lowbie pvp yeasterday. no pop -was it bug or something else?

jstankaroslo

Hi,

yesterday (Monday) on Progenitor. I was playing throughout all day in 2 hours intervals with my WZ button switched on.

I was feeling like some pvp would be a good idea.

Guess what: no pop

I know Mondays are worst days for it, but in the evening there were over 40 people (below max level) on Coruscant.

I think it is safe to assume there were more than 200 people rep side eligible for lowbie pvp on all other planets. That would make at least 200 people in game on imp side too. I can't believe there were not 8 people in wz queue (just for the arena?) throughout all day

My character was a bit bugged (couldn't send her armorings crafted by my alt -something about inbox full) so maybe this prevented me from getting to WZ?

If so: maybe it happened to many others...

But if not: is there something wrong with lowbie pvp that no one wants to do that?

I know the devs promised to talk to us (which they still rarely do) and it'd be nice to know if there were actually multiple lowbie WZs taking place (and I was bugged), or there is a big problem with lowbie pvp population -in that case I'd like to know if there are any ideas to make it more attractive?

Since the rewards for WZ below level 70 are so poor, very few queue these days.

In the old days, you could amass WZ comms, enabling you to buy some or all of your PVP gear at max-level straight out of the gates. - Now you have to get to Level 70, and start grinding galactic command to play catch-up with gear.

My only advice is to ask politely on fleet for people to queue, queue up with other people if possible and try and catch the days when conquest resets ( Tuesdays) and possibly when PVP isn't the bonus for CXP.

If it still isn't popping, you might consider moving to TRE. Their population is larger - but you'd have to weigh up what you leave behind ( friends, guild, SH etc.)

Levelling a new character is quick now, but moving an alt marginally gives you more benefits, since you can shift credits, gear, class buffs etc. with them.

GL.

Since the rewards for WZ below level 70 are so poor, very few queue these days.

In the old days, you could amass WZ comms, enabling you to buy some or all of your PVP gear at max-level straight out of the gates. - Now you have to get to Level 70, and start grinding galactic command to play catch-up with gear.

My only advice is to ask politely on fleet for people to queue, queue up with other people if possible and try and catch the days when conquest resets ( Tuesdays) and possibly when PVP isn't the bonus for CXP.

If it still isn't popping, you might consider moving to TRE. Their population is larger - but you'd have to weigh up what you leave behind ( friends, guild, SH etc.)

Levelling a new character is quick now, but moving an alt marginally gives you more benefits, since you can shift credits, gear, class buffs etc. with them.

GL.

u're probably right. It is said that too fast xp gain rate killed not only low/mid crafting but also pvp for me.

I'm back from a 6 months break, and I don't recall it being that bad in spring

I wonder what all those players do. rarely anyone chats, no pvp, no WB hunts -I'm no social beast in this game, but this silent leveling is kinda creepy

yeah, but these ones are for max level pvp, not lowbie. I bielieve the brackets are 10-69(xp rewards) and 70(cxp rewards)

He means players are not playing their lowbie characters, they are going in preference for their level 70 characters instead to take advantage of the fast cxp.

He means players are not playing their lowbie characters, they are going in preference for their level 70 characters instead to take advantage of the fast cxp.

ah, ok. sorry.

But still, 400 people (my estimate) eligible for lowbie pvp and not even 8 for arena?

So its like not even 2% of leveling players do pvp...

ah, ok. sorry.

But still, 400 people (my estimate) eligible for lowbie pvp and not even 8 for arena?

So its like not even 2% of leveling players do pvp...

That's entirely possible, if you mean players with no level 70s yet. I have several(1) characters eligible for lowbie PvP, but:

1. I'm not interested in lowbie PvP.

2. I'm greatly interested in doing dailies on my 70s to raise their CXP levels.

I'd imagine that a lot of people agree with me on the second point, even if they do like lowbie PvP.

That's entirely possible, if you mean players with no level 70s yet. I have several(1) characters eligible for lowbie PvP, but:

1. I'm not interested in lowbie PvP.

2. I'm greatly interested in doing dailies on my 70s to raise their CXP levels.

I'd imagine that a lot of people agree with me on the second point, even if they do like lowbie PvP.

Maybe I wasn't clear on this: 400 characters below level 70. I'm not talking all population, but only characters that could, if the players were interested participate in lowbie pvp.

So less then 2% of players that DO NOT grind cxp play pvp. Or dont play as there is no pop .

I would expect much more endgamers in pvp (max level pvp) given how much attention is put to class balance

I've heard it rarely pops on Harbinger and with the end of the bonus xp, people probably levelled their toons fast. Also, that coruscant number will include people in strongholds too.

Lowbies pvp hardly pops anywhere, even on Harb. Bioware need to allow people to obtain CXP in lower lvl stuff because it's killing the game below lvl 70.

No one want to play MMO content below lvl 70 and they all want fast XP event so they can rush to 70 to grind CXP.

If Bioware had a system to occumlate CXP in pvp and FPs as you lvl'd up, sort of how you could accumulate pvp Comms, then people would participate.

I think I'll start another thread to ask Bio to look at this. If you support the idea, please post there.

Lowbies pvp hardly pops anywhere, even on Harb. Bioware need to allow people to obtain CXP in lower lvl stuff because it's killing the game below lvl 70.

No one want to play MMO content below lvl 70 and they all want fast XP event so they can rush to 70 to grind CXP.

If Bioware had a system to occumlate CXP in pvp and FPs as you lvl'd up, sort of how you could accumulate pvp Comms, then people would participate.

I think I'll start another thread to ask Bio to look at this. If you support the idea, please post there.

One great idea and one imo wrong assumption.

I support your idea of cxp below 70 in your thread. Here I'd like to comment on

No one want to play MMO content below lvl 70 and they all want fast XP event so they can rush to 70 to grind CXP

Firstly, not "no one" as I want to do just that, and don't want to rush or even get to 70 -so that is at least one (not no one) :cool:

What I've seen last days was many people on Coruscant and Taris (haven't go further with my smuggler yet). 90% of them were kinda anti-social -they didn't group, didn't chat etc. It took huge effort on my side to ignite some light chit chat on gen chat.

I always imagined endgame pve or pvp players as social ones: in guilds, grouping up and so on. So all these silent gamers on Coruscant and Taris surely can't be all just endgamers rushing their alts.

I think many of them are single player gamers, rpg games players, who came to SWTOR from games like Skyrim or Dragon Age or Mass Effect. They are not used to mmo social aspect so they do not participate.

I personally think a huge part of our playerbase are the ones that want their rpg adventure, not necessarily mmo experience in this game. If so, then the vanilla adventures are the ones most important to them.

I don't know how many they are, but I'll bet its a significant part of playerbase.

I wish Keith and team would sometimes think of those players too.

Edited by jstankaroslo

When was the last time we had good PvP pops on The Progenitor? Long time ago.

I am waiting since February to get a GF pop for a SM Uprising. I am not kidding!

I wonder what all those players do. rarely anyone chats, no pvp, no WB hunts -I'm no social beast in this game, but this silent leveling is kinda creepy

I've asked this question various times here. I really would like to know what they are all doing, particularly the ones on the fleet which don't seem to be queued for anything, they are not at the GTNs, they are not in the cartel area, they are not in the VIP area and they don't react to LFGs and the likes. Where are they? And what are they doing? RP'ing in instances maybe.

Oh yeah, uprisings are completely deceased but that's because they're not worth doing.

I am actually tempted to transfer a toon over to the salt mines (TRE) to get my PvP on.

On the Imp side fleet there's always at least 50 or so people around at most times of the day but I never see all of them across the place. There's only one instance most of the time too. That said RPers can be a secretive bunch.

I did see something quite rare last night while doing my daily rounds, a whole guilds worth of RPers on Ziost.

Edited by orangenee