50 million...how will you protect the players?

TUXs

There's a difference between having access to minor XP boosts, exploration boosts and brown/puke dyes than there is 50 million credits.

Your gbank doesn't already have 10s of millions of credits in it? I am a GM and I don't even know how many credits are in my gbank but I am pretty sure its over 35million. Whats another 15mill?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a guild escrow set up by BW? Two types of escrow, one for a Guild Stronghold, and one for a Guild Ship. The escrow would be tied to the guild. As long as the guild existed, the escrow would persist. When enough credits are in the escrow, the guild gets a ship, or Stronghold, by whatever method they will be delivered.

Any credits put in the escrow can only be used for purchasing a ship or Stronghold. No one can take funds out of the escrow, not even the GM. If there's a turnover in management, the escrow remains as long as the guild remains. No worries about an unscrupulous GM taking the funds. If the guild disbands, the funds disappear. No one gets them.

Credit deposits into the escrow are done by guild members. Like how credits are deposited into the guild bank.

Any credits put in the escrow can only be used for purchasing a ship or Stronghold. No one can take funds out of the escrow, not even the GM. If there's a turnover in management, the escrow remains as long as the guild remains. No worries about an unscrupulous GM taking the funds. If the guild disbands, the funds disappear. No one gets them.

As a GM myself... I would support this idea. It keeps the funds safe.

I must have surrounded myself, and been members of good guilds and players... i simply can not imagine the scenarios described here. If you have the even the slightest doubt about your GM, jump ship now (pardon the pun)... Seriously though, if you aren't confident in your guild leader (they are active, chatty, helpful, etc)... or they restrict too much (for example; I disclose the ledger to everyone... so everyone can see who is taking what... the only people who end up in the "red" so to speak, are toons that are leveling... and thats encouraged (take what you need)

My guild has built quite a healthy nest egg, and has had fun doing it. Wasn't expecting a 50,000,000 price tag, so there is more work to do. We should be ready by launch (again, no pun intended).

In the end, there are plenty of guilds out there that could use your help prepping for the ship and stronghold. Many threads about killing small guilds due to cost. Heck I wouldn't call our guild "small", but I'll happily make space for anyone who is in a bad guild, under bad management, and looking to escape the drama.

So shameless guild plug :rolleyes:

Server: JC

Guild: <Errant Adventures>

GM: Yudsea (anyone with member status can invite, so just search Errant Adventures in the who box :)

Good luck everyone.