PvE Guide: The Ultimate Raiding Assassin DPS Compository!

THEFERRARICARGUY

I gotcha. I don't worry about surviving to be honest. It's not my job to survive, honestly that's the healers and tanks job. 6% can add up to me. I sacrifice all defense for more powah lol.

heh. I see what you're saying but it's hard to keep everybody topped off on fights like the dread guard (seriously, theres so much dmg going around in this fight, it's a total ***** to heal) I would take the survivability but that's just me.

Edited by THEFERRARICARGUY

I've got a Madness Sin 7/3/31 build. 2128 willpower 894 force bonus damage; 1219 melee damage. 34% crit 80% surge. All 26 armor, mods, enhancements with power surge enhancements, power surge mods. I just spent a ton buying a 27 hilt, 2 27 armors, 2 27 enhancements.

I'm going off the best I can on the OPS training dummy keeping all DOTs up DF on CD, etc.. I can't seem to manage much more than 1450 sustained DPS.

Any suggestions or is this where I should be with those stats? I hear people talking about 1700 sustained DPS which is 1/3 more than I'm able to put out. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Hard_Head

I've got a Madness Sin 7/3/31 build. 2128 willpower 894 force bonus damage; 1219 melee damage. 34% crit 80% surge. All 26 armor, mods, enhancements with power surge enhancements, power surge mods. I just spent a ton buying a 27 hilt, 2 27 armors, 2 27 enhancements.

I'm going off the best I can on the OPS training dummy keeping all DOTs up DF on CD, etc.. I can't seem to manage much more than 1450 sustained DPS.

Any suggestions or is this where I should be with those stats? I hear people talking about 1700 sustained DPS which is 1/3 more than I'm able to put out. It just doesn't make sense to me.

You have WAY too much surge, and not enough accuracy, and I'm assuming that your stats aren't buffed, but you don't want to use high willpower or high endurance mods, use the ones with high power/crit, aim for 37% crit buffed, and use 2 dread guard relics too.

You can do it his way. I prefer to run 30% crit. Force Bonus damage is way too low. My primary damage reaches 1379. Power with madness works great. Deception you need a balance of crit and power. Also whats your rotation?

Rotation is: death field, creeping T, discharge, slash until crushing D or exploit weakness procs. I've tried including shock in the rotation to keep the crit proc up but it doesn't seem to add any DPS and it uses a ton of force. I keep DF, CT and discharge on CD at all times. I'll wait to use the crushing D proc if DF is almost ready. I can't see where the rotation is lacking. I'd really like to see what the DPS is if I could throw in assassinate for the final minute since that becomes a major part of the rotation when the mob is <30%. Obviously the training dummy won't let me use that.

• 3 weeks later...
I love deception dps. I'm currently at about 1950-2050 dps on a 10 minute ops dummy fight. Blows most classes out of the water. It's a great class with a Simple rotation that gives great results. A very very viable class for both PvE and Pvp. Questions about my build and rotation ask. I've spent a **** ton of time on parsers and I have my rotation and build down to a science. It's like little things that add up such as when to use discharge and when not to. The appropriate time to hit blackout for increased force regen, mid combat force cloaking for blackout cooldowm reset, NEVER using maul unless the proc for it is up, investing extra points in the chain shock of the right tree, and thrashing blades in the left NOT charge mastery which is garbage. Crit at 30% buffed! You DO NOT need any more, it's wasted. Stack power and surge to 75-78%. Accuracy to 100%. Shock only with 2 stacks of induction. Voltaic slash like crazy, lacerate is garbage dont use it. Saber strike in down time. Go biochem, reusable power adrenal and get a dread guard daily comm power relic. Until 2.0 power is insane OP. Pop that relic the same time as the adrenal and throw overcharge saber and recklessness out too. Basically spam all those at once. Biggest exponential gains by doing so. Edited by CountCaruso

Also:

It's not recommended, you're stealing deathmark ticks and cutting off DoTs from discharge and creeping terror, plus you're gimping the force regen that's coming to you because you won't have a raze proc up when you have deathfield, since there is a 8 second internal cooldown for the procs, If I'm not mistaken, so don't spam your raze procs, allow your DoTs to tick and use crushing darkness shortly after Death Field to maximize DPS as all DoTs will share an equal amount of ticks allowing for more overall dps. I use this strategy regularly and managed to parse 1700+ on the Dread Guards in HM Asation/TFB

I thought it was common knowledge that raze ticks eating up deathmarks is actually a bad thing, since the dot isn't as strong as your other two, which will make better use of the dmg boost. While i wouldn't recommend to wait for deathmarks to wear of before refreshing raze either - this seems like a misinformation to me. Imho madness sorcs even try to avoid this in their rotation.

I would love to see a deception parse that even barely touches 1900 ;p

I very rarely get to 1800 on mine. I usually sit around 1700-1750 dps with full Deception. With Madness I sit around 1700 and Mad Maul is chillin at 1800 for me.

Edited by Xethis

Alright, it's been a while since I've last bothered to update this thread as we all know, everything this guide has is going to be pointless with the release of 2.0. I guess I can keep updating it but I don't see the point when no dps assassins will even touch pve.

Safe to say I'm going to quit my assassin with the 2.0 release.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for some thread like this. and after a lot of practice (and better gear) i have picked up good balance for my stats, assassin madness pull out the best dps for me. I got full 61 gear, hilt 63, focus armoring 63, waist & wrist armorings 63. got 2 dreadguard relic one with +350 power on cd & the 280 kinetic dmg every 4,5 seconds. Rest is black hole / campaign.

I'm proud of this cause i play only from some months (November 2012).

here is one of the last parser --> http://www.torparse.com/a/172516 (at seconds 301 i'm near 1776 dps costant).

I don't use shock for the 20 seconds buff and my spec is 7/3/31 [ http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bc0MZcZfrfRr0kMfz.2 ]

let me know if i can improve more before expansion out.

(i will update with my Mr Robot Armory)

• 2 weeks later...
Also:

I thought it was common knowledge that raze ticks eating up deathmarks is actually a bad thing, since the dot isn't as strong as your other two, which will make better use of the dmg boost. While i wouldn't recommend to wait for deathmarks to wear of before refreshing raze either - this seems like a misinformation to me. Imho madness sorcs even try to avoid this in their rotation.

This and the OP are incorrect. Use Raze/Mind Crush on proc, every time. This is your #2 priority behind Spinning Strike. I realize it seems to make sense to keep your 2 main DoT's eating your Deathmarks, but it just doesn't work. Seriously, try it... your DPS will be lower every time. Creeping Terror and Discharge alone take too long to eat 10 charges, and you'll be sitting on your Raze for way too long... remember that the Raze proc is a HUGE portion of our resource management as well. If done right, there should only be 1-2 CD's where your target isn't Raze'd (more if you are really unlucky), so any time beyond that is a DPS loss, period.

Further, the DPS loss on Raze eating your DM's isn't that big a deal. Let's see, I'm at the dummy now. My Creeping Terror CRITS for 790, Discharge CRITS for 728, and my Raze CRITS for 487. With Deathmarks, we're looking at an extra 20% damage, so 160, 144, and 96 damage respectively. Now on average, my Raze eats 3-4 marks per Deathfield. So let's see here... absolute WORST case scenario, I miss out on 2 crits each from CT and Discharge: 160 + 160 + 144 +144 = 608 dmg, and instead get 4 non-crits of Raze (my Raze non-crit hits for 236) for 46 + 46 + 46 + 46 = 184 dmg. So, in a really, really unlucky, absolute worst-case scenario, I lose out on 608 - 184 = 484 damage. Every 15 seconds. Whoop-ty do.

A couple other issues with the OP. A miss, especially a Maul is a big deal. Yes the Maul proc is still there, but that's one GCD where your damage is goose-egg. These add up over time and will effect your DPS. Go 100% accuracy. And lastly, the best Assasin PVE spec is 5/5/31, hands-down. The other 2 in Deception should be in Dark Embrace. It's not that big, but hey its an extra 24 force for your opener, and every 2 mins with Force Cloak.

Not sure why I'm posting this now... we might be totally garbo in 2.0 :(

• 2 months later...
Is the information on the madness rotation still reliable in this thread at this patch? just asking since im a first time player and dont know if anything has changed.

Maul and shock are both pretty pointless in your rotation in 2.0

Basically you maintain the 3 dots (discharge, creeping terror, crushing darkness) on your target, as well as death field every cooldown, and thrash/saber strike as needed in between to proc your next crushing darkness. You can proc with saber strike, so try to keep your force high enough to allow you to use your costly moves when you need to.

For recklessness and overcharge saber you pretty much just use them on cooldown. You could get more effectiveness out of them by using them at specific moments but it won't change all that much in the grand scheme of things, and for a new player I'd probably recommend just getting the rotation down.

Edited by JP_Legatus