Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can't speak for everyone but this game is sometimes more frustrating to play than it is entertaining. From my companions wanting to talk on the ship (which sometimes makes for a long trip) only to be greeted with the silent treatment to my companion dying everytime I go through my hangar door at the fleet and the list goes on and on and on. I say 1 month of actually paying for this crap service with its 1-2 week Customer Service response which is ALWAYS a generic "We have forwarded your issue to the appropriate personnel" type response. After that I'm officially done with this game. I'm already begining to feel like I just wasted 60.00 on the game already.

Seriously?

rant::

Ok i get it everyone has been feelinging the same way.. but iv been here since the earlier pages of this thread (only only posting a bit after that)

Iv been waiting since before christmas for this.. Hell i havent touched my level 50 JK (who has been there for two weeks now) just in case anything changes for the final confrontation because of relationships with characters.

But god **** quit screwing with us. We were taunted by the notes saying you had the fix in the PTR weeks ago. You had the fix an already long time after launch for new players.

And now its delayed -again- after you actually give us a date. Hell ill settle for the unstable nature and other potential problems of a hotfix just for kira.

Im just ****ed tired of having my hopes crushed under the boot of "trololo not yet guys"

<Insert various other flavors of rage here>

I probably wont stop playing for this.. and ill be happier when its fixed. But really?! really now? fix the damn **** that you knew about in beta -before- the games been launched for a month (im counting the preorder extra time).

TLDR: I am disappoint.

But unlike the spoiler suggests.. i do understand why bioware is doing (or not doing) things that piss me off. I just needed to vent at the internet :p

Ill wait for you Kira.. Ill look up to your empty bedroom window and wait in the rain.. waiting.. waiting forever.

This is the big problem Bioware doesn't understand. You don't add new content before fixing huge game breaking bugs. Putting all of the bug fixes with new content just adds more problems to fix as new content rarely releases smooth. Sure there is a chance fixing a bug can cause another bug, but adding new content on top of that just compounds the issue. I believe the big question is who is controlling what goes in patches, Bioware or EA. I'd understand the total lack of concern for the player community if it was EA but Bioware had a reputation (before DA:2 lol). Do what is right Bioware and fix the broken content before you add new content.

I've got a question... If I didn't flirt with Kira at all during the whole mission with the asteroid mine event, and didn't flirt with her right after that point, can I pick up the romance still? I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I could romance her without getting dark side points. I only did the conversations with her right after the Nar Shaddaa class quests. I'm currently on Alderaan. I haven't gotten any more conversations with her yet, but I wanted to know if I could flirt and start something still. I think I have done up to the one called "Ground Rules". Possibly the one right after that, but not sure. I know I didn't go further than that. Her affection is at 3914 right now. Edited by Taither

Well, that pretty much nailed this choice down for me. My 30 days runs out on Thursday, and I had considered renewing for a second consecutive month (if the fix caused the story to open up), which is something that I've NEVER done with an MMO before. With my primary knight being a JK, and getting bit by the bug on day two of this game's release, my Knight feels like an errand boy...not something I'm willing to spend money on.

I don't really understand why they can't hotfix the Kira Carson bug. FFS

Clearly they can, BioWare has the ability to hotfix individual issues. The fact that they don't, or won't, is a clear indication of the importance (or lack thereof) this issue has.

My knight is broken. I finished Act I, and have not progressed the class story beyond that because of this bug. Clearly I'm not alone in that... mine is not the only Knight benched because of this issue.

This issue is obviously a lot more important to me than it is to BioWare.

Dear Bioware,

I really want to hate you for this. I do. You have made an amazing game which is incredibly fun. But my Knight has been unable to do his class mission since before Christmas. And this is the third time you've pretty much held the patch in front of us and then laughed as you pulled it away in front of our eyes. I am not the only one frustrated beyond belief Bioware, so before people unsubscribe you need to do something. Fast.

Edited by Lord_Vadius

Dear Bioware,

I really want to hate you for this. I do. You have made an amazing game which is incredibly fun. But my Knight has been unable to do his class mission since before Christmas. And this is the third time you've pretty much held the patch in front of us and then laughed as you pulled it away in front of our eyes. I am not the only one frustrated beyond belief Bioware, so before people unsubscribe you need to do something. Fast.

I feel a bit like Charlie Brown, having just gone to kick and had the football jerked away. It's not going to get me to unsubscribe, but it does feel like a bit of a knife twist.

I'll wait the extra "few days," as long as that actually means a few days. But if there's any way you can get the Kira fix out earlier than the rest of the patch, you don't know how much I (and so many of these other fine people) would appreciate it.

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

I feel a bit like Charlie Brown, having just gone to kick and had the football jerked away. It's not going to get me to unsubscribe, but it does feel like a bit of a knife twist.

I'll wait the extra "few days," as long as that actually means a few days. But if there's any way you can get the Kira fix out earlier than the rest of the patch, you don't know how much I (and so many of these other fine people) would appreciate it.

A knife twist indeed. But look I'll tell you what Bioware. Get the patch out before the 20th and prove that your not just delaying it for subscriber money. Then I'll have my faith restored. But until you do that or something else to prove yourself, everyone should look on your dev posts with doubt.

Edited by Lord_Vadius

I couldn't agree more and you win the Internet with the Charlie Brown reference.

Kira never bugged out for me. I did the side missions on Nar Shada and Voss for her are there anymore?

Good question....I got the Voss mission last sunday after completing act III, to avoid spoilers, from the dialogues in that quest, I guess you must finish act III before that quest becomes available.

Anyone knows if there are any other quest after that one? Kira has 10k affection but nothing so far...

Good question....I got the Voss mission last sunday after completing act III, to avoid spoilers, from the dialogues in that quest, I guess you must finish act III before that quest becomes available.

Anyone knows if there are any other quest after that one? Kira has 10k affection but nothing so far...

Which is the quest where you

FFS Spoiler tags are annoying hold on edit to follow

EDIT What quest is the quest where you

Get married

Edited by Spyderwraith

Which is the quest where you

FFS Spoiler tags are annoying hold on edit to follow

EDIT What quest is the quest where you

Get married

I finished the Voss quest

Told Kira in the cave that it was her call and she let the other girl go with the ex-emperor childs

After finishing that quest....nothing so far, no new quest from Kira.

That being said, I always took the ligth sides options in previous scenes (so....no flirt) perhaps that's the end if you didn't flirt with her?

Edited by Erudain

I finished the Voss quest

Told Kira in the cave that it was her call and she let the other girl go with the ex-emperor childs

After finishing that quest....nothing so far, no new quest from Kira.

That being said, I always took the ligth sides options in previous scenes (so....no flirt) perhaps that's the end if you didn't flirt with her?

Well if youtube video's are to be believed if you haven't already

Got married or had her elude to it

it should happen but i do not know when.

A knife twist indeed. But look I'll tell you what Bioware. Get the patch out before the 20th and prove that your not just delaying it for subscriber money. Then I'll have my faith restored. But until you do that or something else to prove yourself, everyone should look on your dev posts with doubt.

and alas, they are, it's coming out tomorrow

you people and your conspiracy theories -_-

Has that been confirmed? Link it here so that I may link it to the forum of QQ conspirists saying it's all delayed cuz they want subs

don't know about the message boards announcing it (maybe test public test server?) but if you log into the game it's the main announcement