Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Some classes feel out of place

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Some classes feel out of place

mynxvablid's Avatar


mynxvablid
07.06.2015 , 08:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Question: If Vader was so strong in the force, why didn't Vader simply grab Luke with the force when he leaped into Cloud City Central pit? Yoda lifted an X-Wing. One would think Vader would have been strong enough to float Luke.
The X-Wing wouldn't have been able to resist Yoda's efforts to lift it. Luke had made up his mind to jump rather than submit to Vader. Even if Vader was able to catch Luke, Luke would've been able to resist.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
07.07.2015 , 10:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by halinalle View Post
and going by how some players rp their sith:
Emperor: "if you really think that you're true sith then prove it by killing yourself."
sith: "gladly!"
lol ! :d

Sinapus's Avatar


Sinapus
07.07.2015 , 08:37 PM | #23
Obviously, some people cannot comprehend the power of Dirty Kick.


(Though I am wondering why the Smuggler never gets a "dance off, bro" option when facing powerful Force users... Though I'm sure Revan would say "You're on!" and things would get incredibly silly...)
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Shadowsentinel's Avatar


Shadowsentinel
07.09.2015 , 06:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mynxvablid View Post
The X-Wing wouldn't have been able to resist Yoda's efforts to lift it. Luke had made up his mind to jump rather than submit to Vader. Even if Vader was able to catch Luke, Luke would've been able to resist.
He could grab his clothes instead. It's not like they can resist
'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.'

jauvtus's Avatar


jauvtus
07.09.2015 , 06:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
Story-wise, I think the only class that feels out of place is the smuggler. Smuggling is highly illegal in the Republic, and a space pirate isn't going to just be running around Republic space or territory. Note the cinematic video, The smuggler was arrested for smuggling inside Republic territory, and the Jedi were involved, because what he was smuggling were Sith artifacts. But, our smuggler can just run around coruscat without a single c-sec saying " HEY YOU STOP!" The smuggler feels like a class that was just put in the game just because.
Actually, the Empire handles smuggling much strictly than Republic (you will simply get executed and not stored in a prison from where you will escape the next day), there are simply very few smugglers in the Empire (ofc underworld exist there too, but not even closely as strong as rep one). So yeah, smuggling might be illegal in Republic, but the law isnt enforced enough, and even if you get caught most cases punishment is not that hard

jauvtus's Avatar


jauvtus
07.09.2015 , 06:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mynxvablid View Post
The X-Wing wouldn't have been able to resist Yoda's efforts to lift it. Luke had made up his mind to jump rather than submit to Vader. Even if Vader was able to catch Luke, Luke would've been able to resist.
I don't think he was trained enough (its advanced Force training to be able to resist force powers), neither was he attuned to light side enough, that my-father-is-the-galaxy's-evil thing must have made him confused also. I think it was rather Anakin letting him go (you know his light side never died and we are talking about his son, not some random jedi)

Djiini's Avatar


Djiini
07.09.2015 , 07:37 AM | #27
Your argument, OP, falls flat because you fail to realize that the ****** normals are even better than their counterparts.

Yes, the Smuggler is even more clever than Han Solo.
Spheal with it.

I'm pretty sure you could argue Havoc CO is a better trooper than Jace, too, what with the whole 'storms into a volcano base filled with hundreds of enemies alone and has no problem whatever'.

At level ten!

Quote: Originally Posted by DARTHOSIRUS View Post
Han Solo is a damn good smuggler and probably on par with swtor smuggler, but he stood no chance against someone like Vader. People seem to forget Vader is far more powerful than even very powerful sith. He is estimated to be 80% the power of Sidious.

In the movies the best example of a non force user holding his own with a powerful force user is Jango Fett vs. Obi wan Kenobi. Fett gave Kenobi a pretty decent fight.
Okay but Vitiate is literally lightyears above Palpatine or any other Sith seen so far until someone can tell me where any Sith performed a feat equivalent to DRINKING A PLANET.
This is a pointless statement.

TGaP_Andrey's Avatar


TGaP_Andrey
07.09.2015 , 01:49 PM | #28
Yeah, OP, I have this problem too. I don't know how I shall play KotFE for IA or Trooper thought about possible duel between Major and that Vader-like dude with yellow saber is laughable and pathetic. Seriously, force user >>>>>>>> any non-force user, no matter how skilled he is. I don't know, even battle with Revan for Cipher 9 or Voidhound looks damn stupid.

The only class that fits the whole game is swordsman: knight or warrior.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
07.11.2015 , 02:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TGaP_Andrey View Post
Yeah, OP, I have this problem too. I don't know how I shall play KotFE for IA or Trooper thought about possible duel between Major and that Vader-like dude with yellow saber is laughable and pathetic. Seriously, force user >>>>>>>> any non-force user, no matter how skilled he is. I don't know, even battle with Revan for Cipher 9 or Voidhound looks damn stupid.

The only class that fits the whole game is swordsman: knight or warrior.
A lot of the class storylines for the non force users (all except BH) do seem to go "What?! Jedi/Sith?! I can't beat them alone!"

When rolling a second Smuggler, I came to think the solution was to say my smuggler was a force user who didn't go with either the Jedi or Sith teachings. Force user who uses blasters instead of a light saber! What helped sell it imo was going Miraluka.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

NasherUK's Avatar


NasherUK
07.12.2015 , 11:17 AM | #30
It feels out of place because it is. SWTOR's original designs were a lot more like KOTOR. But it got wowified :/

The game we got isn't what was expected, which is why so many were dissapointed come release.