overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

(edited for one thing i got wrong that i misread ) so removing the one i got wrong

i stand by the rest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY LAST STRAW ... i had overlooked or excused or hoped a fix was coming for the list below

but i guess this is my hair that breaks the camels back !!!!

The turret problems favoring empire are ridiculous

screw this game yall have fun ... im walking away until summer ill look back in and see if they cared enough to balance the faction and hopefully management holds some DEVS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS BLANTANT ABUSE of POWER IN DESIGNING THE FACTION THEY WANTED TO PLAY to have all sorts of SUBTLE ADVANTAGES!!!!! the EVIDENCE IN ITS ENTIREITY is OVERWHELMING when looked at from a distance other than one at a time

JUST SAD ...

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS :(

so add it to the list of things that severely imbalance the so called "mirror" classes

things like the following:

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

14.) im tired of listing them someone else take ove

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it

im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed

Edited by Part_Time_Hero

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup

i pvp a lot .. rank 53 valor

all of it is true all though didnt realize about turrets in alderaan but always thought something was up .. i just watched the youtube video proving it too makes me SICK to my stomach .. they should all three be in neutral postion! not to mention i cant believe the timers are borked tilted to empire

ill prolly hang around becuase they will more than likely get everything on between the mirrored classes balanced or they will kill their game so ill stick it out for now

besides im in a great guild and we can overcome the advantages they many times but it is work and unfair

hope to see ya back when they fix it .. if they do not ill prolly let them eat my 6 month subscription soon too after i get through the PVE storied i want to see if they dont fix the imbalanced factions ... i dont care about class balance becuase they are suppose to be mirrored if they were truly mirrored the balance would be fine and i would say learn to play better

youll get flamed by empire players that are on the gravy train right now so put your heat shields up :p

If what you said is true, then that kind of makes me mad too. Does elemental in fact ignore armor? I thought that a Jedi Sage and Sith Inquisitor were supposed to be a mirror of each other. I'm sure that the lightning spam exploit will probably be addressed, but I wonder about the elemental versus the kinetic.

OK, nevermind. I read later that sith sorcerer is energy, not elemental. Energy does not ignore armor.

Edited by Chiricahua

I can't comment on most of what you said, however, if it's accurate, then it's really lame they set it up that way. You'd think someone would've been double checking everything for pvp.

That being said, since I play a mercenary, I can point out that you're wrong about DfA being an instant. There's easily a 1.5 second delay from clicking on the target area to the time the first missiles hit. Maybe the troopers mortar takes longer, I don't know, haven't played him. But they also have the advantage of not flying up into the air and screaming "Please target me and blow me out of the sky!" Some good pvpers have yanked me out of the sky after only firing one salvo.

Let's not get sidetracked. The Sith Inquisitor should do elemental damage, which should ignore armor. Why? Because that would be a hilarious imbalance between mirror classes. Also, the Inquisitor, in general, is cooler, and should be rewarded as such.

except the fact that it's energy damage not elemental. I hate you clueless people posting this garbage so much uggggggggggggh

btw

YOU do know that armor MITIGATES kenetic and ENERGY attacks in SWTOR

Edited by Trushott

Re roll as a sith or just learn to deal, don't quit a game because you THINK the dev's are overpowering on particular faction. We can all agree that this is an outstanding game that we all enjoy. Me personally ,if I know the other player has the advantage it makes me try that much harder to "own" him and put him down. Makes killing the other player much more rewarding

let me clear some things I know for a fact up real quick.

Electrocute does NOT ignore the resolve bar, thta bar fills up almost all the way when I stun someone for 4 sec.

And Overload, Sorc's knockback is most certainly not instant. My dude has to jump up in the air, sometimes do a spin within his flip, then knock people away.

Your post was just a little too long for me to read otherwsie. And I don't know about some of the stuff. From what I have seen though, Empire V Republic, the minor differences in timing get made up for in other places. For example, Telekentic throw has a bit of a delay over Shock, but the Sage pushback from what I've been affected is instant, rather than animation then hit.

Again, I'm sure it feels frustrating, but these aren't game breaking things, especially without a rated system in effect quite yet. IF they do ever do anything rated, then I'm sure we will see 100% balanced, but in the meantime, why not enjoy some of the flavor.

Also BOO FREAKING HOO on the Alderan thing, you guys play that so much there is no reason you shouldn't dominate Empire with strategy and calling stuff out 80% of the time.

OP i just maybe suggest to calm little down, but overall it is quite true sadly.

I learned lesson reading al lthe tons of new threads coming each day and most point out facts and real problems you just listed soem of them. There is no point hoping community to understand issues Bioware made and rather troll over everything and hoping all stays as it is now. Well i can speak about my server will see how it unfoldes for others, but republic side is dishminishing at level cap with some pvp gear see will to carry on with this faction imbalance. 50's brackets wiil be nightamre for republic for sure.

Im focusing more pve now, will see what stance bioware will take. The Biggest issue that has not even commented by any Devs with golden text is Alderaan WF turret ticking at start and i belive overall until the end.

If the warezones would have been opposite and all the advantage with bad coding towards republic and still majority picked empire, it wouldnt have cause that much issues as it is now. Even if the lists most point out are very accurate and always same facts pointed out, we will not see bioware team respond here, simply because its not one class balance issue we talking about.

Good game as pve no doubt many enjoy it.

Edited by Divona

Most of this is true, I rerolled my trooper cause the delay glitch on that class are horrible. BH > Trooper and it's sad since they are supposed to be equal. Hopefully on my server Empire sucks so we win 3/4 matches but it's still sad that all those things are bugged.

The OP is pure derpitude. Every single thing he is crying about has been mentioned as known bug or something that they are going to fix in some future patch.

I guarantee that the OP isn't going to cancel his account because he knows this is all stuff bneing adressed or at least known issue. retarded tripe.

o look an empire player ... heh

yes i can tell by your pic :)

EMPIRE SI - ELEMENTAL DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

it's been said before, but clearly needs to be said again.

EMPIRE SI - ENERGY DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

ENERGY = KINETIC Damage.

Same mitigation principles.

Re roll as a sith or just learn to deal, don't quit a game because you THINK the dev's are overpowering on particular faction. We can all agree that this is an outstanding game that we all enjoy. Me personally ,if I know the other player has the advantage it makes me try that much harder to "own" him and put him down. Makes killing the other player much more rewarding

lol

then why are you playing empire side

/boggle