Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jonathanwesttt
04.02.2013 , 01:58 PM | #1271
Quote: Originally Posted by Jragx View Post
This worked for me. Thanks!

While this may work no one pays for a game to have issues like this its biowares responsibility to fix the issue ASAP just saying, and i literally just drooped $150 3 days ago witch is a big deal for me and others that recently put cash in to the game

Aurelinus
04.02.2013 , 02:03 PM | #1272
I'm another one with crash upon start up the game after logging. None of the temporary solutions work, yesterday there weren't any problems, however i got alert for "one instance can run only", but the game started. For few hours it crashes continously.
Thanks for wasting my money since i can't play and possibility to become one more "happy" subscriber.

jonathanwesttt
04.02.2013 , 02:07 PM | #1273
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurelinus View Post
I'm another one with crash upon start up the game after logging. None of the temporary solutions work, yesterday there weren't any problems, however i got alert for "one instance can run only", but the game started. For few hours it crashes continously.
Thanks for wasting my money since i can't play and possibility to become one more "happy" subscriber.

i am a player like u i feel ya its not our responsibility to find a patch to the patch its the company's job to fix it

jonathanwesttt
04.02.2013 , 02:20 PM | #1274
I'm ranting and raging hear but it got me thinking thoe I'm done with wow i never had the kind of issues I'm having with SWTOR with any of my blizzard entertainment games take some notes from there style of updates n speed on fixing issues JUST SAYING.

BigDanM
04.02.2013 , 02:27 PM | #1275
Quote: Originally Posted by jonathanwesttt View Post
I'm ranting and raging hear but it got me thinking thoe I'm done with wow i never had the kind of issues I'm having with SWTOR with any of my blizzard entertainment games take some notes from there style of updates n speed on fixing issues JUST SAYING.
Yeah, I NEVER had this issue with W.o.W. either....and they can try like hell to blame it on my new 8 core comp with 1866mhz 16gig's of ram, Geforce GTX 650(2gig) and Window's 7.....I can't even get to the log-in screen, it just shuts off.....I'm about to just cancel my 6 months subscription to this game and go back to a game that I know wont have any issues with my new comp....

ScurvyPeet
04.02.2013 , 02:28 PM | #1276
I cannot even get the game to launch, the program crashes during the initial loading screen to the game. this has occured every single time i have tried to launch sense the 1.7.3 patch was applied

the following is the reliability report

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51547cc6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_b370
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 744ee2d4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b370
Additional Information 2: b3702f3af9c929823a5f263c53066567
Additional Information 3: 4338
Additional Information 4: 43384bb193068277b001506c5bc95ebc

running in compatibality mode worked for me

FyreJoe
04.02.2013 , 02:29 PM | #1277
I can't even get into the game. I have tried to sign on since a little after 9 am this morning (EST), with no sucess. As soon as I enter ID/Password, the screen goes black, the splash screen flashes, goes black for a second, then splash screen reappears (for about twenty seconds) and it immediately closes out to desktop. Here is the requested info, for Win 7 (64 bit). I have chars on Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant. How big is this issue, affecting how many subscribers/ftp?

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51547cc6
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 3555842254

TedderUkan
04.02.2013 , 02:42 PM | #1278
1. Shadowlands
2. K'norr and every other character
3. The game crashes to desktop even before I get to the character screen. I put in the appropriate information and the launcher accepts both my password and security code, then moves on to loading the game. At the point where the screen displays the The Old Republic wallpaper background with the little droid loading animation actively spinning about at the bottom right of the screen, it crashes to desktop. It has been doing this all day with no exceptions. I cannot get into the game. I'm brand new to this game. I pay subscription. This is a problem.

Spoiler

Dartagnan_
04.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #1279
This is what I did to finally get mine working. I deleted the patch folder and ran FixLauncher.exe Then I set both swtor.exe and launcher.exe to compatibility OS mode (XPSP3 for me) then use the following steps under the SUPPORT (search launcher) Intermediate Launcher Troubleshooting to reset the winsock:
How do I repair/reset my Winsock settings?

We also advise that you try a Winsock reset; you can do this by opening Command Prompt and running it as Administrator. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator"
3. Type in the following command and then press enter :
Netsh winsock reset catalog
4. Type in the following command and then press enter :
Netsh in tip reset reset.log hit

I hope this helps!

Tivian
04.02.2013 , 02:54 PM | #1280
I can't even log in. I hit the splash screen enter my info and hit play...does the update..hit play again...goes to the load screen...but still shows my desk top cursor...and the circle load indicator...then boom crash to desk top. I had the same issue..but logged into swtor.com and did some verification thing...which by the way was RETARDED! and after I did the temp password enter...I was able to play. I log out now I can't get back in.