Is bodyguard merc still bottom in healers

Castnet

Is the Bodyguard merc still the bottom of the pack in healer with the lowest heal output? It seems that when i play my operative or sorc healers they seem to be putting out a lot more heal power than the Merc does and the merc is the one that is geared.

So i ask again is the Merc Bodyguard the lowest ranked healer in PvE in regards to heal output?

My utility points are thus:

Skillful 3,4 / Masterful 1,4 / Heroic 3,5 / Legendary 2,5

OR

am i doing something wrong

please keep your smart *** comments to yourself im looking for real answers not someone who has a huge ego and wants to put others down

Any feedback would be good as long as its constructive and answers the question i have asked

Cheers

I didn't think so. I'm not very good at op/scoundrel heals and they seem weaker to me but I'm just not used to the slower heals. With my commando/merc healer I find that the healing is way better/easier with the shield on everybody especially the tank. Kinda like the bubble for sage/sorc or the 2 slow release med packs on ops/saw. Then I throw the green splashy stuff down. The rest of the heals seem to be stronger with those two first established.

Also, use the one ability that makes Tech override give you the next skill instant. That's pretty great for your "OH Bantha poop" moments. I'm not in the game so I don't know if your numbers are one of those.

I'm also constantly using the group heal skill (only if others besides tank are taking hits of course). It drains your power faster, but there's ways to get that back up too. But drop that splashy stuff first! :)

If I were to heal a NiM op.... my order of preference would be sage/sorc heals, commando/merc heals, op/saw heals.

Edited by Zerileth

In terms of sheer hps, oper and sage will be higher (in that order i think).

But speaking as a tank, I'd rather have a mando than an oper all other things being equal. Frankly, what kills me as a tank is not sustained dtps, its spikes (or you know, standing in stupid :) )

And what oper lacks is any kind of spike healing. It has amazing aoe, and keeping a something up is not difficult especially if you are proactive with probes, but there is not nearly the room for error there is with a sage (and to a lesser degree, mando).

Is bodyguard merc still bottom in healers?

No for endgame PVE it is on top right now.

• Mercs have the highest single target burst healing at the moment and a decent aoe healing for group. high healer dps.
  • Sorcs have a better mobility, absorb bubble, but a lack of good aoe healing abilities and lower dps.imo they are best suited for tank healing.
  • Operatives are a real weapon. but this depends on your complete raid group and the skill of your co-heal. they have the highest hps, due to their great group healing, but a total lack of burst healing.

The most players dedicated to healing play all 3 specs.

the answer is: yes!

but don't care about numbers, because there is not a single reason,

why not to invite a merc healer to a group.

just take the operative for an example. this is the way best healer in the game,

played by the right player. but this class is harder to master and the number of

well played operative healers is quit low. so more groups would prefer a sorc or

a merc over a operative, because the most fail in playing this class.