Interesting unlock datamined by darthhater

Frumyrfrenzy

Don't toy with my emotions...

Chapter 4 means more story content... chapters follow and move with the individual class stories. Don't mess with me now...they said that Makeb wouldn't continue the original class stories and planet stories exist outside the chapters as well...

I was checking darthhater and found this:

http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/57138/chapter_4_rise_of_the_hutt_cartel/

Is this related to Makeb?

Hmmm .... thinking on this a bit:

They stated "story will continue" but not "personal story" for makeb. Maybe (just a guess) Chapter Four is written for "all the classes" so it will be "in addition" to the Makeb "planet story". Maybe chapter 4 will be a sort of tieing up of loose ends from Chapters one thru three and a chance to see how the story were interwoven ( if you play more than one character you can see elements of the other storylines). Thoughts? :cool:

They stated "story will continue" but not "personal story" for makeb. Maybe (just a guess) Chapter Four is written for "all the classes" so it will be "in addition" to the Makeb "planet story". Maybe chapter 4 will be a sort of tieing up of loose ends from Chapters one thru three and a chance to see how the story were interwoven ( if you play more than one character you can see elements of the other storylines). Thoughts? :cool:

I hope that if Chapter 4 comes out, that it includes both class stories and more than one planet. Future chapters should be just as long as the chapters are now. I'm hoping Makeb (if not just one of the planets in Chapter 4) is just an extra in an update like Section X.

My guess is it will be similar to the "story missions" on Ilum. Every class will probably end up doing the same missions. They have already stated that Makeb isn't a full expansion so I wouldn't imagine we would see any continuation of the class stories until a full fledged expansion is released.

They'll most likely have the story continue from the end of the "Siege of Ilum" planetary/faction story arc. Considering that "False Emperor" (storymode) is also a requirement for getting HK-51, that seems the way they want to go.

I know it's dumb to hope for an expansion.

But I am! :csw_jabba:

It's not dumb. This is one of those instances where a major boxed (or digital download) expansion makes complete sense after the release of the F2P model.

Don't let the people on the forum that hate everything about this game temper your common sense. Expansions are the key to growth in AAA MMO's. SWTOR will have expansions, in fact there's even a quote from Damien Shubert, Lead System Designer, that they are working on an expansion.

Edited by Tim-ONeil

link r broke for me

Here is what it says:

Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Bind On Equip

Inventory

Grants all characters on your account access to "Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel"

Use: Applies the selected unlock to your Player Character or to your Account.

:cool:

I was checking darthhater and found this:

http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/57138/chapter_4_rise_of_the_hutt_cartel/

Is this related to Makeb?

Probably same as section x authorization. When Makeb is released subs will get the content for free and f2p players can purchase authorization in the store. Authorization is a consumable that goes into your inventory looks just like this. I'd just keep in mind datamined files can sometimes be months ahead of actual release so while It's going in it could be months out.

Probably same as section x authorization. When Makeb is released subs will get the content for free and f2p players can purchase authorization in the store. Authorization is a consumable that goes into your inventory looks just like this. I'd just keep in mind datamined files can sometimes be months ahead of actual release so while It's going in it could be months out.

Indeed. :cool:

It's not dumb. This is one of those instances where a major boxed (or digital download) expansion makes complete sense after the release of the F2P model.

Don't let the people on the forum that hate everything about this game temper your common sense. Expansions are the key to growth in AAA MMO's. SWTOR will have expansions, in fact there's even a quote from Damien Shubert, Lead System Designer, that they are working on an expansion.

In that case, I know it's not dumb to hope for an expansion. And I am! I recall that quote, but I suppose fear about the status of the game has been getting me down.

In that case, I know it's not dumb to hope for an expansion. And I am! I recall that quote, but I suppose fear about the status of the game has been getting me down.

It's kinda of interesting if you look at the other games that the people that harp on the game always point to and how they are doing relative to SWTOR. Call me crazy but those others games do not inspire success. As bad as people claim the game is it is still above these other popularly discussed games:

This is the information we have to go on. You can debate the validity of the info but it's all we have otherwise it's all opinion based. http://www.mmodata.net/

Per EA (and we'll get an update at the end of the month) SWTOR has between 1million and 500k. Of course people immediately gravitate towards the 500k mark.

Star Trek Online has less than ~60k players.

Eve Online has ~350k players.

LOTOR has ~250k players.

Rift has ~250k players.

SWG had under 30k players before the sunsetting announcement.

The outliers is of course WoW with over 6.5 million subs.

So the moral of the story here is that SWTOR is better off than people are willing to admit. With F2P they can further stabilize the game and an expansion could easily grow the population.

It's at worst the #3 MMO in the western market right now, and #2 if you consider it among the sub/F2p model games.

Edited by Tim-ONeil

Chapter 4?? Ok, that's actually exciting. I've been waiting to see confirmation that we'll have actual story continuation soon. As long as this is a legitimate Chapter 4 that continues the different class stories and doesn't mash them all together, I'm very very happy with this.

Wasnt the cap going to be lifted from 50 to 55? Would allow them to "reset" all the end game armours and give people more carrots to chase

Personally I think MMOs should do this more often, eliminates power creep and makes it easier for those who joins at a later date

• 1 month later...