Founder returns, Bioware this is your last chance to impress me

nysis

founder status means nothing. i means you played the game for the first 3 months it was released. after which from what you have stated, you ditched the game and didn't support it any longer. and now above everything else you demand that bioware make these changes or you will stop supporting the game AGAIN!!!!. have fun with wows next patch kido. considering the main new feature (the brawlers guild) requires you to spend 100k+ just to be in it

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been here before launch and I agree there are changes that should be made but giving an ultimatum isn't the way to do it.

There are ways to suggest changes without coming across as complaining.

Is the game perfect? No. Is there changes that could make it better? Yes.

When you suggest a change explain why a change should be done and try not using a tone that results in an ultimatum.

When you use an ultimatum all that does is put the other side (whether it is bw or someone else) in a defensive attitude and you do not get your suggestions across.

When you list your suggestions politely without the ultimatum you may get someone to listen more freely.

(Just my 2 cents)

Those who bought the game at launch posses founder titles

You mean it's super important like my VIP Safeway Club Card. Or my sweet Preferred Customer status at the local Toyota dealership that everyone who buys a new model Toyota gets? You and me are some pretty important bros.

The only part of the OP's post that I agree with is the lack of communication from the developers. I have the impression that the monthly Q&A was inconvenient for the developers and that is why they stopped. Ok. Do a two month time frame. And not necessarily about what is coming in the future either. Address community concerns, what bugs are known and being fixed, etc. I personally do not ask for much but the occasional Q&A would be nice.

Maybe after Wednesday's patch Bioware will get back to talking to us again. I'd like that.

OP mentions the letter "I" in some fashion 21 times in his original post.

Welcome to the new age of entitlement. :rolleyes:

Use the word *I* complain about entitlement.

Use the word *we* complain about speaking for others

Hey call it what you want at least im honest

Just to point out the way big business seems to work, and this is no way meant to be having a pop at you, UniverseSong:

Companies do listen to people like the OP over those of you that have never left because you have shown that you are happy to keep paying for the service offered in its current state. You have shown that you are happy to accept the current situation and all that that entails.

The OP and people like him, including myself, have shown that we are not. That EA Bioware must do better in order to get our money and that if they want to keep getting it, they need to do better. You are a safe bet, money in the bank. We are not.

Again this is no reflection on you and others like you. But this is simply how certain businesses view their customers. You see it time and time again with things like mobile phone and internet providers. There's constantly amazing new deals, but only for new customers. Existing customers can go swing until they decide to kick up a stink themselves.

This is very much the case. Put your money where your mouth is so to speak.

The only part of the OP's post that I agree with is the lack of communication from the developers. I have the impression that the monthly Q&A was inconvenient for the developers and that is why they stopped. Ok. Do a two month time frame. And not necessarily about what is coming in the future either. Address community concerns, what bugs are known and being fixed, etc. I personally do not ask for much but the occasional Q&A would be nice.

Maybe after Wednesday's patch Bioware will get back to talking to us again. I'd like that.

We can only hope. Thats the problem

Same her OP. Well, I didnt actually read but I signed for a month to simultaneously get my CC, finish up the few stories I need to finish and just plain curiosity. Im not really expecting to be impressed, but it is their very very last chance.

Im already greatly disappointed by how theyre treating subs and the (laughable) utter lack of any progress in the last 3 months ".... surprise surprise," lol.

I really dont think the game has more than a year left. Not with EA in charge.

I do agree that it's disappointing to see bugs still in game that have been around for months or longer. I also agree that the reemergence of bugs is a little disheartening to say the least. (Not forgetting the recent hits in performance for higher end machines again).

I also feel that the game as a whole hasn't quite been managed the way it should of been and honestly believe that Bioware has to be aware of this fact.

Since the release of Dragon Age 2, Bioware has quite honestly gone from a developer that could do no wrong to a developer that has been butchered in the gaming community. It's no secret that Bioware have lost their way a little.

In my opinion Bioware cannot be so arrogant and blind not to know this.

I honestly feel that in part, this has caused notable and well respected members of Bioware to move on.

Honestly, dragons age 2 was disappointing, but I remember being satisfied upon completion. Only when I went back to replay did the many flaws make the re playability nigh impossible. I also enjoyed mass effect 3 up until the abriged endings. Extended cut went a long way towards improving the ending.

Mmo's are a different type of game. Improvements on a bi-monthly basis are to be expected.

Dear OP. You're a WoW addict not a MMORPG player. You're no the target audience because you expect unreasonable things in a new game so BW doesn't have to throw you a bone because you'll end up back in WoW regardless.

You're part of that crowd that abandons ship shorlty after the launch of every......single....game. Then gets burned out on WoW again only to return for another chance with a ultimatum in hand. In which you give it a chance but it will still fall short strangely enough followed by you returning to WoW again. Let me save you some trouble and take up knitting or something during your WoW breaks. That's more reasonable than asking for a newish game to be like WoW ,with it's almost 8 years of updates, so when you take a break from WoW it will feel like you never left. Cause that's really what you're wanting here.

Same her OP. Well, I didnt actually read but I signed for a month to simultaneously get my CC, finish up the few stories I need to finish and just plain curiosity. Im not really expecting to be impressed, but it is their very very last chance.

Im already greatly disappointed by how theyre treating subs and the (laughable) utter lack of any progress in the last 3 months ".... surprise surprise," lol.

I really dont think the game has more than a year left. Not with EA in charge.

Yep, im right there with you.

Have to agree with mob density.

I am not sure if it was planned with 100's of players on each planet but as it stands there are far too many mobs and the respawn timer in most places outside the black hole it too high. I fight them on my way in and then on my way out, often having met the bonus requirement 5 times over before its done.

Though strangely unless using rest xp my leveling is not getting me levels ahead. So I wonder if it was the design of the game to make it necessary to kill that many mobs and if so whether they need a better combat system that doesn't turn fights into a very grind centric experience with little more than standing still and button mashing.

Might want to review the way you post. A founder title means nothing to anybody but yourself and doesn't help your argument in anyway and really hurts it. In other words.....I am not impressed with your post

I largely agree. And when one titles a thread with an ad hominem threat direced at Bioware... I only ever scan the OP.

Play an MMO if you like it OP, play something else if you don't. There is no objective reason to post a thread topic like this IMO.

Yep, im right there with you.

Please do not let the door hit you in the *** while leaving.

This game is not nearly as bad or has as many problem as the whine brigade says and most of them are WoW players.

TOR or not TOR player WoW groomed privileged no skill spoon fed whiners are the reason that the MMO gaming is going down hill.

Actually the elements in TOR that are similar to WOW are the ones I see as a problem but games like TSW for example are really suffering from the WoWified player base.

So I do not want Bioware to impress this type of player they would score 100 points with me if a dev came out here and told those players sorry this is not the game for you.

I can not imagine how much of a simpleton you have to be to actually like the current state of WoW and say Pandatia is good.

Irony. I bought WoW back in 2005 to see what all the hype was about. I last two weeks. Why? Because why I should play an MMO that's a rehash of its predecessors.

And yet you play swtor... interesting

Please do not let the door hit you in the *** while leaving.

This game is not nearly as bad or has as many problem as the whine brigade says and most of them are WoW players.

TOR or not TOR player WoW groomed privileged no skill spoon fed whiners are the reason that the MMO gaming is going down hill.

Actually the elements in TOR that are similar to WOW are the ones I see as a problem but games like TSW for example are really suffering from the WoWified player base.

So I do not want Bioware to impress this type of player they would score 100 points with me if a dev came out here and told those players sorry this is not the game for you.

I can not imagine how much of a simpleton you have to be to actually like the current state of WoW and say Pandatia is good.

I can not imagine how much of a fanboy you must be to actually suggest TOR is in a better state than WoW.

Really though cmon I like TOR a lot but to say it's in a better state than WoW is just wrong, opinion doesn't even come into it; the lack of bugs, more updates, more balanced classes, more varied pvp, better raids, the engine doesn't feel like it was coded by adolescent monkeys and much more that really all speaks for itself in WoW's favor.

Edited by RTCBrad

I can not imagine how much of a fanboy you must be to actually suggest TOR is in a better state than WoW.

While your comment was not directed to me, I would like to point out that any MMO that lets you play without having to socialize and interact with Elves, Trolls, Cows, and Orcs is in a better state then WoW. ;)

You may have forgotten where the suggestions box is OP. Also BioWare don't like threats. This is a sci-fi mmo and wow is a fantasy mmo , see the difference ? Maybe try STO or eve or any other sci-fi mmo. The rest of us will plug away and make suggestions in the correct part of the forum.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Honestly, dragons age 2 was disappointing, but I remember being satisfied upon completion. Only when I went back to replay did the many flaws make the re playability nigh impossible. I also enjoyed mass effect 3 up until the abriged endings. Extended cut went a long way towards improving the ending.

Mmo's are a different type of game. Improvements on a bi-monthly basis are to be expected.

The only reason I mentioned Dragon Age 2, was that seems to have been quite a pivotal point for Bioware. Some of the decisions made with DA2 left a lot of it's fan base scratching their heads. To the point that Bioware themselves have conceded since that they lost direction in development on DA2 and are aiming to rectify it with DA3.

The past 2 years for Bioware haven't exactly been great from a P.R. standpoint, Dragon Age 2, SWToR and Mass Effect 3...

Facts aside though, I will reiterate. I honestly feel that Bioware DO have it in themselves to move forward with SWToR. Get back on track and utilize what is great about the Universe we all know and love.

Recent MMO's have proven that a F2P model can breathe new life into the game, whilst also giving it a much more lucrative outlook.

I honestly feel that whilst WoW has made the MMO genre more mainstream (and lucrative) I feel it really is the cause of the stagnation of the MMO genre.

Whilst I do understand that new MMO's are launching against the WoW of today (with all of its bells and whistles) I do find it unrealistic to think that any MMO can launch with the amount of content, polish and features that WoW has today. (8 Years since release + 4-5 years development before release)

Going back to my previous point in the thread.

As gamers, we have come to expect far too much in my opinion. We as a collective (devs and gamers alike) need to not only acknowledge problems with the game, but be realistic about solving those problems.

I don't have a problem with anybody voting with their wallet as it's their right to do so. But if you care about this game then do so in a non inflammatory manner. Be constructive.

TL;DR Feedback is good, criticism is good. It only helps if done in a mature manner. We (devs and gamers) need to be realistic and work together to solve the problems.

I'm beginning to realise that its not the noobs, children, haters or the simply curious who're going to make the first month or so of Ftplay such a chore....

It's all the 'entitled' yahoos like the OP crawling out of the woodwork again.:(

Begone, yahoos - we didn't enjoy your company the first time around.

Get your shovels, lets bury them!

Its like the terrible players that all left for gw2, yes those 3 guys yelling in general for hours about stuff we dont care better off without them!