21/2/18 - Carolina Parakeet

chainsawsamurai

The Carolina Parakeet was the only parrot species native to the eastern United States. It was found from the Ohio Valley to the Gulf of Mexico, and lived in old forests along rivers. It was the only species at the time classified in the genus Conuropsis. It was called puzzi la née ("head of yellow") or pot pot chee by the Seminole and kelinky in Chikasha.

The last wild specimen was killed in Okeechobee County, Florida, in 1904, and the last captive bird died at the Cincinnati Zoo on February 21, 1918

Febuary 21, 1918

21FEB18

21/2/18

We've been looking for a name, and I think we've found it. Let's honor our fallen winged brothers.

The ST/Pyro build is now "Carolina Parakeet."

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbdMboZ0MZbIbbdh.1

Edit: Link to a version of the build added. Oil Slick is included, but whether you take it or not depends on how you feel about the current state of mitigation. You should be able to figure out the major points of the build, and aside from that a few of the points are pretty flexible.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see this catching on..

Oh it'll catch on.

In fact, it already has caught on.

Go through every post where ST/Pyro or 21/2/18 is mentioned. Trungalung and myself are going to be two of the largest contributors (and the "creator," who's name I can't remember). If me and Trung do it, it'll catch on.

Besides, this is the MMO community. We love zany names. Name, off the top of your head, the name of a popular WoW arena comp. I guarantee you wont be able to think of anything "serious" sounding, but something like "African Turtle Cleave" sticks in your brain forever.

Carolina Parakeet. It's infectious. It already has its inescapable fingers on your soul.

I really don't see this catching on..

I think it is comical, it's a good name for the build. I'm running the CP Build! It's pretty catchy.

Now, I question how or why such information was googled. But what people do on the internet is none of my business....

Can someone please link this build? It sounds interesting.

Edit: Also, IGC or CGC?

Something like that. Close enough anyway I just slapped it together.

Important points are: Flame Shield, Jet Charge, Shield Vents in Shieldtech; Superheated Rail and Prototype Particle Accelerator in Pyro. Everything else is filler/personal taste.

I think it is comical, it's a good name for the build. I'm running the CP Build! It's pretty catchy.

Now, I question how or why such information was googled. But what people do on the internet is none of my business....

I am in to some very interesting ****.

edit: Why on earth do they censor a slang term for the adult film industry? It is practically the 5th food group of the American lifestyle and has driven technology forward for over 30 years.

We should be celebrating not censoring!

Something like that. Close enough anyway I just slapped it together.

Important points are: Flame Shield, Jet Charge, Shield Vents in Shieldtech; Superheated Rail and Prototype Particle Accelerator in Pyro. Everything else is filler/personal taste.

Any idea what's best between;

1) Using IGC for survivability and higher Flame Shield proc chance

2) Using CGC for 100% DoT uptime

Or should I just try switching between them due to situation? What's the core idea?

Any idea what's best between;

1) Using IGC for survivability and higher Flame Shield proc chance

2) Using CGC for 100% DoT uptime

Or should I just try switching between them due to situation? What's the core idea?

Ion for more utility and survivability. Sorry I wasn't clear before. You can't switch on the fly because of the cast time involved.

Easy medals with guard.

I love it. Thanks to you guys and mainly Trungalung, I re-specced from Arsenal Merc to the Carolina Parakeet before it was renamed. We are shields of doom who fire massive amounts of damage from a single rail shot. We are, the Carolina Parakeets! HOORAH!

Awesomeness has a tendency to leave people speechless.

I won't say it's a bad name for my build, just never envisioned it being named after an extinct bird. What does shock me is how the hell you found out this information...

I won't say it's a bad name for my build, just never envisioned it being named after an extinct bird. What does shock me is how the hell you found out this information...

honestly? I just saw it could potentially be a date.

I was hoping it could be linked to a dead president or maybe something relating to WWI or something. Maybe the death of some obscure pope or bizarre religious or revolutionary movement.

Nope. Not a significant date historically at all aside from the extinction of North Amercia's only known Parrot species. That's pretty neat I guess.

Also it sounds utterly stupid, but in a charming way. It sticks in your head.

Other than this I was fond of calling it "The Sheen" because it "bangs out so many rails."

Carolina Parakeet is better imo.

Other than this I was fond of calling it "The Sheen" because it "bangs out so many rails."

Carolina Parakeet is better imo.

I dont know, "The Sheen" is pretty brilliant as well. Regardless, love what youve done and it may even make me try out the build one day.

I think "The Dodo" spec may be more apt. Fundamentally a flightless bird, it was however able to achieve brief periods of low-level flight (DfA?).

And much like your parakeet, very extinct... but considerably higher profile.

lol.