Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bioware also failed on item modifications and enhancements once again! oh also on 2 of the barrels for guns for Bhs Im sure other classes have found the failings of the new gear as well. My favorite was the lvl 63 enhancement that makes you lose 17 crit to gain 3 surge...worthless! the new power/surge ones are a hoot too. I swear they cant get anything right when it comes to gear.

Or they DID get it right, by forcing the player to get no less than THREE armor sets / pieces for the best possible itemization. What if their aim is a mix of 58 - 61 - 63 mods? What if their goal with the +100 PvP power relics is to get you PvP as well, for the best min - max?

We don`t know if their metrics tell them the vast majority is doing a mix of top 2 tiers or not. Split decision :) . But 2 mistakes about itemization start to look suspicious.

Or they are just THAT bad and all this is redundant.

Edited by Styxx

This armor is terrible. The only passable sets are maybe the trooper or sith warrior, everything else is semi crap to a complete waste of design time. I am happy they introduced new gear but they completely blew off the community when it came to our opinion on the current end game gear. BW flat out said they understood the majority of people didn't like the gear and they would try to make it better. Then they just re-colored the same gear everyone hated. That's BW basically saying they don't care what we said.

BW, thanks for the new gear, but why did you completely ignore our feedback?

I have a feeling no dev will come anywhere near this thread because what can they really say to defend themselves.

I keep looking at the smuggler outfit and i really want to know the train of thought for that one. It's horrendous. A samurai and a cowboy got in a head on collision and this is what it looked like when they smashed into one. Come on, what the hell is that crap. The BH, Trooper, Agent and even warrior gear I can almost stomach but the smuggler is just terrible. I can't stop laughing at it. I play a consular as my main and I will be immediately pulling the mods out of the condiment commander costumes. hahaha smuggler.

The Jedi Knight armor is a hilarious too. Everyone look at it and just imagine the shoulder spikes gone and the knee bad spikes gone. Wouldn't it immediately improve? Now imagine the knight armor minus the shoulder/knee spikes and in a less cartoony color. I thought Jedi were supposed to be minimalists, just simplify that armor ever so slightly and it wouldn't be bad.

What the hell are those things on the inquisitor? If you took the random shrapnel off that it would be a decent armor set as well.

Edited by theborch

I keep looking at the smuggler outfit and i really want to know the train of thought for that one. It's horrendous. A samurai and a cowboy got in a head on collision and this is what it looked like when they smashed into one. Come on, what the hell is that crap.

Robin Hood or "ranger" outfit.

[EDIT]

Just a bit of trivia... doesn`t it look like the smuggler`s Campaign gear looks like Robin Hood?

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/20025-new-in-1-2-black-hole-and-campaign-operation-gear/smuggler <-- it`s even green

http://www.whatabeautifullife.com/C30-robin-hood-child-costume-p22682.html <-- just for lulz, but you can google and have ample comparison material.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1597479168/tt0029843

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm143232000/tt0029843 <--- the 2 links are pics for the hat... imagine 2 stylized feathers on left and right and you got it.

Edited by Styxx

So browsing the 1.4 info over various sites I came across a picture of the new tier gear and just facepalmed.. hard.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/43/694/dredarmsets.jpg

Seriously Bioware? Just.. lol..

This is ridiculous. Seriously? We're playing STAR WARS.. cater to the FANS not the fantasy MMO crowd. They're not going to stay around! Be true to the universe and you'll keep more of us happier.

Why can't the development team get that people get attached to their characters, and that's what keeps the playing an MMO. It's one simple idea which they just can't get through their thick heads!

If I can't stand to look at my character, I won't want to play the game. It's just that simple.

The art of the gear, has to be one area where no compromises can be made. Don't they have a focus group to consult about their art style and direction? How did these armor sets even make past concept? How have they not gotten the hint that people hate these sets? I haven't seen anyone wearing them on my server, only the odd bit here and there while someone was grinding credits to extract the mods, that's it. Don't they have metrics to show them this stuff?

Why would they think it's a good idea, after such a long period of time without content updates, to give us more of what the masses have come out and very clearly stated, "This armor is ugly, get rid of it." how much more clear could we have made it?

I'd love to hear what the dev team has to say about this. I bet the reasoning would be hilarious.

If they do indeed have a focus group for this stuff, they need to lay them off and bring in some actual Star Wars fans, and actual players of TOR. Because anyone who gives the OK on this stuff, needs to have his head examined.

Agreed

I don't understand after all the complaining about the armor in game an how it does not reflect star wars at all.

Its like WOW star Wars.

Hey Guys at EA/BIO Ware we do not like any of the armor in your game.We have already told you this time an time again.Are you people in Austin trying to run us off from your game? If not ,then please stop putting this crapy looking armor in the game and get off of this gear grind and give us the ability to craft our own armor with a wide variety of looks/fashions that is on par with Hard Mode and night mare mode loot drops.

We want choices,A LOT OF CHOICES.Not the choices you are creating for us.

I'm tired of looking like a star wow player wantabe.

Also I don't like any of the clothing /armor in game that we can put modes into.Its all lame and not creative.

And for the folks out there that think we should just strip the mods out of hard mode or night mare mode gear and put it in something else,people like me think that's dumb as well based off the choices we have for gear/armor.

Its a lack of creativity as well as making all of us wait for something they like.

Or they DID get it right, by forcing the player to get no less than THREE armor sets / pieces for the best possible itemization. What if their aim is a mix of 58 - 61 - 63 mods? What if their goal with the +100 PvP power relics is to get you PvP as well, for the best min - max?

We don`t know if their metrics tell them the vast majority is doing a mix of top 2 tiers or not. Split decision :) . But 2 mistakes about itemization start to look suspicious.

Or they are just THAT bad and all this is redundant.

Pretty sure they are that bad...one would think a higher ranking modification or enhancement would be better than something that is lower and easier to get. Bioware needs to stop relying on some program some person made that tries to determine best stat itemization and actually play the game at the end game level to see what it really should be like...looks like another Mod/enhancement shuffling up debacle...oh and for healers and melee folks they get to shuffle hilts/barrels around it seems

I still like this game and will continue to play it. This "new" gear being awful looking is not a make or break thing, but it does seem like they just threw this in with the OP so when people complain about no content they can say, "We just gave you a new operation AND new gear. What else do you want." It could not have taken that long to re-color this gear, so what were they talking about several months ago when they said they were already working on some new gear that they think we'll like. It can't be this.

Pretty sure they are that bad...one would think a higher ranking modification or enhancement would be better than something that is lower and easier to get. Bioware needs to stop relying on some program some person made that tries to determine best stat itemization and actually play the game at the end game level to see what it really should be like...looks like another Mod/enhancement shuffling up debacle...oh and for healers and melee folks they get to shuffle hilts/barrels around it seems

Well... for 2 of my armor slots Rakata is better than both Campaign AND BH; main stat higher Rakata, that is. Let alone the fact that I`d need to cross-mod really hard to actually get to min-max level. But yes, you may be right... sadly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Community Q&A: Friday March 30th 2012: Game Update 1.2 Special

Players have expressed some dissatisfaction with endgame armor sets – can you comment on your plans for future endgame appearances?

Daniel Erickson: We have heard the community loud and clear when it comes to armor sets. What we’ve heard the players say is, “I don’t care how high level I get, I still want my core sets to look and feel like Star Wars and like my class - cooler but not crazy. Keep the crazy to optional gear.” I will warn that creating new armor is a part of our game with long lead times so it will take a set or so before players see a strong shift in direction but we’re already working on some stuff I love and I think players will too.

Yeah i remember this post. Strange how everything have to take forever and ever.:mad:

Simple styles are really in demand,

I agree with you on this.

if the ability to turn greens/blues into oranges ever comes along you'll all see it.

The thing is most of the armor skins represented by the greens/blues in the game are already in game as oranges from world drops and/or crafting. There are not many gaps in the collection that are not yet modable purples/oranges. Which is why I really don't get all the angst about what the armor skins on the top tier gear is. If you could not pull the mods and put them in the gear of your choice, I would understand.

So simple styling, as well as a good assortment of more flamboyant styling, are already in game as modable items.

There are some nice armor styles on some NPCs which are not in game at all yet. It would be nice to see these at some point, but I bet they are going to be cartel coin purchases (which is fine as far as I am concerned).

Edited by Andryah

Like I said in one of the many other threads on this subject, I'm making a bet that they've already abandoned the idea of creating the coolest (aka most ugly/awful) looking ****** tier pieces and devoted their design resources to creating new social/adaptable gear that will be available through CC's, questing and event rewards. Future operations will drop mod sets. This tier set is a holdover because they're just not going to be doing this kind of stuff anymore but they don't have the new system in place yet.

I could be proved wrong there, but seeing as how they've shifted set bonuses to mods, it seems like a fair assumption. And this is how I think it should be. I've had a lot of conversations about this subject with other gamers and we've always been in agreement that with this being a Star Wars game and having limitations on gear "craziness", they kind of painted themselves in a corner with tier designs and it'll probably never work.

I had my husband look at the new costumes. He does not play any kind of computer game, but he has a very good taste in clothing.

The first word to come outof his muouth was "Yuk".

And then he said "And you are paying for this? You look like a Heinz ketchup bottle wearing the red!"

I prefer something I can make myself, or something that looks better like the saus isle at my local Wallmart!

The thing is most of the armor skins represented by the greens/blues in the game are already in game as oranges from world drops and/or crafting.

They really aren't. Many, maybe, but most? No.

Edited by Hessen