† Bailed again finally in 2015 †

GrindStone

R.I.P. GS 2006-2015 TOR (The Old Republic)

Deleted a whole legacy of alts again, just like the 2013-2014 one, an the 2012 one before that. At least for me, Ebon Hawk is a void of darkness. You know if not The Old Republic being a void of darkness. It's 2015 an for me it's time to face the facts. I played the game to death. A published writer said tonight I was good at RP. I got nothing to show for it. No friends. No Guild. No level 50, 55, or 60. Nothing. Thanks for the memories.

It's not worth it to wander aimlessly looking for world RP or look for it specifically. Then the random friendships are too painful, too many xp or content addicts. They just disappear. The apprehension or defensive nature of the forum an game along with it's addictive nature an demographic, simply won't allow me to exist here. More so, I'd belittle myself to just accept it going forward. I tried for many years, an failed. TOR, great game.

good luck,

xxGSxx

You again, firstly the game came out in 2011. Second this is the 2nd or 3rd time you have complained the game is boring and threatened to quit....who are you Again? If you want to quit, quit and stop making a scene.

Emo or goth? I am just curious. :p

Seriously, don't be so serious. And start to pvp. You learn to make no lasting friendships and just learn to kill everyone. It's great. You log in, fight, log out. No disappointments in people, just the game itself at times, but that's normal for any game.

As for people, most of them are jerks and you'd rather not know them IRL. Just view them as possible targets to kill in pvp, and you will never be sad! The more you see on fleet, the happier you will be knowing that plenty of pixels are there for the killing!

Hope this helps. As the The The song goes, "If you can't change the world change yourself, and if you can't change yourself then change your world." If you didn't find a niche in the game, then yes you probably should change your world.

• 2 weeks later...
Emo or goth? I am just curious. :p

Seriously, don't be so serious. And start to pvp. You learn to make no lasting friendships and just learn to kill everyone. It's great. You log in, fight, log out. No disappointments in people, just the game itself at times, but that's normal for any game.

As for people, most of them are jerks and you'd rather not know them IRL. Just view them as possible targets to kill in pvp, and you will never be sad! The more you see on fleet, the happier you will be knowing that plenty of pixels are there for the killing!

Hope this helps. As the The The song goes, "If you can't change the world change yourself, and if you can't change yourself then change your world." If you didn't find a niche in the game, then yes you probably should change your world.

This. I'm actually amazed to see a thread like this in here. Recent experiences with alts on Ebon Hawk make me want to transfer the whole lot off Jung Ma and bring them here. This server is pretty awesome.

Edited by JarekCyphus

R.I.P. GS 2006-2015 TOR (The Old Republic)

Deleted a whole legacy of alts again, just like the 2013-2014 one, an the 2012 one before that. At least for me, Ebon Hawk is a void of darkness. You know if not The Old Republic being a void of darkness. It's 2015 an for me it's time to face the facts. I played the game to death. A published writer said tonight I was good at RP. I got nothing to show for it. No friends. No Guild. No level 50, 55, or 60. Nothing. Thanks for the memories.

It's not worth it to wander aimlessly looking for world RP or look for it specifically. Then the random friendships are too painful, too many xp or content addicts. They just disappear. The apprehension or defensive nature of the forum an game along with it's addictive nature an demographic, simply won't allow me to exist here. More so, I'd belittle myself to just accept it going forward. I tried for many years, an failed. TOR, great game.

good luck,

xxGSxx

Give pvp a shot! It will give you something to develop. It will make you excited and very pissed off sometimes, but at least you won't be alone. Grinding alt after alt isn't really "playing the game".

You mentioned RP. I'm not exactly sure what that constitutes, but I like to write from time to time. What I've done is create little short stories for a few of my toons just for a little flavour. You could try doing the same on a platform like enjin. Join a RP guild that uses it. You'll find a lot of them share this sort of sentiment.

But mostly, just start to develop some pvp action. It's not as intimidating as many would think.

• 2 weeks later...
This. I'm actually amazed to see a thread like this in here. Recent experiences with alts on Ebon Hawk make me want to transfer the whole lot off Jung Ma and bring them here. This server is pretty awesome.

Do it. Look into your heart. You know it to be true!