is the primary concern.

I see your point, but what I was trying to say was that I very rarely saw American's playing on that server.

Not only that but because we all had the same latency and ping and time frame, we would handle it as we're all located in or around the same area.

I don't see why even WoW can't buy a server in Australia... but again, MMO's rarely care about us, if at all =(

I forgot to add: It's harder if it's for Swtor.. because we're playing with American's, the lag would be worse, and if we're in a guild with American's, it would be harder to play with them due to time frame issues.

I hope you get what I mean

Edited by LeanderDane

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be *********** KIDDING ME!? What the **** is wrong with you Bioware?! This is the wrong solution on SO many levels at LEASE give us *********** TRANSFERS FROM ON APAC SERVER TO ANOTHER?!

*EDIT*

I hope you realise our timezones almost completely *********** opposite pm/am wise. Good job you stupid monkeys.

lmao well said

Strange. No one in my guild had any complaints about Warzone queue times on Dalborra.

You do realise that a lot of us will lose character names. My sister is on Harbringer right now trying all her toon names and most of them are taken.

Happened to every single one of us. Twice for some. No mercy whatsoever was shown for character names. And you know what happened? More players came back than left. A sizable stable population is more important than a character name.

I've found that accents typically can get you the name you want though. So basically a win win.

This is such a terrible decision. I struggle to believe that the people at Bioware decided this was what we actually wanted and rather that they'd rather get rid of the APAC servers and save some cash.

Pretty sure Bioware are thinking for more themselves then us when they waited 7 months for this simplistic solution.

• No option for more people to transfer from other servers into APAC.
  • No option for current APAC players to decide between transferring to another server of the same type or to Dalborra
  • Just straight-out transfer into an NA server of THEIR choice.

And it's not going to happen instantly too, they want to see Dalborra suddenly bleed to death before finally transferring us.

You have got to be *********** KIDDING ME!? What the **** is wrong with you Bioware?! This is the wrong solution on SO many levels at LEASE give us *********** TRANSFERS FROM ON APAC SERVER TO ANOTHER?!

*EDIT*

I hope you realise our timezones almost completely *********** opposite pm/am wise. Good job you stupid monkeys.

^^THIIS - so many times this!!!

WOW APAC servers are a majority of APAC people playing so the timezone is the same. Moving to a higher ping US will not fix the timezone issues. We will still get on in our peak times and the population will not increase.

They are basically cutting of our leg to fix a broken toe.

Harbinger was the unofficial PvE server for APAC at launch and it worked fine. Lots of Aussies on during the non-peak hours to US and vice versa. The server was always busy and it made for great populations for US players who worked night shifts and played closer to Aussie hours. Many of us missed the Aussies when they moved to APAC local servers, and we are enjoying their returning population over the last 3-4 months.

I know this has probably not dawned on some of the posters here... but it would be pretty easy to track the unofficial migration of Aussie accounts to US servers by Bioware using their analytics suite over the last 3-6 months. Personally, I think they saw a trend and leaned into that trend rather then try to fight it with a 3-2-1 merger locally to APAC.

/2-cents

Edited by Andryah

I actually feel insulted that they would sit there and try and use reasoning other then taking an easy option out and saving money. To even slightly imply that this was to our benefit and was a result of what we posted in forums as a solution we wanted is rediculous, further more an insult especially when just ebout every response was a APAC server merge boosting server pop' and keeping our good ping. If they were honest from the get go and didnt play everyone like fools indicating they had a solution or would listen to our suggestions and just stated a yr ago they were going to merge us to US server at the end of server leases ppl wouldnt be responding to this with so much hostility, but well done BW for milking us of our subscription till the very last thank you.... Especially when its their **** service, lack of game content and slow release of new game content which has killed our servers IMO but we get punished for their failings lol funny how that works, As Obi said FU.CK YOU BW and thanks for nothing and as i said before I honestly hope after misleading us for a year and then fu.cking us in the end they offer refunds on our subscriptions from the 1st time they asked us what we wanted for servers in the forums and refunds on the X-Pack because chances are very few hear will be playing..... Elder Scrolls online any1?

WOW APAC servers are a majority of APAC people playing so the timezone is the same. Moving to a higher ping US will not fix the timezone issues. We will still get on in our peak times and the population will not increase.

They are basically cutting of our leg to fix a broken toe.

It's hilarious really.

"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"

"But we play at entirely different times."

"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

It's hilarious really.

"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"

"But we play at entirely different times."

"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Please respond to this Eric.

To all the people ************ about ping and latency, seriously get over it!

I assume most of you guys have played WoW or some other AAA MMO in which they have Oceanic/Asian servers (that are actually based in the US) you most likely enjoyed that experience enough to venture out into other MMOs (like SWTOR, or you are just a die hard Star Wars fan) and you would know that the ping is roughly 150-250 depending on where ur IP is based so basically this is what ur saying "OMG IM QUITTING BECAUSE I WILL HAVE 0.2 SECONDS LAG".:confused:

Now I know this isn't the most ideal solution but it;s better than playing on a ghost town server I have toons on all 3 and none of them are what I would call healthy the only one decent enough is Dalborra and that's okish but it's losing players weekly, I also have toons on The Harbinger and that population is booming and im looking forward too it I would've preferred free transfers to where ever we want and have all my toons on the one server but they are bringing it in later so I can wait.

Now my Rebuttal to everything you guys say is this..

This Thread Was Made to Address The Population Issues on The APAC Servers

it wasnt about ping or playstyle it was about low population and how it's affecting our experience now im not defending EAWARE at all especially after their stall tactics abnd leaving us in the dark but they have atleast brought us a solution to FIX THE POPULATION ISSUE (and like eric stated before it wasnt the solution everybody wanted but it's atleast a solution) so if you guys unsub and not play (which i doubt most of you will) then go right ahead but I can guarantee that the majority of you will come back because you guys have been up in arms about this is which tells me you enjoy the game.

Edir: TL;DR Population issue > Ping and Timezone Issue

So guys just be thankful they've got something in plan to improve our playing experience and he people that want to QQ you won't be missed :D

Edited by jackdaley

EDIT: @jack above. Its not about ping its about timezone. All they are adding is ping as we will all still be getting on in the same timezone times not US times

I think it may happen in 3 weeks because they would want their expansion to have good numbers and look like it is successful.

I may be wrong with that bold assumption but stats are more important for the shareholders than looking after customers.

What they don't realize is that alot are going to unsub and not play than rather transfer due to principle.

Why sustain a company that clearly is not looking after the consumers best interest.

Best way to speak out is by using your wallet.

Edited by keitzy

I assume most of you guys have played WoW or some other AAA MMO in which they have Oceanic/Asian servers (that are actually based in the US) you most likely enjoyed that experience enough to venture out into other MMOs (like SWTOR, or you are just a die hard Star Wars fan) and you would know that the ping is roughly 150-250 depending on where ur IP is based so basically this is what ur saying "OMG IM QUITTING BECAUSE I WILL HAVE 0.2 SECONDS LAG".:confused:

Now I know this isn't the most ideal solution but it;s better than playing on a ghost town server I have toons on all 3 and none of them are what I would call healthy the only one decent enough is Dalborra and that's okish but it's losing players weekly, I also have toons on The Harbinger and that population is booming and im looking forward too it I would've preferred free transfers to where ever we want and have all my toons on the one server but they are bringing it in later so I can wait.

it wasnt about ping or playstyle it was about low population and how it's affecting our experience now im not defending EAWARE at all especially after their stall tactics abnd leaving us in the dark but they have atleast brought us a solution to FIX THE POPULATION ISSUE (and like eric stated before it wasnt the solution everybody wanted but it's atleast a solution) so if you guys unsub and not play (which i doubt most of you will) then go right ahead but I can guarantee that the majority of you will come back because you guys have been up in arms about this is which tells me you enjoy the game.

TL;DR Population issue > Ping Issue

So guys just be thankful they've got something in plan to improve our playing experience and he people that want to QQ you won't be missed :D

Good post.

Hey everyone,

To clarify a bit more about this decision. We did previously ask what folks on the forums would like to do as an APAC solution and some, but not all, offered up the solution of merging all APAC into one. The other option on the table was to merge APAC into the NA servers. When we discussed the options internally we looked to address everyone’s primary issues with APAC, low populations were creating a less than optimal game experience.

We went and looked at what current server populations looked like across all of APAC and to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.

One thing to note is that there is no catchall solution here. If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency, but they will have healthy server populations and can remain on their chosen server types. If we merge everyone into one APAC server, latency will remain in place but the current population issues will exist and players will lose their preferred server type. Leaving things as they are leaves all of the current issues in place without a solution at all. This is one of the reasons getting the plan out to you folks took so long, we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric

Eric im glad you are doing this, however im very upset on being force merged to amrican servers, i play from asia and i get MUCH better ping to the EU servers than america, will i have an option of transfering to the EU servers or will you make me pay for it?

you would know that the ping is roughly 150-250 depending on where ur IP is based so basically this is what ur saying "OMG IM QUITTING BECAUSE I WILL HAVE 0.2 SECONDS LAG".:confused:

This is exactly what I'm saying.

1. My ping will be around 280. Can you play on this? Yes. Will your performance always be impaired by this? Yes. I don't just want to play to an acceptable standard, I want to play to the best of my abilities. That's what I enjoy.

2. I don't play other MMOs for this reason, so chew on that. I will simply not be playing another MMO when I leave this game.

3. This won't solve population issues anyway (y'know, those ones that we weren't experiencing on the Dalborra), because my primetime is at a completely different time from the Harbingers'.

The attempts at spinning this are really quite pathetic. They're trying to trumpet "Population > All" when the Dalborra was quite bearable to begin with, when the majority of the people in this thread wanted an APAC merger, and when their solution is to move us to a server that's on another timezone. Say what?

Also, where was the importance of playstyle when the EU RP-PvPers got nuked out of existence?

Edited by Aurojiin

Harbinger was the unofficial PvE server for APAC at launch and it worked fine. Lots of Aussies on during the non-peak hours to US and vice versa. The server was always busy and it made for great populations for US players who worked night shifts and played closer to Aussie hours. Many of us missed the Aussies when they moved to APAC local servers, and we are enjoying their returning population over the last 3-4 months.

I know this has probably not dawned on some of the posters here... but it would be pretty easy to track the unofficial migration of Aussie accounts to US servers by Bioware using their analytics suite over the last 3-6 months. Personally, I think they saw a trend and leaned into that trend rather then try to fight it with a 3-2-1 merger locally to APAC.

/2-cents

This^ atleast somebody hear can use logic

This is exactly what I'm saying.

1. My ping will be around 280. Can you play on this? Yes. Will your performance always be impaired by this? Yes. I don't just want to play to an acceptable standard, I want to play to the best of my abilities. That's what I enjoy.

2. I don't play other MMOs for this reason, so chew on that. I will simply not be playing another MMO when I leave this game.

3. This won't solve population issues anyway (y'know, those ones that we weren't experiencing on the Dalborra), because my primetime is at a completely different time from the Harbingers'.

The attempts at spinning this are really quite pathetic. They're trying to trumpet "Population > All" when the Dalborra was quite bearable to begin with, when the majority of the people in this thread wanted an APAC merger, and when their solution is to move us to a server that's on another timezone. Say what?

Also, where was the importance of playstyle when the EU RP-PvPers got nuked out of existence?

^ this

TL;DR Population issue > Ping Issue

You my friend are a cartel market ****** and don't care how well you can play against other people.

The population issue would have been fixed if they just merged all 3 servers... ALL PRIBLEMS ARE SOLVED... BUT WAIT! Bioware would make more money if they shut down the servers completely!

it wasnt about ping or playstyle it was about low population

Actually it was explicitly stated that play style was a factor in EA/Bioware's decision. Specifically maintaining the separation. A separation that would have been lost in an APAC merge.

It seems like a few others agree with me that Dalborra's population was fine. A few people were taking a break before the expansion hit. This led to a slight drop off in numbers over the past month. We had a great community going and now it's going to be swallowed up.

Edited by KippleMaster

You my friend are a cartel market ****** and don't care how well you can play against other people.

The population issue would have been fixed if they just merged all 3 servers... ALL PRIBLEMS ARE SOLVED... BUT WAIT! Bioware would make more money if they shut down the servers completely!

Lol you can't blame them really, Why pay money for upkeep on dying servers and you're delusional if you think merging the servers would've fixed the population issue it would've been an above average server at best until they bring in char xfers newsflash once they bring in char xfers 50%+ of the APAC community will flee to the US servers

Actually it was explicitly stated that play style was a factor in EA/Bioware's decision. Specifically maintaining the separation. A separation that would have been lost in an APAC merge.

It seems like a few others agree with me that Dalborra's population was fine. A few people were taking a break before the expansion hit. This led to a slight drop off in numbers over the past month. We had a great community going and now it's going to be swallowed up.

Ah well it's better than playing on ding servers that are living on borrowed time

But honestly is anyone really shocked that this is the solution?

I called it months ago to friends of mine who also play the game

I am not sure what I think of this all myself, but can't say I am surprised this was BioWare's solution, seeing how they were going to get heat no matter what was done I think, plus the amount of time to get word on what their plan was going to be wasn't a good sign to begin with.

If anything I am conflicted, I am on the US west coast, but when the transfers started originally to the APAC servers I rolled some characters on Dalborra since a big part of the guild I was in moved over and since then Dalborra has become my main server as well. In any case, I am not sure how much the ping issues are more reality or perception however... I have been getting 175-250ms for the most part over a year now and it hasn't been much a hamper to my gameplay in my experience. Still, while having a single legacy again is nice, with the amount of characters I have on both The Harbinger and on Dalborra an APAC merge would have been preferred however.

It will definitely will be interesting to see how this works out over the next month or so I think. Hoping for the best!

Edited by sabbey