Why I'm done with PvP

EllieAnne

I'm not attacking you, I just don't want to spend more than the 30 seconds I already have trying to tally it up, what does the game do for any other aspect of the game?

below are the categories I could think of (maybe more?):

1. learning your rotation and selecting skills for pvp/pve
  2. how to play each map
  3. how to play arenas
  4. how to play gsf
  5. how to play FPs generally and each one specifically
  6. how to play OPs generally and specifically
  7. HTF do you gear in this "conquest" model? (lul -- ok. that one may be specific to me, but these boxes and the junk gear in them are getting on my nerves)

I'm sure there are aspects of the game I'm missing, but not sure what else requires instruction, but if you think of something else, throw it up there and assess how BW's doing at it.

I genuinely am curious about this. my experience in general is MMORPGs throw you out there and you learn through humiliation, external web sites, or guildies who are better than you.

Well, unlike PVP, GSF actually has some kind of tutorial if I remember correctly. I know I played it years ago when I wanted to get into GSF .

I have no experience with other MMO's so I don't know what's the situation there. WoW for example has more hardcore PVP community ? If so , why is that and why don't we have that in this game as well ?

SWTOR seems to focus heavily on super casualism and the players that are good at PVP are the ones that spent time and dedicated themselves at becoming better by reading guides, dueling , parsing or whatever ...

How to play arenas and how to play maps ? You can find information about how to approach maps in PVP guides written by other players.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, from the aspects of the game that you answered, only GSF has any sort of built-in training mechanism.

everything else you mentioned is external stuff produced by players. yep. that sound about right for my experience with MMORPGs. oh! there are those little tutorials in the load screens for WZs. not that I've ever found them useful. and baron deathmark does explain the "basics" of huttball. just spitballing...

I'm not attacking you, I just don't want to spend more than the 30 seconds I already have trying to tally it up, what does the game do for any other aspect of the game?

below are the categories I could think of (maybe more?):

1. learning your rotation and selecting skills for pvp/pve
  2. how to play each map
  3. how to play arenas
  4. how to play gsf
  5. how to play FPs generally and each one specifically
  6. how to play OPs generally and specifically
  7. HTF do you gear in this "conquest" model? (lul -- ok. that one may be specific to me, but these boxes and the junk gear in them are getting on my nerves)

I'm sure there are aspects of the game I'm missing, but not sure what else requires instruction, but if you think of something else, throw it up there and assess how BW's doing at it.

I genuinely am curious about this. my experience in general is MMORPGs throw you out there and you learn through humiliation, external web sites, or guildies who are better than you.

* How gearing works and what specific stats do.