Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IO is parsing unusually low

Hoppinswtor
03.25.2018 , 10:58 AM | #1
I've verified this with at least 4 other IO mercs. On dummies, IO is parsing on average about 300-400 less DPS than it did in December (after they had already nerfed the set bonuses). I was averaging about 10k on a dummy in late December, and now, with the same gear and rotation and everything, my average is down to 9600. The other mercs noticed a similar drop-off. Has anyone else noticed? Is there some sort of ninja nerf at play here?
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

CMoray
03.25.2018 , 01:06 PM | #2
I am always bad at dummy parsing with my AS Commando. Normally around 9.3-9.5k. But the last two resulted in something between 9-9.2k. I'll try some more and let you now.
Aurinko

CMoray
03.27.2018 , 04:02 AM | #3
Had 9.999 yesterday. So it feels like the same for me.
I only see huge differences in the first Izax Phase. It differs between 9-10k. Always the same use of abilities.
Aurinko

neweses
04.04.2018 , 07:56 PM | #4
Hmm, i'm parsing 9.8k-10k on avg atm, didn't parse IO back then, so can't really comment on december parses, probably just a very unlikely coincidence. Even tho i don't really like what the devs are doing with classes and the game overall and which direction their taking, i doubt they'd nerf a class without letting the community know.
Sniper main playing on Darth Malgus for <Carried You>

Post 5.2 8m Progression:

TFB 5/5 + all survivals/timed
SnV 7/7 + all survivals/timed
EC 4/4 + all survivals/timed
DP 5/5 + timed
DF 5/5 + timed
ToS 5/5
Rav 5/5
GftM 5/5 pre nerf Izax Kill
Mono 1/1

Machricar
04.05.2018 , 03:26 PM | #5
I didn't do any parsing in December so I can't compare it to then, but I haven't had issues recently with it seeming lower than normal. It's still possible to average 10k on a 2.5m dummy, depending on the rotation.

For Izax 1st phase, the main reason dps is lower is because you lose a GCD not being able to precast serrated shot. Since phase 1 is so short, that's going to come out to a loss of a couple hundred dps.
Radley-Walters - Marauder
Chernova - Mercenary

Hoppinswtor
04.06.2018 , 04:02 AM | #6
I figured out the problem: I was using the old marisi-fascinate rotation. I forgot I had switched rotations to allow for extra thermal detonators, which is more optimal in the wake of the new 5.0 passive. Back to averaging 10k again.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)