April PvP Report

MikeBradley

To be honest op, and I am not being an *** for the sake of being an ***, but this cheating issue should have been dealt with years ago. Instead, you chose to ignore it, shut down ranked faction warzones, and move ranked completely to arenas. We all know how much that hurt the game, lost a good deal of pvpers over that mess. My point yea I would continue on finding a way to prevent such things in game, but honestly your pvp system needs to go back to its roots.

As soon as you guys got rid of faction pvp it became pointless. This is not a tactical game its based on whos bringing the up to snuff spec, and gear. The end. Now I have no desire to pvp. The arenas in a mmorpg will never work in pvp, because the idea is false hope. Blizzard entertainment spent years and probably millions of dollars trying to achieve perfect balance in pvp. Yet every arena season came, the top classes were chosen and exploited. Warzones have too many players for that margin to be fully exploited. Want to keep the two huttball maps fine, but my opinion it is time to get pvp back to being faction and warzones. Stop splitting your resources over arenas that can be so easily exploited by the right classes. You more then likely will not do this, and I get it. Ill just keep doing other things in game. The feedback of one player.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also quite often end up logging out in disgust over various things in this game. Although, honestly, it usually has less to do with something bioware does, than with something "us" players do.

I've tried to start conditioning myself so that if I get a few good games, I just log out then, right after a good game. Instead of "hey, games have been good, let's sign up for another!". I mean, unlike flipping that penny, where you have a 50/50 chance no matter what happened before, we all really know that the more good games you get, the less likely it is that the NEXT one is going to still be good. Of course, now that means I log out after either a good or bad game... hmm. :p

[Edit: although I do quit because of bioware stupidity sometimes... Quesh HB, Vandin, Vandin... :mad: <quit>. For the love of whatever you consider holy, I hope 6.0 brings SOME ability to actually pick WZs.]

I relate to this. If its a 4x4 I would say i'm 50%-75% on a winning team. On 8 mans though I am consistently on a 1 in 9 win/loss it it gets very upsetting. I have gone as far as 17 straight losses. Years ago it was due to premade squads of 8 vs random pug squad of 8, not sure but might be the same.

Sometimes I wish I could have plateaued out with my disappoint and been done with it. But I’ve dropped below that line now and it just depresses me,

I’m nearly at Lhance’s level of unsubbing again. Because honestly, when I do login these days I usually log out feeling worse. I’m sure that’s not good for my mental health.

If you're burnt out on the game now, it's probably a good time to take a vacation until 6.0. Otherwise, you're going to be even more disappointed and depressed when you have to level all 50 of your toons to 75, complete the content, learn a completely new system of tac items and gear sets, then grind out the gear you need for each mirror class.

ha :D

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Do you mean me asking them to fix the matchmaking or remove it, is me gaslighting?

I mean the players doing the toxic things convincing everyone that doing toxic things is OK "because it's PvP" and that actually doing something about them will "destroy the community."

If you're burnt out on the game now, it's probably a good time to take a vacation until 6.0. Otherwise, you're going to be even more disappointed and depressed when you have to level all 50 of your toons to 75, complete the content, learn a completely new system of tac items and gear sets, then grind out the gear you need for each mirror class.

ha :D

But what do I play till the ? If I already had something I would be gone

*smokes* and slowly piece by piece the swtor ineptitude at managing a game begins to become public.

gold sellers

wintrading services

$$$ being made by third party users off swtor game.

only way to fix it is to actually care about your game and put real moderation behind it. I ask a lot, Im sorry.

and now, as more an more comes to surface bioware (if they have half a brain) are beginning to understand why vet players leave this game, and never return to being hrd core about it. oh a new expansion might be shiny for awhile, but inevitably we leave, for the same reason we originaly did.

the only players who ultimately keep it up and floating are player who make more US$ off it then they spend on bioware.

Edited by Seterade

*smokes* and slowly piece by piece the swtor ineptitude at managing a game begins to become public.

gold sellers

wintrading services

$$$ being made by third party users off swtor game.

only way to fix it is to actually care about your game and put real moderation behind it. I ask a lot, Im sorry.

and now, as more an more comes to surface bioware (if they have half a brain) are beginning to understand why vet players leave this game, and never return to being hrd core about it. oh a new expansion might be shiny for awhile, but inevitably we leave, for the same reason we originaly did.

the only players who ultimately keep it up and floating are player who make more US$ off it then they spend on bioware.

What makes it worse is the internal help of some Bioware employees who are enabling this sort of behaviour.

That is a serious concern and tarnishes those not involved. It also explains why certain cheats in this game get away with things, while others don’t.

It makes you wonder if this individual provides a finical incentive to those inside Bioware people. I can’t imagine they would risk their jobs for no reason.

I believe Musco is in charge of the CS staff who have been doing this. It certainly doesn’t look good that this has happened on his watch.

If it was me, I would be doing a thorough investigation to weed out these people and putting systems in place to prevent it in the future.

In some of my past work lives, I’ve sacked whole teams of CS and retail stores when it was impossible to identify the individuals doing the corrupt behaviour or thievery. That may sound extreme, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, especially where company image or money is involved.

We have a nice saying in our language, which goes: "Well good morning Grandma!"

It kinda means that people finnaly woke up and realized what is going on. As always its too little and too late, but lets go with it. At least people can stop wondering how people were getting unbanned and why so much went through so....

Still, we can keep on posting all we want, its not up to us to take actions, we can only sit and wait.

We have a nice saying in our language, which goes: "Well good morning Grandma!"

It kinda means that people finnaly woke up and realized what is going on. As always its too little and too late, but lets go with it. At least people can stop wondering how people were getting unbanned and why so much went through so....

Still, we can keep on posting all we want, its not up to us to take actions, we can only sit and wait.

You mean thats why all cheaters was unbanned last season?

You mean thats why all cheaters was unbanned last season?

We have been asking questions how come people get unbanned. Well, it people know people in Customer service then its evident that its a method of getting unbanned. People were discussing the possibilities of reporting frauds to paypal or credit card services etc, but in reality it might have been an inside job.

However, I just cant imagine that a person working for bioware would take a bribe for example or risk a friendship with a player for such stuff, but you never know.

Makes you wonder how much they would need to bribe.

Like I said, I cannot imagine it. I mean those people must have ok salaries. Bribes wouldnt be attractive for them. Could be friendship etc, I had wuite a few people on CS that I directly contacted for stuff since they actually were able to fix stuff.

Like I said, I cannot imagine it. I mean those people must have ok salaries. Bribes wouldnt be attractive for them. Could be friendship etc, I had wuite a few people on CS that I directly contacted for stuff since they actually were able to fix stuff.

You’d be surprised how stupid people can be. I’ve had to sack staff for stealing or doing dodgy stuff. Not always because it was a huge amount or it broke any laws,

As an example, I remember when I managed an EB games store and my 2IC stole a game instead of buying it cheap with a staff discount. When asked why he did it, he said he didn’t think he would get caught.

He was on a good salary for his age and experience. He didn’t need the game because I let them take them home and play them when ever they wanted ;)

People are just dumb. That’s all the reason you need.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You’d be surprised how stupid people can be. I’ve had to sack staff for stealing or doing dodgy stuff. Not always because it was a huge amount or it broke any laws,

As an example, I remember when I managed an EB games store and my 2IC stole a game instead of buying it cheap with a staff discount. When asked why he did it, he said he didn’t think he would get caught.

He was on a good salary for his age and experience. He didn’t need the game because I let them take them home and play them when ever they wanted ;)

People are just dumb. That’s all the reason you need.

Call me Exhibit A than. :eek:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Dear Mike🅱️

Recent actions taken against a certain hacker have been discussed on the forums of late.

I can’t go into details and I think we all know why.

Those of us who saw or discussed the situation have been appalled at the lenient actions taken against a known hacker, who also does other things just as bad. Like wintrading, botting, selling credits, sharing actions, etc.

Please Mike🅱️, you need to review your policies on punishments. I also think these should be looked at by someone other than CS or with more oversight after it’s come to light that you may have situation there too.

A person caught hacking, botting, etc, knows they are 100% breaking the rules. This isn’t some exploit they accidentally triggered. It’s a determined effort to cheat and should have the harshest punishment applied the first time they are caught. NO warnings, NO temp bans that escalate. They need a big BAN HAMMER 🔨🔨 that permanently closes their account.

People cheating in this fashion do so because of Bioware’s lax deterrent. They are actively laughing at you about it and there is documented proof, the same as the videos of them hacking.

Please Mike 🅱️, for the love of god, get this looked into (especially this case).

I would like to offer two more suggestions :

1. If you are able to get the punishments reviewed and changed, Post the deterrents for cheating to let people know if they hack or cheat with third party software, etc, they WILL get banned. Do not be ambiguous about it and and say they might. That is no deterrent!!

2. After implementing number one, when you do your monthly report about win-traders, please tell us how many people are caught and banned for hacking. This would help instill some confidence that the policy has changed and also act as its “own” deterrent. As much Transparency as you can will add to the deterrent and help clean up the game’s image.

April pvp report is more like april fools joke.

Fly hackers is still in game mostly he got a few days ban, botter still in game with all of his ratings so they did nothing at all. Good job as always doing nothing.

April pvp report is more like april fools joke.

Fly hackers is still in game mostly he got a few days ban, botter still in game with all of his ratings so they did nothing at all. Good job as always doing nothing.

duh? come on, you do realize their full of it right? bioware will tell you just enough to keep you happy then they will proceed to do what they are going to do. all this was settled a few weeks ago, and it all came true. I personaly am going to resub after (none of that delayed launch bs) 6.0 launchs and Im going to enjoy the meta change until Im bored with it.... and then? Im going to stop subbing till 7.0 if it ever happens. I wont sit through another 3 year expansion of constant gear grinds, no meta change, and sub par pvp ideas that make a mockery of OG hypergate/NC/CW.

Edited by Seterade

duh? come on, you do realize their full of it right? bioware will tell you just enough to keep you happy then they will proceed to do what they are going to do. all this was settled a few weeks ago, and it all came true. I personaly am going to resub after (none of that delayed launch bs) 6.0 launchs and Im going to enjoy the meta change until Im bored with it.... and then? Im going to stop subbing till 7.0 if it ever happens. I wont sit through another 3 year expansion of constant gear grinds, no meta change, and sub par pvp ideas that make a mockery of OG hypergate/NC/CW.

They're like politicians. They tell you everything you want to hear, they say they will not be 'just hot air like the others' and once they get into office, 'things get in the way of their good intentions that they had not foreseen or knew of at the time.' They 'inherit' the effects of the previous office holder and so it's 'their fault' they can't live up to their 'promises'.

It's like the 'gold'/'credit' spammers you see in most MMOs. They never get rid of them or do anything to stop them really because they know that in order to 'ply their trade' that requires a ton of sub accounts. You ban them and you lose substantial monies that are reliable while they are free to do there 'work.'

Businesses are about the bottom line. Period. Everything else is a secondary concern.

They may be 'cheaters', but they are also paying customers.

I suspect that many of those [but not all] who try and minimize the 'amount of 'cheating'/say L2P issues' are either those that are 'guilty', the same person stating it on an alternate account to make it look like more people think it's bs those saying they think there is cheating going on than actually exist or are friends of them.

They're like politicians. They tell you everything you want to hear, they say they will not be 'just hot air like the others' and once they get into office, 'things get in the way of their good intentions that they had not foreseen or knew of at the time.' They 'inherit' the effects of the previous office holder and so it's 'their fault' they can't live up to their 'promises'.

It's like the 'gold'/'credit' spammers you see in most MMOs. They never get rid of them or do anything to stop them really because they know that in order to 'ply their trade' that requires a ton of sub accounts. You ban them and you lose substantial monies that are reliable while they are free to do there 'work.'

They compete with the cash shop. More people buying credits from credit scammers = fewer people buying stuff off the CM and putting it on GTN, or so goes the theory.

Businesses are about the bottom line. Period. Everything else is a secondary concern.

This is why it's so hard to get a AAA game that hasn't been totally wrecked by a cash shop. Making a good game isn't as profitable as making a flashy time sink and milking everyone. The shareholders want their hockey stick graph and will sling poo everywhere if they don't get it.

Galactic Command 1.0 looked a lot like a blatant grind-till-your-eyes-bleed-or-pay-to-win system where they "forgot" to add the "pay-to-win" parts. Or: upper management was upper management, and local management resisted the only way they could, thinking that way wouldn't cause the playerbase to go up in flames.

They may be 'cheaters', but they are also paying customers.

A handful of paying customers ruining it for everyone aren't worth protecting, unless they're whales and all the people complaining aren't.

After all, not all paying customers are created equal. If your interests diverge from the company's financial interests, your votes are: your feet, and stirring up trouble.

Edit: If they actually used the amount of money you've spent in deciding moderation reports and the players found out about it, there'd be a firestorm. But the same corporate apologists would be out with "It's their game and they can do what they want with it" and "they have to make money to keep the game running" lines, and it would be normalized by 2025, assuming the game industry hasn't collapsed by then.

I suspect that many of those [but not all] who try and minimize the 'amount of 'cheating'/say L2P issues' are either those that are 'guilty', the same person stating it on an alternate account to make it look like more people think it's bs those saying they think there is cheating going on than actually exist or are friends of them.

This omits "people who think the cheaters really are that good."

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

April PvP report? It was more like april fools joke.

Fly hacker returned the game after a few days of ban (maybe he had exams or his mom grounded him and took his computer away which is more likely), botter didnt get a single punishment and all his non bot toons has their ratings. So entire report is a joke.

• 2 weeks later...