Are Iokath dailies RNG-based?

FiatJustitia

I've been doing the dailies on both a pub and imp toon every day since 5.2 went live and there are, according to the achievements, at least 7 missions I haven't even seen on the mission board. Is there a method to getting them all or is it truly just RNG?

I've also seen additional dailies appear later in the same day (not sure what the trigger is) but they've always been repeat missions of ones I've done before. Truly puzzled. Anybody have any insights?

There are 2 things you need to know about dailies of Iokath:

1) They have 2 different reset times:

1 reset comes at midnight. It's UTC 0:00 for Red Eclipse. but I have no idea when it's on American servers because I don't play there. This is the time, when the quests on the board actually change. Seems to be RNG based.

2 reset at 12.00 as per usual. No new quests appear, just those that came at 0:00 are available again, so you can do them again if you want.

2) The quests of Rep and imp board have independent resets at 0:00 For example, on Red Eclipse yesterday Pubs got the quest to kill Walker with a Mouse droid. Imps, however did not get that quest. So if you want the achievement for all dailies to be done faster, you need 1 char on each faction.

Edited by Gelious

There are 2 things you need to know about dailies of Iokath:

1) They have 2 different reset times:

1 reset comes at midnight. It's UTC 0:00 for Red Eclipse. but I have no idea when it's on American servers because I don't play there. This is the time, when the quests on the board actually change. Seems to be RNG based.

2 reset at 12.00 as per usual. No new quests appear, just those that came at 0:00 are available again, so you can do them again if you want.

2) The quests of Rep and imp board have independent resets at 0:00 For example, on Red Eclipse yesterday Pubs got the quest to kill Walker with a Mouse droid. Imps, however did not get that quest. So if you want the achievement for all dailies to be done faster, you need 1 char on each faction.

Interesting that the usual reset time just refreshes the quests rather than changes them. I'll keep an eye out for the other reset time but I am still missing way too many having done them every day on both factions. Has anyone completed them all yet?

Edited by FiatJustitia

I did my ten for the week, for a fantastic 55CXP reward. (sic) ( unbuffed ) - Can't imagine I'd ever do that again in a hurry. - Now when CZerka, Ziost and the rest can be done in 1/4 the time for >600 CXP.

They really didnt finish these properly, even when they had a week extra time for it.

I have been monitoring quests on both factions almost since the start, and done all quests I saw at least once. I have yet to see the following quests:

- Systems offline

- Mend a Broken Shard

- Time to vent

- Defend the Docking Ring.

However I wasn't playing my Rep char on the day Iokath came out, so I missed the 1 reset at 0:00 (I didn't even know then there was a reset at 0:00) Maybe those 4 quests were available then.

I've been tracking the dailies for each faction since Monday. I'll come back with the results next Monday. If someone else could do that as well to see if there's an RNG factor or if we all do, in fact, get the same missions on the same days, that would help. At the moment, I am still missing 8 overall.

I have been monitoring quests on both factions almost since the start, and done all quests I saw at least once. I have yet to see the following quests:

- Systems offline

- Mend a Broken Shard

- Time to vent

However I wasn't playing my Rep char on the day Iokath came out, so I missed the 1 reset at 0:00 (I didn't even know then there was a reset at 0:00) Maybe those 4 quests were available then.

Im slowly getting there with "Taking care of caretakers" still not among dailies for me. Also couldnt finish Colosuss yet cause of the silly faction setup.

After tracking for over a week, I can confirm that the dailies appear to be RNG-based. They do not repeat based on the day of the week. And I can also confirm that the following four missions are missing: Defend the Docking Ring, Time to Vent, Mend a Broken Shard, and Systems Offline.

Either they were left out of the rotation due to an oversight or they won't appear until a future story update on Iokath.

Still even if rng based they seem to be "server wide" as im doing it all 4 toons, with all possible combination (imp-imp, imp-rep, rep-rep, rep-imp) factions in order to have it all. I have been skipping missions like walker and colossal threat, but others i have been doing to get new ones each day.

However i noticed getting same missions on all toons so......

Iokath dailies? Why??? lol

I was thinking the same. The carrot on this "Iokath" stick is so small, you need a huge microscope to see it. And even after doing weekly once your reputation token last for weeks and weeks because of the stupid limitations.

So to sum it up:

1. The quests are all booring af

2. The whole storyline was a mess

3. For some of the quests you have to collect huge amounts of these stupid shards to finish them

4. The reputation vendor has only junk to offer

5. The whole area is a mess

I would rather ask Bioware to do a full re-start on Iokath.

My main is the *********** emperor. And some idiots found "The greatest weapon of all". Again. Really? And everybody immediately breaks up any alliances and wants to kill the whole galaxy? The whole Iokath stuff doesn't make any sense.

And the whole "planet" is a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- Systems offline

- Mend a Broken Shard

- Time to vent

and the "Taking care of caretakers" .... i miss those 5 so far and thought that was imp only so when i cap the rep side, i change to imp side and still so far none of those appear.

Question i'll try that with reseting hours, but all those 5 are in both sides or some of those are in diff side?