I lose health fast in combat?

Swedguy

My Level 45 Sith Marauder loses health pretty fast in combat. I don't know if it's because of my equipments, weapons, or if I'm just bad at the game. To me my weapons stats are looking pretty nice, so it might be the equipments stats? I would greatly appreciate some tips on how to solve this problem.

EDIT

I have now changed my gear, which has the required amout of Strength. I have reached Level 50 and do not lose health incredibly fast any longer.

Edited by Swedguy

Marauder's are designed to be glass cannons in the first place pack punch but can't take much of a beating. That is why you need to use either a tank companion or healer. Also why they have some of the best defensive cool downs in the game. The trick with this class is make sure you are interrupting enemies so they can't hit you with their biggest abilities.

Marauder's are designed to be glass cannons in the first place pack punch but can't take much of a beating. That is why you need to use either a tank companion or healer. Also why they have some of the best defensive cool downs in the game. The trick with this class is make sure you are interrupting enemies so they can't hit you with their biggest abilities.

Excellent advice. Also helps to burn weaker mobs first. They do a surprising amount of damage if left alone.

without posting what you are wearing, your stats, your spec, etc. we wont be able to provide any advice

Headgear: 47 strength 40 endurance 21 power 15 surge rating

Chest: Marauder Elite vest

Gloves: 74 strength 65 endurance 24 shield rating 32 critical rating

Waist: 37 strenght 24 endurance 3 critical rating

Leggings: Marauder Elite Leggings

Boots: 45 strength 39 endurance 17 critical rating 17 alacrity rating

Supreme Marauder's Lightsaber: 56 strength 61 endurance 24 accuracy rating 42 critical rating 373 force power

Ancient Lightsaber: 53 strength 52 endurance 16 shield rating 17 power 20 critical rating 329 force power 12 absorption rating

Bracers: 45 strength 29 endurance 4 power

Implant: 37 strength 34 endurance 7 accuracy rating 18 power

Earpiece: 34 strength 29 endurance 12 power 12 alacrity Rating

Should I replace anything? If so, do you know any reccommended gear?

Edited by Swedguy

Why are you stacking Alacrity?

That's for casters and healers

Get your crit up to at least to 30%, accuracy 100%, then go surge/power

Casters and Healers. I didn't know that. Thanks. Do you know any gear with such amount of critical rating and accuracy? :)

Edited by Swedguy

Supreme Marauder's Lightsaber: 56 strength 61 endurance 24 accuracy rating 42 critical rating 373 force power

Ancient Lightsaber: 53 strength 52 endurance 16 shield rating 17 power 20 critical rating 329 force power 12 absorption rating

Alacrity isn't really a useful stat, but those two are probably even less useful since you have no shield.

I mean, if you're still leveling, and it's an upgrade on the other stats from what you had, then sure, but once you get into endgame gear, it will get you chewed out and even kicked from some flashpoint groups.

And I have no clue about the chest and legs. What level, stats, green/blue/orange?

Edited by JacksonMo

Others have posted their concerns with your secondary stats, but I'd be far more concerned with your primary stat. I'm playing a level 47 toon right now, so my toon is 2 levels higher than yours, but my primary stats are MUCH higher than yours. For example, you have several pieces of gear with Strength in the 30s. That's way too low. Ideally, all your gear should have Strength in the 60s or so. Really, you only have one good piece of gear - your gloves, at 75 Strength / 65 Endurance. Replace everything else with gear like that & you'll be a lot better off.

For reference, look at the minimum level for the gear you have. I'll bet most if it is designed for players in the low 30s, not level 45.

Edited by DPCummerbund

Others have posted their concerns with your secondary stats, but I'd be far more concerned with your primary stat. I'm playing a level 47 toon right now, so my toon is 2 levels higher than yours, but my primary stats are MUCH higher than yours. For example, you have several pieces of gear with Strength in the 30s. That's way too low. Ideally, all your gear should have Strength in the 60s or so. Really, you only have one good piece of gear - your gloves, at 75 Strength / 65 Endurance. Replace everything else with gear like that & you'll be a lot better off.

For reference, look at the minimum level for the gear you have. I'll bet most if it is designed for players in the low 30s, not level 45.

You may be right. I'm not knowledgeable enough to catch something that subtle with no gear level given.

Alacrity isn't really a useful stat, but those two are probably even less useful since you have no shield.

I mean, if you're still leveling, and it's an upgrade on the other stats from what you had, then sure, but once you get into endgame gear, it will get you chewed out and even kicked from some flashpoint groups.

And I have no clue about the chest and legs. What level, stats, green/blue/orange?

Chest is Orange and requires level 43. Legging is orange and requires level 43. Do you know any gear with good stats?

Do you know any nice gear I can use instead? It's name and stats?

Thanks for the tips to.

Edited by Swedguy

My Level 45 Sith Marauder loses health pretty fast in combat. I don't know if it's because of my equipments, weapons, or if I'm just bad at the game. To me my weapons stats are looking pretty nice, so it might be the equipments stats? I would greatly appreciate some tips on how to solve this problem.

I suspect you're either on Voss or completing the Hoth bonus series.

In anycase... towards the end of the game, most MOBS mainly do unresistable damage (internal/elemental). You take 100% damage. Even with 10K hitpoint, they can burn/poison/bleed/shock/etc. you to death very, very quickly.

You kinda get an idea of this as early as Quesh, or Tatooine - Czerka lab infected mobs.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Not a lot you can do, except the usual and just have the brute force it.

I have leveled 4 toons to 50,. Somewhere in my mid-40's without exception, I have had to stop and re-gear myself and my main companion in order to progress.

My advice: Spend a little cash. You'll be shocked.

Do you know any nice gear I can use instead? It's name and stats?

There are three ways to get good gear while leveling:

1) Do a lot of raids and other PVP stuff. I don't do any of that, but I'm sure others can point you in the right direction.

2) Save up some credits and buy good gear off the GTN. I would assume based on your comments that you have not used the GTN yet. If you're not sure what it is, definitely do more research into it. It will completely change SWTOR for you.

3) Learn a crafting skill, and craft your own armor.

When looking at your gear, there are a few things that stand out - and most likely you have just picked up stuff that has dropped while you're leveling, which is totally understandable.

What I generally do while leveling through planet progressions is take planet comms as my reward - always (unless I get a really nice orange gear option). When you do this, you can use those comms to upgrade your orange gear from the comm modifications vendor (located near the crafting area on each planet).

The mods and enhancements cost 2 comms each, so those are the way to go. If you get the option of armorings, those are nice to get since they cost 7 comms each. I make my own armoring with my cybertech, but I always purchase mods and enhancements from the mod vendor.

as a marauder, you will want to have Might hilts, Might armorings etc. Higher STR than END stats. Then, you will want mainly power as your enhancement option, so usually the Rage enhancement works well (for your given level).

I would go with Power crystals for your lightsabers, the faster you kill stuff, the less damage you will take.

Crit and surge are nice, but wait until 50 to tweak those to get to your 35%/75% ranges, don't bother killing yourself over changing gear for those pre-50.

Also, let your companion get hate - unless you are using your healer (and sometimes even then). I generally attack a group first with my companion, then I jump in and clean up everything quickly.

Chest is Orange and requires level 43. Legging is orange and requires level 43. Do you know any gear with good stats?

I have to ask .. have you put armoring, mods and enhancements into these? If not pick up might armoring and mods and rage enhancements appropriate to your level and install them in these 2 shells.

I have to ask .. have you put armoring, mods and enhancements into these? If not pick up might armoring and mods and rage enhancements appropriate to your level and install them in these 2 shells.

Was wondering that myself. He doesn't mention any stats for those.

I'd offer to group with you and try to help, but even if you are on JC, I don't have an imp anywhere near your level.

Edited by JacksonMo

What I generally do while leveling through planet progressions is take planet comms as my reward - always (unless I get a really nice orange gear option). When you do this, you can use those comms to upgrade your orange gear from the comm modifications vendor (located near the crafting area on each planet).

that's what i do. if you decide to collect commendations, it would prolly be a good idea to que for daily FPs. not only will you get comms for completing it, but you'll get a chance at nice gear drops.

that's what i do. if you decide to collect commendations, it would prolly be a good idea to que for daily FPs. not only will you get comms for completing it, but you'll get a chance at nice gear drops.

Yep, a good guild can really help you there. If you have 4, you can group que and just farm them.

The ideal group for straight up gearing a warrior out would be OP, a Juggernaut tank and two agents.

That way any boss drops can be used by either the OP or his healing companion.

What's the main companion you use and how are they geared? Should always let them lead and they should be geared as tank. I'm DPS Guardian and can do some tanking myself but I always lead with my companion going in and drawing all the fire first.

What's the main companion you use and how are they geared? Should always let them lead and they should be geared as tank. I'm DPS Guardian and can do some tanking myself but I always lead with my companion going in and drawing all the fire first.

i wouldn't exactly let a healer companion pull first, but yeah.

i wouldn't exactly let a healer companion pull first, but yeah.

Doc is useless to me... I spent 300k gearing him up, took him out to use as a healer did the whole setup as healer business and when I had more than 3 guys attacking me at once, he just couldn't keep up with the healing. I'm better off with a tank or dps that can kill the enemy before it has a chance to kill me. If it's dead I don't need to worry about healing from the damage it causes. *grin*

But I'm with a Guardian DPS, your results may vary by playstyle.

As other have mentioned, your statements don't make it entirely sure whether you're aware that you can modify customizable gear and upgrade it. So if you already know everything about commendations and modifications skip this.

Usually the best approach to keep equipment up to date, especially if it's orange (though purple gear is often customizable as well, as is green gear for companions) , is to keep the modificationsin them up to date. And if you do the planetary storyline and the heroics the best way to do it is by commendations.

The primary stat of an customizable peace of gear, such as your orange armor and pants, can change and it depends on what "armoring" and "hilt" you put in them. You can modify any customizable item by holding CTRL and right clicking it, which also lets you see the individual mods currently in them in detail. It will show you something like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img87/2569/modifyingitems.png

You can remove the existing mods by right clicking them, but usually that doesn't make much sense, since the cost to remove them is higher than what you may get for selling them to an NPC vendor. In your case the most important thing would be to put an up-to-date armoring in your customizable gear, buying something like this from a "modifcation commendation vendor":

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/7392/modsfromvendors.png

As a marauder you would usually prefer might armoring over guardian armoring, but commendation vendors only sell those a few levels back for the same amount of commendations, so it's not worthwhile buying them.

From the stuff that commendation vendors sell at their best level Deft Mods would be helpful and either Initiative, Discipline or Efficient Enhancements.

You might wanna check the market if there are suitable enhancements for you, but don't just buy anything. If you gear is seriously outdated and your money is limited, buying the hilts and armor from an NPC modification vendor (without "commendation") is perfectly viable - they sell only green quality hilts, barrels and armoring, but that's still a lot better than the average green non-customizable item on a given planet and they are usually par with blue modifications of two levels back. And they do so for relatively decent prices, while buying too much at the market may leave you without enough money to buy your new skills on level up.

Still I would look at the market for bargain offers. I have had cases when my artificer didn't manage to sell mid-level purple might hilts in two days for the suggested price, even though that means that I have to pay on top given the amount of missions to which I have to send to crew in order to acquire the necessary rare crystals. Many people don't bother buying modifications from the market at all before they hit 50, because you level out of them fast, which makes it hard for crafters to sell them at all. However, I would carefully consider the price and alternative options.