Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

CarnagexMGDx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what did you have to do to get it?

The physical card was $19.96 at Walmart. I found it in the software section near the other game cards. Note, this is not the same as the console game software area although it should be very close.

Was it a physical card?

Yes

Which pet is attached to it?

Gilded Flutterplume

I went to Best Buy and Gamestop to get the next two pets.

Employees at both stores had no idea what I was talking about. Both places they looked up "Star Wars Cartel" and it showed up. They sold the code and it was printed on the reciept. Best Buy also E-Mailed it to me, in case I lost the reciept.

If I am reading the reciepts correctly:

Best Buy SKU# 8919082 (Arctic Manka Lynx)

Gamestop SKU# 608001 (Lobelode)

I greatly prefer Wal-Mart ( Gilded Flutterplume), who has a physical card. ( Of course we need all these pets, so that point is moot.)

I am still scheming to get the EU pet.( Forest Nekarr Cat)

I went to Target and Toys R Us and had them check computers but came up a blank. I still haven't figured out who has the card with the crested Orokeet......

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I still haven't figured out who has the card with the crested Orokeet......
You know, you'd think EA's marketing people would want to shout this kind of information from the mountaintops so that we could give them (and their retail partners) some money.

You know, you'd think EA's marketing people would want to shout this kind of information from the mountaintops so that we could give them (and their retail partners) some money.

This. I checked 3 local Wal-marts and nothing. No cards, no SKU in the system, nothing remotely Star Wars-like in the physical card department.

At which Wal-Marts in the US are people finding these cards and what will it take to get somebody from Bioware to give people who are actively looking to buy these some insight into where they can be found?

On the other hand, I bought a card from some retailer in Germany (through eBay) and got a Forest Nekarr Cat with no problem.

PayPal did the currency conversion painlessly and it ultimately cost me $0.20 less than the card from Best Buy.

They promised delivery within 24 hours but it took about 36, but it's still less trouble than finding one of these things at Wal Mart.

Edited by Rankyn

I went to Best Buy and Gamestop to get the next two pets.

Employees at both stores had no idea what I was talking about. Both places they looked up "Star Wars Cartel" and it showed up. They sold the code and it was printed on the reciept. Best Buy also E-Mailed it to me, in case I lost the reciept.

If I am reading the reciepts correctly:

Best Buy SKU# 8919082 (Arctic Manka Lynx)

Gamestop SKU# 608001 (Lobelode)

Thanks for the SKUs. I may try for the Lobelode too even though it's not my favorite.

FWIW, some Best Buys have self self touch screen kiosks that you can just search for the cartel pack yourself and then have it print out a slip with a barcode that you just take to the register and pay. Easier than arguing with clueless employees.

At my local BB the kiosk was in the console games section. It's the same one you use to do console game pre-orders and such.

At which Wal-Marts in the US are people finding these cards and what will it take to get somebody from Bioware to give people who are actively looking to buy these some insight into where they can be found?

I found it at Lynwood, WA (north of Seattle). They have a bunch of them in the PC gaming section where they have WoW etc.

I'm at work now so I don't have the SKU but I can see if I can find it when I get home if I still have the receipt.

On the other hand, I bought a card from some retailer in Germany (through eBay) and got a Forest Nekarr Cat with no problem.

PayPal did the currency conversion painlessly and it ultimately cost me $0.20 less than the card from Best Buy.

They promised delivery within 24 hours but it took about 36, but it's still less trouble than finding one of these things at Wal Mart.

Which German retailer was this? I have had one on order with Amazon Germany but it's been pending for weeks and I am tired of waiting.

Is the Toys R Us card official or was that just speculation? I haven't seen anyone claim to have actually gotten one there yet.

Also FYI for Non-Americans (or Canadians) trying to get the Flutterplume someone on the comments at Dulfy.net claimed they tried to trade with someone in Europe and they got errors. Apparently there is fine print on the back of the card that says "Valid only in the US and Canada"

Source: http://dulfy.net/2013/06/03/swtor-walmart-now-sells-cartel-coin-cards-bundled-with-glided-flutterplume/ (scroll down for the comments)

Derek Brown • 8 hours ago −

These could be bad news for EU players.

Card states on the back, "Valid only in the US and Canada." I tried to trade two with players in the EU and they got errors and could not get them to work :(

Edited by SweetsPatogga

You could have asked a German community member to buy a Cartel Coin card for you - the only problem would be the transfer of the money. Plus, you would have to make sure that no-one betrays you - but as a German I'd have this problem myself with Americans, too.

Also FYI for Non-Americans (or Canadians) trying to get the Flutterplume someone on the comments at Dulfy.net claimed they tried to trade with someone in Europe and they got errors. Apparently there is fine print on the back of the card that says "Valid only in the US and Canada"

Ah, but the Forest Nekarr Cat does work, although it's only sold in Europe ? Interesting. My inner cynic comments on that with "american exclusive again". (This "american exclusive" is a thing I know from Star Wars collecting : LOTS of european collectors are angry about things they just can't get - because they are solely sold in the american market ... The SDCC is especially infamous with european Star Wars collectors for that ...)

Edit : I just checked my Cartel Coin Card (CCC) from which I got my Nekarr Forest Cat : It says : Valid only in Europe ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• Dev Post

As a general rule, we're waiting until we can verify the inventory has made its way through various retailers and gotten onto shelves. We don't want to send y'all to Walmart only for you to discover they aren't there yet.

That being said, Walmart reportedly went live this week, and I understand that we should be appearing in Target 'very soon'.

As a general rule, we're waiting until we can verify the inventory has made its way through various retailers and gotten onto shelves. We don't want to send y'all to Walmart only for you to discover they aren't there yet.
As a general rule, we don't like to go into Walmart unnecessarily. :p Edited by Rankyn

That being said, Walmart reportedly went live this week...

I can confirm the flutterplume. The card was only available in the mega Wal-Mart though. The smaller stores (relatively speaking) only had time cards.

As I'm in the UK, I'm only dimly aware of this 'Wal-mart', 'Target' and 'Best-buy' you speak of.

Which of our British purveyors of fine goods shall these spectacular digital items be avialable from? Ms Smythington's luxurious teacake house? Mr Singh's comodious licensed emporium of grocery, haberdashery and general victuals?

I wait your reply with interest, good sir.

Until this missive is received I shall be in the local Public House, enjoying a stout beverage and possibly, polishing my monocle.

Good day.