Mental and Physical effects

rickochey

Currently working on a Cleansing guide, but i have come across a bump in the road in regards to mental and physical effects. At the moment i have identified leg shot and cauterize as physical effects but not to sure about any more mental effects on that note. Anyone know if these are aimed more towards PVE? or whether i have missed a few abilities...

- Cheers

Mezs are mental effects. Out of combat mezs by operatives and assassins, concussive shot from mercenaries, and awe by knights are all mez effects (of course their counter class abilities count as the same).

To test any of these effects, use them on an NPC and mouse over the icon that shows up. It will tell you what type of effect it is.

[edit] Flash Bang from Snipers is a tech effect, however.

[edit2] The immobilize from Sever Force is a Force Effect, as is the dot itself.

Edited by Enexemander

Thanks for the help guys but i have tried all the suggested CCs and none class as mental or physical as me and my friend (scoundral) cant cleanse any of the same 2 CCs. I am starting to think they are more PVE focused.

Please see my earlier post. I have tested several effects and noted which ones ARE mental effects. There are quite a few.

Mezs are mental effects. Out of combat mezs by operatives and assassins, concussive shot from mercenaries, and awe by knights are all mez effects (of course their counter class abilities count as the same).

sorry i had to double check these since some of the suggestions were incorrect but you are 100% correct, ty :)

I hate the the cleansing system tbh. De-buffs should be colour coded into 3 categories. Pure tech, Pure force, Mixed. The debuff icons should be way more visible as well. Tech could be green, Force could be purple and Mixed could be Orange. Edited by JackNader

Odd.. I've wiped mind crush on my sorcerer in PVP before o.O

I've been able to cleanse mind crush, weaken mind, and sever force on my sorc. I also can cleanse the knight/warrior burn or bleed effects as well as gunslinger's leg shot. Leg shot and sniper's knockback root are physical effects I'm pretty sure. Things that can't be cleansed by sorc/sage are tech effects like those used by agents or bounty hunters.

Edited by Solarenergy

Cleansing guide TL;DR version.

Sage/Sorc: Can cleanse DOTS by other force users and all Mezzes by force users.

Scoundrel/Operative: Can cleanse all DOTS by tech users and all Mezzes by tech users.

Commando/Mercenary: Who cares.

Edited by UGLYMRJ