Maintenance: October 20, 2020

CommunityTeam

Are the new CQ changes taking place after this, or will they kick in when the CQ resets (assuming the servers are back up before the reset, or after) I'm interested in seeing how the new CQ looks live :)

And this ...

The patch notes I just read on the launcher could do with some proofreading, especially the point that apparently 750 is less than 600.

Example: “Crafting: Aid the War Effort” is now worth 750 points (down from 600)

EDIT: the website ones are the same.

Plus a few more bugs added to the mix ..

**UGH**

Look folks ... the old man is not being overly critical or disrespectful ...

*** More attention should be given to genuine "feed back on PTS comments" ... maybe even some feed back from the team on player comments and "feed back"?

That could give some of us a clue as to what you as a team are looking for ... (maybe)

*** Essentially I've came to the conclusion that I will just simply wait until this goes live and see what shakes out. (less frustration that way).

I still have every confidence the the abilities of the team ... and those who do all of the daily tasks that result in the game we enjoy.

Yet the simple fact remains that there are some areas in which listening to each other could be VERY beneficial.

(without bruising anyone's ego).;)

Uuugh, does this whole maintenance thing really have to be done at exactly this time?

I mean, lots of people in Europe get home from work around this time, can the maintenance for EU servers not happen in, lets say, 8 hours from now, or end 5 hours ago. I mean, it's complicated with time zones and all, but having the servers down from 9-12 or 0-3 or literally any time that isn't around 16-18 in Europe would be a great idea. Like it's now, lots of people can't play after work, which is, as I see it, quite bothersome to people who play video games to counterbalance painful jobs...

This patch is provoking an application error every 2 seconds on my computer, before patch everything was PERFECT, now it is a nightmare...my event viewer is spammed with application error, faulting process is swtor.

The only thing that changed is the update, don't try to explain the problem is from my computer...

Edited by Coercitas

This patch is provoking an application error every 2 seconds on my computer, before patch everything was PERFECT, now it is a nightmare...my event viewer is spammed with application error, faulting process is swtor.

The only thing that changed is the update, don't try to explain the problem is from my computer...

Have you restarted your PC

It's always like this. I don't even bother hoping for any different outcome anymore. Whatever they announce, will stay, regardless of anyone's opinion. Period. Welcome to SWTOR!

They never never never listen to good ideas or the constructive criticism of their ideas, even when backed with reasons and examples. What's another good game to play?

......I have been starting other games - FF14 and despite the bad reviews and bugs, Marvel's Avengers is still better than SWTOR. I mean at least it's new, for one thing. And they've addressed their biggest issues with crashing and bugs in less than a month. Oh and by the way, BW, they also have made significant changes based on player feedback in a timely manner, not after years of players moaning about the same issues.

I've just gone and looked at Marvel's Avengers web site. The communication from the Studio is awesome. They even give real rewards for those that stuck it out while the rough areas were fixed. At least not a reskinned astromech droid again.

I'm going have to seriously give it a try. Any other games you know? :)

I've just gone and looked at Marvel's Avengers web site. The communication from the Studio is awesome. They even give real rewards for those that stuck it out while the rough areas were fixed. At least not a reskinned astromech droid again.

I'm going have to seriously give it a try. Any other games you know? :)

Personally, after nearly a decade here, I can handle avengers flaws. I will say the reptitiveness is real after a while. Lots of map recycling is true. But they already fixed the major issue I was having (massive lag spikes on low settings and even crashing with a 8700k/2080) and regularly add changes based on player feedback (for example, running in hub areas and adding mission terminals).

Like swtor, the cash marketplace is purely cosmetic, but unlike swtor these items cannot be sold between players. I also have managed to purchase 2 outfits off the cash market just by doing my main (cap) characters challenge card and starting a few others (im over halfway with hulk, a bit under with ms marvel, just started the rest really).

I will give swtor an advantage in terms of launch story(ies in the case of swtor). But MAs campaign is still quite good, its just shorter by comparison.

The other game I moved to while awaiting MA was FF14, but I had friends to help me get started which aided in dampening the blow of a new mmo. It was very refreshing to play an mmo that doesn't seem to be kept on life support just to milk the IP.