Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

Seterade
11.14.2019 , 08:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
According to the theorycrafting discord, the breakpoint for critical is at 3,000 rating. After that you want to focus on power over critical rating.
3k is lower than 6.0 bolster crit

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 08:39 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
It is interesting that it's so much lower. I assume it has something to do with the overall stat pool, particularly mastery, being much less than the latter stages of 5.0.

TrixxieTriss
11.14.2019 , 10:26 AM | #23
According to the theorycrafting discord, the breakpoint for critical is at 3,000 rating. After that you want to focus on power over critical rating.
Good to know, thanks

Jinre_the_Jedi
11.14.2019 , 10:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
That's part of the reason why 3k is the magic number you wana aim for, the way that bolster works with our current gear level. If you're an equally competitive individual like myself and actually have an affinity for theorycrafting, I implore you to read this google doc by /u/attentaeter7 on reddit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yty...HZ9oBgohZ/view

It breaks down exactly how they got to that number and why, showing all the formula used along the way. If you're also interested in more theorycrafting stuff pm me and I can give you a link to the discord which has a ton of useful resources such as diminishing returns formulas for all stats, optimized min/max targets down to the exact modifications you want to use in your gear and everything.

Rion_Starkiller
11.14.2019 , 01:27 PM | #25
That's part of the reason why 3k is the magic number you wana aim for, the way that bolster works with our current gear level. If you're an equally competitive individual like myself and actually have an affinity for theorycrafting, I implore you to read this google doc by /u/attentaeter7 on reddit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yty...HZ9oBgohZ/view

It breaks down exactly how they got to that number and why, showing all the formula used along the way. If you're also interested in more theorycrafting stuff pm me and I can give you a link to the discord which has a ton of useful resources such as diminishing returns formulas for all stats, optimized min/max targets down to the exact modifications you want to use in your gear and everything.
I don't think this is confirmed by others yet... so i'd take it with a grain of salt, especially the part where he says Mastery > Power. But he's right about the 2800 - 3100 crit range, AFAIK.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 01:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I don't think this is confirmed by others yet... so i'd take it with a grain of salt, especially the part where he says Mastery > Power. But he's right about the 2800 - 3100 crit range, AFAIK.
One of the docs on the theorycrafter discord has higher optimal crit values for some classes. I'm not a theorycrafter myself (in the sense that I don't create the theories, though I do consume them greedily ), so I have no opinion on which is closer to right. Hopefully things will start to look clearer in a few weeks.

ottffsse
11.15.2019 , 09:12 AM | #27
I think the 2800-3100 crit range is for "weapon damage" classes fyi. Anything with pure force attacks has a somewhat higher crit cap. That was the case in 5.x, so translating those numbers you would only start seeing diminishing return on sorc crit if you are like near 4000.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

JediMasterAlex
11.15.2019 , 09:26 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
I think the 2800-3100 crit range is for "weapon damage" classes fyi. Anything with pure force attacks has a somewhat higher crit cap. That was the case in 5.x, so translating those numbers you would only start seeing diminishing return on sorc crit if you are like near 4000.
That's what I thought would be the case too, but I haven't seen any of the math people come to that conclusion yet.

Rion_Starkiller
11.15.2019 , 10:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
That was the case for Lightning sorcs in 5.x because of the +5% alacrity built into the spec. This freed up 600+ points, so people had 2000+ crit stat on sorcs. I'm not sure about L'ing in 6.0 yet, but I think that L'ing is the only spec that can easily hit the 1.3s gcd threshold if they so desire. Alternately, you could run 2.5% alacrity and dump the rest into crit and power.

You're right though -- personally I use far more crit in pvp than I do in pve. Big crits = kills imo. But every class/spec is different. So take this kind of general info with a grain of salt.

And does anyone even use 110% accuracy in pvp?
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Mycroft-Tarkin
11.15.2019 , 01:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
t in pvp than I do in pve. Big crits = kills imo. But every class/spec is different. So take this kind of general info with a grain of salt.
I go with the same principle. Sage is the only class I bother with Alacrity because it's more of a "might as well" since you only need a bit more than 2% which is not a lot. For other classes I don't feet Alacrity matters a lot, because unlike PvE, in PvP you don't have 100% "uptime" to make full use of the reduced GCD. There's a lot of chasing, turning, getting stunned, rooted, using DCDs in between that there's very little time when you're actually consecutively using abilities one after the other without any break at all. At least, that's how I think of it and I stack everything into crit/power too.