Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's going to happen with CG when 5.2 hits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's going to happen with CG when 5.2 hits?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
02.13.2017 , 07:46 AM | #1
I was able to level about 40 command levels this weekend (got a whole one set piece for my time) and, personally, I thought that the speed I was gaining levels was just about perfect (and I was using the CM boosts). I know they say they are still working on the CG drops so I'm going to leave that part out of this.

However, what is going to happen when 5.2 hits? Currently, the patch notes say that 250% boost is only going to last until 5.2. Are we going to completely loose this boost and go back to grinding 1 crate every 1.5 - 2 hours? The current 250% boost needs to become the permanent rate of CXP gains.

Jedi_riches
02.13.2017 , 08:00 AM | #2
I have no idea how it will work in 5.2, I hit level 70 questing on Tatooine and got 70cxp per mission turn in.

It all depends on how Bioware define the time between ranks, they originally said 1 a hour (I think) but what activity are they considering players are doing? is that a hour of questing, playing warzones? operations or is it only by farming the specific GC activities listed?
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Lionflash
02.13.2017 , 08:19 AM | #3
Whether or not the crates hold anything valuable is debatable, but I do enjoy that I get one after almost every activity. Definitely hope things stay like this.

BJWyler
02.13.2017 , 08:24 AM | #4
Well if the XP bonuses are any indication, they will probably end up baking in the CXP bonus as a permanent feature and then find some other way to make people grind at end game to force sub numbers up.
Better Judgement and Wrath of Judgement on Star Forge
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

PlasmaJohn
02.13.2017 , 08:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
However, what is going to happen when 5.2 hits? Currently, the patch notes say that 250% boost is only going to last until 5.2. Are we going to completely loose this boost and go back to grinding 1 crate every 1.5 - 2 hours? The current 250% boost needs to become the permanent rate of CXP gains.
As far as I understand it they plan to rework the finer grained awards granted by the various activities. We know that ground PvP and the various instanced PvE modes (Ops, Flashpoints and Uprisings) are going to get a significant boost in 5.1.2. Absent any other information if you don't do any of those you're pretty much boned.

Unassembled Components are the only functional part of Galactic Command. The rest is an unmitigated disaster that needs to be scrapped. Instead of CXP they need to award UC's directly. No more RNG. No more tortured tweaks that are ultimately ineffective in making this naive system palatable.

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Eli_Porter
02.13.2017 , 08:38 AM | #6
They said they plan to increase the rewards to compensate. And while you lose the +250%, you keep the +100% for T1-T2. So let's say they buff the base rewards by 50%, those get multiplied by 200% for T1-T2. So instead of the 450% you have now it'd be 300%, which is just 2/3rd as much.

I suggest using this time to get T3 on a DPS and Tank character so you get easy access to all 240 mods, and gathering 240 schematics/mods for your future alts.

AllisonLightning
02.13.2017 , 08:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
I have no idea how it will work in 5.2, I hit level 70 questing on Tatooine and got 70cxp per mission turn in.

It all depends on how Bioware define the time between ranks, they originally said 1 a hour (I think) but what activity are they considering players are doing? is that a hour of questing, playing warzones? operations or is it only by farming the specific GC activities listed?
It takes more than an hour for me with boosts with warzones (Arenas do pop up as well as if you're on Republic side, sucks to be you) so this worries me as well. It's not like a crate every half hour makes it any less RNG. One character to grind 300 ranks would still be 150 hours at a 30 minute interval.

The RNG is still there but there's not the insane sense of 'I spent forever chasing this next crate and all I got was garbage'. So I too advocate this become the normal rate for the Command Crates.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

merovejec
02.13.2017 , 09:21 AM | #8
Since we have a CXP boost and a ops coming out it can only mean one thing: New tiers of gear, increase in max GC rank!
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

nepochop
02.13.2017 , 09:21 AM | #9
Max GC rank increase, I fear!

EricMusco
02.13.2017 , 09:28 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I was able to level about 40 command levels this weekend (got a whole one set piece for my time) and, personally, I thought that the speed I was gaining levels was just about perfect (and I was using the CM boosts). I know they say they are still working on the CG drops so I'm going to leave that part out of this.

Good question! In short, when the event ends in 5.2 we are going to also readjust the CXP rates at the same time. The intent is to buff CXP above what it was prior to the event. How high we buff it remains to be seen, but our intent is definitely that you get a crate faster than you did before 5.1.1. Once we get closer to 5.2 I should have more details on what CXP gains will look like.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]