Shipment One Hypercrate - Embargo

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that our Shipment One Hypercrate will be embargoed (removed) from the Cartel Market next Tuesday, February 11th. I wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you wanted to grab one before they take a vacation from the Market.

Thanks!

-eric

Does this mean that items from those packs will be available on the Contraband Resale vendor?

If so, will those items be added to that vendor's offerings, or will they replace what's there?

Could be stupid questions - I just started playing again after a long break since early last year.

Edited by Kvalyr

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that our Shipment One Hypercrate will be embargoed (removed) from the Cartel Market next Tuesday, February 11th. I wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you wanted to grab one before they take a vacation from the Market.

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for letting us know.

Yet again, nonsense regarding the Cartel Market. Respond on threads regarding issues that actually *********** MATTER!

You mean like:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7175865#edit7175865

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7175328#edit7175328

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7175281#edit7175281

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7175274#edit7175274

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7175270#edit7175270

All today...

And plenty of people care about when cartel items will not be able to be bought anymore, especially if they are waiting until they can afford to spend the money.

Or waiting to to sell items once they are a bit more rare.

Please don't bring the Shipment 1 stuff back anytime soon. The GTN is already flooded with CM stuff. We had finally gotten near the point where you could actually sell some of the Shipment 1 stuff like Covert Energy Armor, the Banners, etc. and then the return of the Shipment 1 packs flooded the market with them again.

Does this mean that items from those packs will be available on the Contraband Resale vendor?

If so, will those items be added to that vendor's offerings, or will they replace what's there?

Could be stupid questions - I just started playing again after a long break since early last year.

The vendor already has items from the Shipment 1 packs available for sale. There's no reason they would replace the items as everything in the Shipment 1 packs is the same as it was the first time the packs were offered. It's all the same stuff, nothing's changed.

Trivial nonsense. Where is the bolster exploit fix? Where is the fix for shadows getting to places where no one can reach them in arenas? Where are the fixes for ability delay of MULTIPLE abilities. Where is the fix for bugged jedi knight/sith warrior leap in hutt ball?

Where are their responses on the PvP forums? They hop in from time to time to throw the occasional "bone" and they are back to not doing anything.

Trivial nonsense. Where is the bolster exploit fix? Where is the fix for shadows getting to places where no one can reach them in arenas? Where are the fixes for ability delay of MULTIPLE abilities. Where is the fix for bugged jedi knight/sith warrior leap in hutt ball?

Where are their responses on the PvP forums? They hop in from time to time to throw the occasional "bone" and they are back to not doing anything.

Different teams do different things, that's why. Just because you don't see work being done on things doesn't mean it isn't being done. You are better served making a thread about those issues and keeping them in the eye that way than hijacking a thread that has nothing to do with those issues.

Oh you are a PvP player...

That explains alot.

No sense in trying to reason with this one guys, better to just move on and let him realize that the game doesn't revolve around PvP on his own accord.

I am just going to quote one of my posts directed towards a BioDrone like yourself:

Quote: Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post

6 of the 17 servers fall under the PvP category. More than a third. Competitive PvP has proven to have substantial effects on MMOs and games of all genres in general.

GW2 has 51 servers and does not need the crutch of a big franchise to keep it afloat. Think about that next time you are whacking on some static boss while waiting for the next "exciting" cartel item. You would be surprised how many people tolerate all of this crap, just because of the Star Wars theme.

Several things are flawed in your quote of yourself.... besides being radially off topic for this thread:

1) a SWTOR server is several times larger then a GW2 server, so on an aggregate population basis, the game populations are similar. But server counts, and similar population numbers tell us exactly ZERO about PvP in either game.

2) There are no PvP servers in GW2.... only server vs server. A completely different mechanic... so you even comparing the two is pointless and silly.

3) Those 6 PvP servers you are boasting about in SWTOR, they are also the lightest loaded servers in the server farms. In fact, many of those servers provide chronic complaints from players about how bad their server populations are. Some are even so bold as to declare that PvP is all but dead on some of those servers.

But, hey.... you keep on calling other people names and trying to make nonsense cases and non sequitur comparisons between two radically different PvP environments in two radically different MMOs. At least it is somewhat entertaining to watch the hyperbole.

Edited by Andryah

1) a SWTOR server is several times larger then a GW2 server, so on an aggregate population basis, the game populations are similar.

- Are you seriously that naive to believe that? In its prime, with over 200 servers, SWTOR was estimated to have 350k concurrent users (with ~2 million subscribers total). Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/03/research-firm-swtor-has-350-000-peak-concurrent-users/

Guild Wars 2 on the other hand has 460k according to Arena Net themselves: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/

Try and convince me now how "populations are similar". Please tell me how SWTOR's current population comes even close to that of GW2, when it could not match its concurrent players in its prime?

2) There are no PvP servers in GW2.... only server vs server. A completely different mechanic... so you even comparing the two is pointless and silly.

- Exactly, there are cross-server queues and it doesn't matter what server you are on.

3) Those 6 PvP servers you are boasting about in SWTOR, they are also the lightest loaded servers in the server farms. In fact, many of those servers provide chronic complaints from players about how bad their server populations are. Some are even so bold as to declare that PvP is all but dead on some of those servers.

Lower population or not, it is still over a third of the servers dedicated to PVP. And guess who is to blame for the exodus of PvP-ers? The incompetent developers. The argument that "PvP-ers" are irrelevant falls flat on its face and is a really pathetic self-defense mechanism used to justify the lack of basic features.

5char

Yet again, nonsense regarding the Cartel Market. Respond on threads regarding issues that actually *********** MATTER!
What?

Translation: there's none or few yellow posts in threads about things he cares about so he's upset when there's yellow posts elsewhere.

Several things are flawed in your quote of yourself.... besides being radially off topic for this thread:

1) a SWTOR server is several times larger then a GW2 server, so on an aggregate population basis, the game populations are similar. But server counts, and similar population numbers tell us exactly ZERO about PvP in either game.

But, hey.... you keep on calling other people names and trying to make nonsense cases and non sequitur comparisons between two radically different PvP environments in two radically different MMOs. At least it is somewhat entertaining to watch the hyperbole.

Are you saying that PVP just isn't as popular or as populated as people like to pretend it is? And that PVPers may well be a loud but small group of players?

Astonishing!

Sorry but you're talking out your backside. The guy just gave you facts, so you should kinda learn to accept them

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Eric, I went ahead and decided to buy a few Hypercrates again and specifically purchased the Shipment One crate based on this "embargo" thread. Why is the Shipment One pack still available to purchase? I love and support this game but I gotta say that I feel a bit cheated cause my money could have went towards more of the new packs. I will still be able to sell what I purchased but this kinda rubs me the wrong way. Thanks.

Eric, I went ahead and decided to buy a few Hypercrates again and specifically purchased the Shipment One crate based on this "embargo" thread. Why is the Shipment One pack still available to purchase? I love and support this game but I gotta say that I feel a bit cheated cause my money could have went towards more of the new packs. I will still be able to sell what I purchased but this kinda rubs me the wrong way. Thanks.

probably because they sold a lot of the SO1H and decided to keep it up a bit longer to reap in a few more sales, or they got busy and forgot.

Personally, I hope they go 50% off before they really take them off the market.

probably because they sold a lot of the SO1H and decided to keep it up a bit longer to reap in a few more sales, or they got busy and forgot.

Personally, I hope they go 50% off before they really take them off the market.

If they discount them after the announced embargo date then I'd demand a refund :)

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Was this a lie?