Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

MadCuzBad
03.16.2016 , 04:21 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
On these forums, that is simply... INCONCEIVABLE!
But I like watching the cheerleaders

jedip_enguin
03.16.2016 , 04:41 PM | #272
Are we still talking about all these dead games.
Click my link please, I'm almost out of Cartel coins - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

CKNORTH
03.16.2016 , 05:55 PM | #273
Know what's really dead, this topic.. It has been on these forums since launch, seriously don't people have some grasp of reality too, I don't know move on..

Game is still here after a very long endless talk of it dying, perhaps if a big fing comet hit the earth, then I would say officially this game would be over...
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic
Today is a New Beginning! May you Enjoy the Rewards!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zfWrv6

Knockerz
03.16.2016 , 07:27 PM | #274
I remember when Wildstar launch and people were raving about it. There were many posters here spamming their garbage about Wildstar. I want to necro old Wildstar threads to make fun of people who supported Wildstar. Raiding will be niche market from here on out. There aren't enough raiders to sustain more than two mmorpgs that focus on raiding in this case WoW and Final Fantasy. Why should an developers focus on developing content that at most only tiny percent will participate in and even less in challenging content.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

branmakmuffin
03.16.2016 , 08:19 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
I remember when Wildstar launch and people were raving about it. There were many posters here spamming their garbage about Wildstar. I want to necro old Wildstar threads to make fun of people who supported Wildstar. Raiding will be niche market from here on out. There aren't enough raiders to sustain more than two mmorpgs that focus on raiding in this case WoW and Final Fantasy. Why should an developers focus on developing content that at most only tiny percent will participate in and even less in challenging content.
TOR was supposed to kill LotRO and Wild Snore was supposed to kill TOR. Neither came to pass (although LotRO is kind of withering).

Codedrago
03.16.2016 , 08:22 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
TOR was supposed to kill LotRO and Wild Snore was supposed to kill TOR. Neither came to pass (although LotRO is kind of withering).
Tor was supposed to kill WoW. But then again, EVERY MMO is supposed to kill WoW
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

Andryah
03.16.2016 , 08:25 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
Know what's really dead, this topic.. It has been on these forums since launch, seriously don't people have some grasp of reality too, I don't know move on..

Game is still here after a very long endless talk of it dying, perhaps if a big fing comet hit the earth, then I would say officially this game would be over...
Yep yep.

SWTOR appears to have more lives then Super-Cat.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

trueKieran
03.16.2016 , 09:27 PM | #278
You don't even have the fortitude to follow up on your own "threats":
Ok kid, I was going to let it rest, but you brought this on yourself. That line was a) not a threat and b) about the so called "doom-threads".

Now back on topic:
Not "will." "should." The "will" part is after, about extending it to companions.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
They made all kinds of "should" statements in the early days of the game. A large number of the "shoulds" never made it to PTS, much less the live servers. Clearly... "should" /= "will".

Both you and Andryah made it pretty clear that you're not acknowledging this as a promise because it didn't read "will come out", well lets take a closer look again, shall we?

Quote:
NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.
As you yourself pointed out, they did use "will" for the second part, "we will extend this", not "we may" or "should" or anything else, so by your own definition this one is a promise. Well guess what genius, you can't very well extend a feature that you're not going to implement, so if the extention is promised, so is by necessity the feature itself. And no, there's no chance to see the second as "if it comes", there's nothing even remotely in there that suggests a probability, it clearly says "We will".

Now either you start to accept the reality that you were just wrong here like an adult, or you can crawl back under your rock and pretend to live in your own little universe where things work differently, because if that's not a promise, then the only promises in MMOs are the patch notes, and that's absurd. Of course you can also just follow the example of your friend up there and just put me on your ignore list, that's fine by me too.

Ansultares
03.16.2016 , 10:24 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Things just ain't what they used to be. MMO's circa early 2000's were more about roleplaying and just being immersed into the world. It was a pleasure to walk around everywhere on foot, to take in the scenery. There was a sense of magic that is totally gone for the most part nowadays. The fun in gaming back then was just playing the game. Now people gripe if they have to click more then 4 buttons, or sit through a cut scene.
I had the chance last fall to play a circa-2000 MMO, Asheron's Call. The lack of understanding these days as to what makes an MMO world engaging is self-evident.

Vhaegrant
03.17.2016 , 01:55 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by trueKieran View Post
As you yourself pointed out, they did use "will" for the second part, "we will extend this", not "we may" or "should" or anything else, so by your own definition this one is a promise. Well guess what genius, you can't very well extend a feature that you're not going to implement, so if the extention is promised, so is by necessity the feature itself. And no, there's no chance to see the second as "if it comes", there's nothing even remotely in there that suggests a probability, it clearly says "We will".
I don't normally like to join other people's semantic battles but...

Let's try this another way
Me: 'I'm currently planning my summer holiday. Should I get my bonus I will take you with me.'
Several months pass...
Friend: 'When are we going on that holiday'
Me: 'Sorry company underperformed because of an unexpected market downturn, no bonuses, pay rise frozen for two years. Can't afford a holiday this year.'
Friend: 'But you said you WILL take me.'
Me: 'Sorry mate, that was a conditional on me getting a bonus that at the time seemed likely. If it makes you any happier I'm not getting a holiday either.'
Friend: 'You suck. You are the worst friend ever. You break all your promises.'
Me: 'How do you even...!?'