Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.26.2019 , 03:02 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
You make up fanciful tales of cheating and "toxicity" happening in almost every ranked game.
Well, to be fair maybe the week or so I tried to last play solo ranked was just a bad week. It was bad enough to push me away till I see them make real changes that improve it.

I have no reason to lie, and if it were not true I'd be playing now and playing solo ranked. It left that bad of a taste in my mouth. Sorry, I just really hate cheats that's what drove me off EQ1 PVP years ago. And yes IMO cheating, dropping matches, manipulating ELO all do contribute to a toxic environment.

Ironically during the worse years and months of the past (according to you) I finished seasons and found ranked doable and worth the toxic verbal insults some of the players liked to toss around because I didn't find my matches constantly starting with 3v4 etc. or see players manipulating the matches like they have learned to do now.

Oh well. The mode is still recognized by the majority of people as not fun, not serious, and not competitive due to all the flaws we have discussed here and elsewhere.

DavidAtkinson has a good point about not letting others influence your mindset. I have no issue doing that hence verbal insults if anything only motivate me to destroy whoever the **** talker is.

Jedi Al, I'd suggest you get the word out how fun and great ranked is if that's how you feel. I never see any nice posts about ranked, none... Why not put it out there and try to encourage people to queue up for it then if it has improved etc.?
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.26.2019 , 03:12 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I think this section is quite condescending, actually. Are you trying to teach me some sort of lesson?
For being someone that likes to stir the pot a lot, you sure do take things personal and are very sensitive. I was sharing my own personal issues etc.

I am sure I could teach you some lessons though, not sure what about but you ought not be so adverse to others enlightening you. Just like I am sure you could enlighten me on things I know less about.

Like how to enjoy solo ranked, that's a lesson I'd love to learn now. Maybe create a post and give ranked some love, like I mentioned to Jedi Al, you guys that enjoy it and see it has improved lately ought to pump it up a bit.

Goodness knows any positive attention ranked gets would be helpful, but instead I just see you guys contradict and chastise others who criticize it.

I guess it's easier to drop in and add critical responses to what others write than to actually create a positive thread on your own that might draw more players to the game and/or to ranked.

Maybe you are afraid of being judged or opposed by criticism, if so that's too bad. Don't let negativity keep you from being positive. Anyway, stay up.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.26.2019 , 03:42 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
For being someone that likes to stir the pot a lot, you sure do take things personal and are very sensitive. I was sharing my own personal issues etc.

I am sure I could teach you some lessons though, not sure what about but you ought not be so adverse to others enlightening you. Just like I am sure you could enlighten me on things I know less about.

Like how to enjoy solo ranked, that's a lesson I'd love to learn now. Maybe create a post and give ranked some love, like I mentioned to Jedi Al, you guys that enjoy it and see it has improved lately ought to pump it up a bit.

Goodness knows any positive attention ranked gets would be helpful, but instead I just see you guys contradict and chastise others who criticize it.

I guess it's easier to drop in and add critical responses to what others write than to actually create a positive thread on your own that might draw more players to the game and/or to ranked.

Maybe you are afraid of being judged or opposed by criticism, if so that's too bad. Don't let negativity keep you from being positive. Anyway, stay up.
How am I taking this personal? How am I sensitive? You keep giving me false attributes.

As for this thread, nothing about it is positive. It seems very negative to me. TBH though, I haven't closely read all 28 pages because much of it seems to be a lot of pointless back and forth -- like what we're doing now.

You are welcome to do a "Threads started by...." search to see what kind of threads I have started.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.26.2019 , 05:33 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
You are welcome to do a "Threads started by...." search to see what kind of threads I have started.
Nice I remember the one thread about ridiculous names we've seen in the game that was a fun thread. Searched all your threads since you brought it up, and I didn't see one about ranked!

Why not create a thread supporting solo ranked to try to inspire new players and/or disenchanted older players seeing you are familiar with it and see that it has improved?

Otherwise, people like me will assume nothing has changed since we last played and chalk it up as a dismal awful experience laden with traders, dodgers, quitters, kickers, and who knows what other forms of manipulation players have come up with to ensure they can boost their ELO unfairly.

I guess things are just different nowadays, used to be when we enjoyed something in PVP especially we would hit the forums and try to get others to participate. That's when I developed a reputation as a troll (totally unfair btw) just because I would do light weight **** talk on the forums to inspire other players to queue up for PVP.

Too bad there is none of that anymore. No one even tries to get others to join guilds for PVP or anything group oriented regarding PVP on the forums. That goes for regs, all tiers of PVP, and ranked.

I am sure this has nothing to do with the quality of PVP now or the much lower activity levels of PVP now, either, right?
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Metthew's Avatar


Metthew
08.27.2019 , 07:53 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Correcting an error is trolling now? You learn something new every day.
It's more pedantry than a correction, because it isn't even right - how the laws are applied is as important as the letter of the law, and THAT has certainly changed.

In regards to toxicity: being told to learn2play is not toxic, being whispered you're a *********** muslim Snave-lover over both Twitch messages and in-game whispers is (happened to me). That being said, I support everyone being in ranked and do not flame people myself, because god knows we need the population. As more and more "global material" people join the queue, they'll:

1- Learn to play. Unranked warzones really will NOT prepare you for solo ranked anyways.
2- Improve the queue quality. As there is more "lower rated" people, they get sorted into their own brackets. This is even happening now: my 1400 rated rusty sniper plays gets a different quality queue than the one faced by my 1100 rated GoT-RP themed Rage Juggernaut, and I faced an even different queue when I was in the top 3 back in May with my main sniper (he's now only top 250 FeelsBad).

As a disclaimer, I'll admit that I do not queue my main sniper in ranked since I got back in the game, but that is actually unrelated to the queue quality - I have anxiety issues, and when I feel that I am "on stage", my heartbeat goes up, my hands shake, and I start making embarrassing mistakes which puts me in a downward spiral. In fact, in the slightly upper bracket, the games seem to be pretty OK from what I've been seeing on streams. I do hope that they announce gold rating is 1550 and I can queue my main without these issues (gold would not be "on the line").
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
08.27.2019 , 09:45 AM | #276
From a good discussion post to a troll thread within a few days, good work All-Star Knights of the Round Table.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.27.2019 , 10:00 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Nice I remember the one thread about ridiculous names we've seen in the game that was a fun thread. Searched all your threads since you brought it up, and I didn't see one about ranked!

Why not create a thread supporting solo ranked to try to inspire new players and/or disenchanted older players seeing you are familiar with it and see that it has improved?

Otherwise, people like me will assume nothing has changed since we last played and chalk it up as a dismal awful experience laden with traders, dodgers, quitters, kickers, and who knows what other forms of manipulation players have come up with to ensure they can boost their ELO unfairly.

I guess things are just different nowadays, used to be when we enjoyed something in PVP especially we would hit the forums and try to get others to participate. That's when I developed a reputation as a troll (totally unfair btw) just because I would do light weight **** talk on the forums to inspire other players to queue up for PVP.

Too bad there is none of that anymore. No one even tries to get others to join guilds for PVP or anything group oriented regarding PVP on the forums. That goes for regs, all tiers of PVP, and ranked.

I am sure this has nothing to do with the quality of PVP now or the much lower activity levels of PVP now, either, right?
Personally, I'm focused on NiM prog right now. I want to get as many clears and achievements before 6.0. So for ranked I just pop in on occasion when I hear it's popping. That's the great thing about solos: play a couple matches in 20 minutes, then go do other things, or log off.

The ranked queue is kind of slow these days for the reasons I stated earlier -- mat farmers not queuing due to plentiful mats in Conquests, and this season has dragged on for too long. Additionally, SWTOR is slow in August-September-October this time of year (based on personal experience since launch).

Now that an October 22nd launch date for Onslaught has been confirmed, I expect ranked to pick up as we get closer to the end of season (like it usually does).
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.27.2019 , 01:09 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
From a good discussion post to a troll thread within a few days, good work All-Star Knights of the Round Table.
I agree. This thread had great potential till people started posting in it.

P.S. I feel slightly targeted, "Knights of the Round Table?!" Nice one!
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
08.27.2019 , 07:04 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by Metthew View Post
It's more pedantry than a correction, because it isn't even right - how the laws are applied is as important as the letter of the law, and THAT has certainly changed.
Just want it here for the record that you're wrong, but apparently I can't explain why on these forums because it's too political lol.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.27.2019 , 11:26 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Metthew View Post

As a disclaimer, I'll admit that I do not queue my main sniper in ranked since I got back in the game, but that is actually unrelated to the queue quality - I have anxiety issues, and when I feel that I am "on stage", my heartbeat goes up, my hands shake, and I start making embarrassing mistakes which puts me in a downward spiral
Not just related to ranked, it can happen in any part of the game and I completely understand (anxiety is a B***h). Stage fright is terrible when people know it’s you and have an expectation. It’s why I prefer character anonymity in games and I don’t advertise. It’s takes the pressure off and I play better.