Arcann Companion

RobTWC

Hi Guys,

Can I kill Arcann as part of my DS Inquisitor story arc but then claim him back via the companion terminal?

Can’t seem to find an answer online to this specifically and wondered if anyone has managed this lately.

I’ve noticed in the DS vendor there’s a DS Arcann companion customisation but how can I be true to DS and kill him and still have the option of him as a companion outwith the story arc.

Thanks.

One obvious way is to play "pragmatic Dark" rather than "goggly-eyed maniac Dark". Example of pDark Sith:

* Darth Marr

* Darth Malgus

* Lana Beniko

* Darth / Empress Acina

* Darth Vowrawn

All of these NPCs are pragmatic - they see the advantage of actions that appear "light", or even actions that *are* light, but can be used to promote either the goals of Dark (use the recruitment of Arcann as a means of tormenting Vaylin) or of the player's goals/faction (whether that's the Republic or the Empire or the Alliance, doesn't matter - recruiting Arcann helps because I can use his inside knowledge, which won't be possible if I kill him).

One obvious way is to play "pragmatic Dark" rather than "goggly-eyed maniac Dark". Example of pDark Sith:

* Darth Marr

* Darth Malgus

* Lana Beniko

* Darth / Empress Acina

* Darth Vowrawn

All of these NPCs are pragmatic - they see the advantage of actions that appear "light", or even actions that *are* light, but can be used to promote either the goals of Dark (use the recruitment of Arcann as a means of tormenting Vaylin) or of the player's goals/faction (whether that's the Republic or the Empire or the Alliance, doesn't matter - recruiting Arcann helps because I can use his inside knowledge, which won't be possible if I kill him).

Wow I’ve played the game years and ran so many alts different ways and never thought of it this way thank you.

Recently returned after a long break and wanted to play through from scratch, for old times, and you’ve just solved how I’ll play my lastset char. Thank you 😊

Thinking about this some more, and you can also justify certain "follow the light" decisions for a full-whack goggly-eyed maniac Sith. Take Yerka Kolar, my Rattataki Lightning Sorc. For all that she habitually wears un-Sithy armour sets dyed White/White, she's as blackhearted as they come, and she suffers from occasional bouts of creepy-crawly paranoia, and so in KotET VII on Nathema,

she released Lord Dramath