Who will be *The Boss in 5.10

MikeCobalt

This subject has came up a number of times since finishing Nathema. Some want to keep the Alliance as it is and stay totally Autonomous making their own decisions while others want to totally leave that behind and rejoining their chosen faction but *Nobody wants to go back as "Go-Fer" (Go for this, Go for that) (Quest givers are ok). Watching the twitter site and their little insights on what's to come the Quotes from the two faction leaders are very telling and lend a bit of insight on the atmosphere of what's to come.

"I don't plan to wait around for the Sith to attack again." – Jedi Knight Tau Idair < Very typical for a "Do Right" Proactive Jedi.

"This is my operation. I will see it done my way.” – Darth Malora < This one though.. Taken with a Grain of Salt because she is a Sith and they're just like that this also sounds like She's THE Boss (and so would be Tau on the other side).

Now are these two NPC's *The Boss over their faction and we're *Aligned with.. them OR, are they Boss over their factions And us (Including our Alliance)? Malora's statement/ threat sounded like an *Order* to me; if that's the case I can pick up my toys and go home, watch TV and see you all get pounded into the stone age while in my own Cantina.

Working *With you, fine, Taking orders (like a Pleb), not fine .

Edited by MikeCobalt

My types

Imp Side -> Gnost Dural

Rep Side -> Malora

6.0 -> Malgus

Iam so happy that we back to rep vs. imp conflict especially Jedi vs. Sith.

Better not be from datamined sources and a deliberate and gratuitous spoiler.

Edited by Celise

I like the move back to SWTORs default TOR era status of Republic vs Empire but not as some no name Gofer. Like SWTORs opening format gathering missions and I decide which are first, next etc. building up to the final battle that's good, but if Tau or Malora start Pointing and say "Fetch, Kill, Change" and report back ASAP (so I can tell you "Gofer the next one") then that's not fine. The *Alliance* allies with, works with yes, but a new group of "Cannon Fodder", "Errand.. Person", "Whipping Post", not a chance.

Better not be from datamined sources and a deliberate and gratuitous spoiler.

That's not spoiler, that's ONLY MY THOUGHTS :rak_03:

I like the move back to SWTORs default TOR era status of Republic vs Empire but not as some no name Gofer. Like SWTORs opening format gathering missions and I decide which are first, next etc. building up to the final battle that's good, but if Tau or Malora start Pointing and say "Fetch, Kill, Change" and report back ASAP (so I can tell you "Gofer the next one") then that's not fine. The *Alliance* allies with, works with yes, but a new group of "Cannon Fodder", "Errand.. Person", "Whipping Post", not a chance.

Old good Times...

Edited by tummiswtor

I'd rather go Luke Skywalker-ing than be a subordinate again. Well.. I'm not rich enough to afford my own private island with creatures with green milk, but I'll find some cozy cave on Balmorra :D

Edited by bluehufsa

If you are Imperial, you will fight Mega-Mecha Andryah. :rak_04:

If you are Republic, you will fight Mega-Mecha Totemdancer. :rak_04:

Dasty

CURSES! From day-1 this game has tempted me to play Imp side more often...they're finally offering a carrot I can't resist ;)

Given that the Alliance is in shambles [assuming it's still around] and they are virtually defenseless and experiencing Zakuulian uprisings against the player Emperor, they would be for all intents and purposes, Go-For's. They can't help in the fighting so what else would they use them for?

Quite honestly, the prospect of going back home to the original faction would make the player shown great respect after having just defeated the The Eternal Empire and freeing the faction from the chains of their former masters. The character is in every way a hero to the people of the original faction and shown more respect than what they'd get as the leader of the new faction. They may let you keep the title, but for all intents and purposes the Alliance is really not much more than a satellite state to serve as a buffer for invasion forces attacking the other faction. You'd essentially you'd be a puppet prince. - -

a person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else

Synonyms:

creature, tool

Type of:

slave

a person who is owned by someone

I'm confident [hopeful] I'll be offered to become the Emperor's Wrath [or Empress] once again. That's my first choice anyway. I'm not a politician, I'm not a leader of Empires, I'm a soldier of the Empire and that's what I want to be.

I cannot imagine not being hailed as one of the greatest heros in the history of that faction upon returning.

If you wanna call being the Wrath and taking up said duties as being an 'Go-for', I'm fine with that. But even still, you may be ordered to do things sometimes but those things are story related so if it's not the player themselves who are undertaking those mission what the hell would the player have to do than?

Emperors and political leaders do not fight. They may kill, if push came to shove but you wouldn't be able to do the 'ground work'. They also don't personally fight in Wars and they don't go on commando missions.

That's like watching the news taking place in some terrorist-supporting country and seeing that Donald Trump was in soldiers uniform totting a 16 on the way to the frontline.

You are almost always playing the role of the 'go-fer' in MMOs. That's how they can direct the storyline where it needs to go and you can't do that from a big chair you sit in all day.

We're all going to be Go-Fors, Emperors and non-traitors alike.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

@ WayOfTheWarriorx

There will be "Quest Givers" that's fine it's how most of these games work and we'll be the ones getting all the important parts done just how it is. Those two are the Appointed faction leaders.

The way Tau said her quote .........."I don't plan to wait around for the Sith to attack again." That's ok go ahead and I'll be over here doing my stuff; That's an Alliance, Working with.

How Malora said it..."This is my operation. I will see it done my way.” That sounds like what others here have said they Didn't want "Lose everything recent and go back as nobody" I like going back to Rep vs Imp but not starting back as Nobody. Nobody wants that.

@ WayOfTheWarriorx

There will be "Quest Givers" that's fine it's how most of these games work and we'll be the ones getting all the important parts done just how it is. Those two are the Appointed faction leaders.

The way Tau said her quote .........."I don't plan to wait around for the Sith to attack again." That's ok go ahead and I'll be over here doing my stuff; That's an Alliance, Working with.

How Malora said it..."This is my operation. I will see it done my way.” That sounds like what others here have said they Didn't want "Lose everything recent and go back as nobody" I like going back to Rep vs Imp but not starting back as Nobody. Nobody wants that.

Well, I too am extremely looking forward to the Republic vs. Empire.

I'm not sure why you feel you have to start over if you went back to your home faction.

I honestly want that. But not as a nobody. If they treatred the character that way, yeah I can totally see your point.. I just don't know why you are assuming that will be the dynamic. What I originnally posted speaks to a return to the Empire as it's Wrath again. That wouldn't be a nobody, it would be the most feared figure in the galaxy who beyond the Emeror himself, was answerable to no one and could pretty much do whatever they wanted provided the action taken due to the storyline was fulfilled

Would you consider returning and being Wrath again as a bad thing? Like no respect for what you have done in freeing the Empire?

I think that's where we are discussing the topic with different views.

If you were treated as a nobody, sure, that would be BS. The character has earned nothing short of hero worship and is deserving of being part of the highest echelons. It would really just be the Emperor who could tell to go "go-for".

Where you see it as being a nobody, I just don't share that view. I don't think ti will play out like that. It would make no sense any other way and piss off everyone. That's not even about faction, its about continuity.

Who knows, it could happen the way you think, I could certainly be wrong in my POV, but until I see it I'm not going to assume we're all gonna be nobodies again.