Dying in 2-3 GCDs is not fun

Samaul

Level 50, 900+ expertise, die in 2-3 GCDs.

While I don't die in 2-3 GCDs (unless I get jumped by a few people where I'm stunlocked and Ravaged), my friends and I who have straight PVP'd from lowbie to 50 are finding level 50 PVP extremely lame. It's way, way too gear dependent. We do have a few vendored blues, but we also each have a few Battlemaster and 1 or 2 War Hero items. No amount of skill can change the fact that someone else can do more than 50% more damage than me with the same attack.

It's just stupid to win or lose a game just because a tank did 600k damage.

Rather than suffer through the grind, we've started PVPing with our lowbie alts. It's more of a skill-based game there.

Level 50, 900+ expertise, die in 2-3 GCDs.

Focus fire is a pain? get a healer? protect the healer so the healer can protect you?

And you cant be talking about one on one, level 50 741 expertise, the only time i die that fast is when i have 3 people jump me and stun me so i cant do anything.

my friends and I who have straight PVP'd from lowbie to 50 are finding level 50 PVP extremely lame. It's way, way too gear dependent. We do have a few vendored blues, but we also each have a few Battlemaster and 1 or 2 War Hero items. No amount of skill can change the fact that someone else can do more than 50% more damage than me with the same attack.

Rather than suffer through the grind, we've started PVPing with our lowbie alts. It's more of a skill-based game there.

Okay so you would prefer gear to not exist in pvp? cause that's basically what pre 50 pvp is to a large extent, well that and twinks, but I'm not sure how good twinks work in swtor since they gain exp.

Oh and tanks doing 600k damage means spread out and don't let the "tank" assassin aoe you, aoe is always bad to sit in, no matter what your level.

Edited by halorix

While I don't die in 2-3 GCDs (unless I get jumped by a few people where I'm stunlocked and Ravaged), my friends and I who have straight PVP'd from lowbie to 50 are finding level 50 PVP extremely lame. It's way, way too gear dependent. We do have a few vendored blues, but we also each have a few Battlemaster and 1 or 2 War Hero items. No amount of skill can change the fact that someone else can do more than 50% more damage than me with the same attack.

So true. More skill based, more fun. I've been wondering why fleet on my server was empty and WZ pops were every hour or so. Now I know, everyone is on their alts having **** loads of fun in 1-49 and WZ pops are virtually as soon as you finish one another is ready. With the exception of the ocassional idiot taking everything FAR too seriously (and an overabundance of sent/mara) its a blast.

This game gets more and more like Warhammer every day, eventually everyone realized all the fun was in the lower tiers there too.

Take this, expand it to any gear based mmo, its not anything game specific, its always going to be due to a difference in gear, and the people who don't want to get it to keep up, I don't blame you for not wanting to get the gear, some people don't have a whole lot of time to get it so its just easier and more enjoyable to do pvp on a lowbie.

Counter to that is some people enjoy getting the gear, so they pvp at 50.

The life of a healer can be very frustrating. I was a pvp healer in wow for many years and it takes time to adapt to the play style changes.

HIDE YOUR ***, stay back as far as you can, your a support class.

Stick with the pack, your unless alone.

You have to learn and adapt, things have changed you need to change the way you play.

If you're dying that fast there's more than 1 person attacking you.

If it's 1V1 you're in PvE gear, but you said you have 900 expertise so you weren't(If you're not trolling that is).

All of these posts are daft, a friend showed me a video today of him on his scoundrel killing a sorc in ~12 seconds, and before you cry nerf, here's what happened.

Scoundrel opens from stealth, sorc keyboard turns for the first 5 seconds of the fight, then uses force storm and stands there getting hit, no cooldowns used, no attempt to get away. It was voidstar, at the start of the match so no reason for cooldowns to be on cooldown at that stage unless he was one of the many people I see using all their cooldown abilities in the staring area before the game starts.

Before you say ~12 seconds, :eek: nerf!, I can tell you that any class, can kill any other, if class A does nothing while class B is attacking, the only thing that will change is the time to kill which is gear dependant.

Can you tell us what you tried to do when this happened, what class killed you, are you healing spec, hybrid or a class that can heal in dps spec etc.

*Just because you can't see where the damage is coming from, don't assume it was done by a single player.

I know what you mean. I have tried to start many conversations about possible changes. I have tried putting my input and encourage others to put their input aswell. I ussually just get told to get better and that everything is fine.

As a Sage, with Full BM and a couple War hero pieces I have 16.2k HP (Unbuffed), 1200+ Expertise and I know I have the skill and experience. I still get crit for 7k..with 19% dmg reduction... thats =ridiculous. If more than one person targets you and uses there burst abilities, it is very easy to die in 2-3 GCDs

But apparently all I need to do is L2P

Edited by Darthbluginal

Hey folks,

We do thank people for taking the time out to post about issues and concerns about the game. We do read it, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

That being said, feedback about specific issues should whenever possible be placed into the proper subforum. For example, there are existing threads in the PvP forum where discussions about some of these concerns are being had:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=423583

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=435378

We'll be closing this thread, but do encourage folks to post constructive feedback about the game in future threads. Thanks for your understanding!