Assault on Tython > scaling question.

Greetings,

So My operative is 75 and Irating > 275

My friend is Powertech shield tank 75 and Irating > 265

We cued up for a random and pulled Assault on Tython.

We had with use two dps > lvl 28 and lvl 33. They were not focusing on the tanks target and were kinda leapin' around to thier own targets.

Even with that I should have been able to heal everyone in range. The first few clusters of encounters with 3 silvers and 3 standards were killing everyone and burning the tank down very fast.

Keep in mind this was in veteran not master. We wiped 5 times just trying to clear bridges and folks got frustrated and quit the group.

I know how to heal and whats odd is my heals were ticking for about 1200 /hps on the basic probe. In other veteran fps > Athis, Hammer, CZ Meltdown, my heals tic for about 4500.

Is there something on my end I need to fix or is this just a quirk with AoT and AoK ? What is the reason behind this?

We had with use two dps > lvl 28 and lvl 33. They were not focusing on the tanks target and were kinda leapin' around to thier own targets.

Honestly? I think you and your friend need to read a few tanking guides. The tank doesn't have 'a' target, they're supposed to focus the boss/elites, and try to grab the trash with aoe's/mass taunt.

The dps are supposed to go after the weaker enemies first, so NOT the 'tank's target'. If the dps/tanks are all on one target that means all the trash will go straight for the healer.

I can't answer your question as to the healing, since I only heal MM now. and just go dps when I do vet fp. I've done Tython vet a few times without problems, but not with only lowbie dps.

I do know that dps scoundrel heals are as strong in vet Tython as in other flashpoints. I don't see why actual heal specs would be nerfed, but there have been some odd bugs popping up since 6.0 dropped.

There has been weird stuff going on with some flashpoints and scaling. I can't say much for veteran mode, I'm not playing them that much, but on a few occasions on MM we've had 3 people joining with 59 veteran's edge stacks, and one with 30. Max should be 30. Once we got Battle of Rishi MM, but it felt like VM because everything melted so fast, and tank barely got tickled on the last boss. We had one underleveled dps in the group, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it was just a random glitch. If weird stuff happens in MM, can't wee why it wouldn't happen in VM also. We've been lucky to have them undertuned though.

I'm a bit surprised you even got Tython to pop though, as higher level fps aren't supposed to pop for lower level players anymore. I don't know the exact level limits, but 28 sounds really low for Tython.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I agree with the OP, something is fishy with the scaling here, went in here with my Marauder (75) 297 rating gear and level 50 Companion on heals, sometime ago I was able to solo this FP on veteran but this time around the standard adds melted my life away so fast my companion couldn't even get a heal off. We were dead within seconds. Perhaps this could be looked into, just my thoughts.

Thanks,

jester15x

Edited by Irigio

Hello,

I agree with the OP, something is fishy with the scaling here, went in here with my Marauder (75) 297 rating gear and level 50 Companion on heals, sometime ago I was able to solo this FP on veteran but this time around the standard adds melted my life away so fast my companion couldn't even get a heal off. We were dead within seconds. Perhaps this could be looked into, just my thoughts.

Thanks,

jester15x

If it was before 6.0 then everything was totally different.

Before 6.0 vm mobs couldn't really kill you, now you can get pretty much 1 shot by a pack of trash if you don't use any DCD.

Think I've seen strong caster mobs doing 50k a hit.

Edited by Gyronamics

If it was before 6.0 then everything was totally different.

Before 6.0 vm mobs couldn't really kill you, now you can get pretty much 1 shot by a pack of trash if you don't use any DCD.

Think I've seen strong caster mobs doing 50k a hit.

Yet, I just completed Blood Hunt on Vm and had no problems and there are people who can Solo Master Mode Flashpoints so again it is definitely a scaling problem.

Edited by Irigio

Thanks for the replies. I disliked Assault on Tython anyway. It just seems like the scaling here is off. If you can do Blood hunt with the expectations you normally have but regular trash on AoT is murdering you, something feels off.

I've noticed a few "scaling" problems as well. My 306 geared Gunslinger has no problem with most PvE content, but lately I've noticed it being really squishy in some flashpoints (e.g. Korriban). Even in a vet mode with a healer - poof!, I'm dead before I can even react. 🤔

I'm fairly sure it has to do with what specs are adjusted by the level sync, versus my particular specs. I just need to remember to look into it - right after I remember to fix my "cover" skillbar, which got messed up when I accidently left it unlocked and dragged some skills off it. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

The experience i've had is that the fp's seem to be balanced for level 75 and going in at low level was a struggle.

With that said tython is not hard if you know what to do and it doesnt sound like the dps and tank were doing things right.

Honestly though, i can only think of 2 problematic areas. The groups before the generators, they can hurt. So, weak mobs need fast killing and silver ones stunning. The other one would be the first boss. The damage looks overtuned at times. You just have to be quick to kill the adds and get out of the aoe's.

Edited by Nemmar

I walked into AoT and BH just now to study the mobs.

There's a difference all right.

Blood Hunt VM is meant for 4 players and the trash in it is so weak it took 15 seconds for the initial pack to kill me standing afk with no healing. The trash all the way through this FP is incredibly weak.

Meanwhile the same level requirement of 53 (a level 28 and 33 can't queue for it) is on AoT where a guard pack will do about 29,000dps and crush you if you let all of them hit one player with no mitigation ready.

I expect Blood Hunt has deliberately weak trash to compensate for how many pug groups failed on the double mandalorian boss.

AoT VM has nothing that 4 players can't handle, I can imagine a few classes really struggling to solo the 4m instance but so what, classes are not equal at all things.

Edited by Gyronamics