A New Class: Is It Still Possible In SWTOR?

Ylliarus

What the OP said is nearly impossible. Because of just one reason: dev team consists of literally less than 10 people nowadays. Nobody will spend year or more of time and huge amount of money to implement such update in the game that is already dying (or at least people here say so).

Imperial Trooper (that i dream about since day one) or SIS Agent for Republic? Here the chances are higher, but not too much.

Edited by Kraysk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the OP said is nearly impossible. Because of just one reason: dev team consists of literally less than 10 people nowadays. Nobody will spend year or more of time and huge amount of money to implement such update in the game that is already dying (or at least people here say so).

Imperial Trooper (that i dream about since day one) or SIS Agent for Republic? Here the chances are higher, but not too much.

The game is not dying and most likely won't be for years to come. Some people on the internet also claim the Earth is flat, so there you go, you can't trust people on the internet ;)

I do agree that my example in the OP would require a lot of development time. Hence why it was only an example of what I would do if it were up to me. The much more likely scenario is that we might, and that's a big "might", see third advanced classes added to the 8 existing classes, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by Ylliarus

A proper dark Jedi who’s path leads from light to dark by killing Satele Shan or other council members who find out about the Jedi’s dark secret.

Along the way they become a Sith apprentice and learn skills like Force Lightning. Eventually they kill their master to become a Darth.

The class becomes a mix of Jedi Warrior crossed with a Sorc. Half melee and half ranged, but with limited self heals or none. Just good DCDs on long timers to make up for the insane amount of dps they could do.

The opposite could happen for a Sith, but my imagination isn’t good enough to properly describe how they could do it.

I guess my inner dark side desires for my Jedi are stronger than my inner light side feelings for my Sith. LoL.

I think the opportunity to do this was in KotFE, with a hero class starting lvl 60. And maybe 2 specializations, knight of Zakuul (something like Senya) and Scion of Zakuul (something like Heskal).

Now it doesn't seem probable, but I like the Sith Alchemist and Jedi Seer/Healer idea. It could be one class with a short introduction questline. For what we know of 6.0, there is a big war again with Republic and Empire. And at the beginning of KotET the Voss join the Alliance and go to the war outside their homeworld. So could be a good time for them to join the conflict and perhaps play as a Voss Mystic (something like Sana-Rae), who after a short intro quest chain in Voss could choose the specialization and the faction that comes with it (Sith Alchemist if join the Empire and Jedi Seer/Healer if join the Republic).

Thing is they already made the Alliance, so there goes that part.

Yeah but like that's stupid as all hell and what Totem's suggesting is cool and totally Star Warsy and actually makes sense in the storyline. :rolleyes: They also have like more than 3 ships and 2 Blaster Rifles with some ammo.

I was the "commander" too. No way I let even one Zakuulian live let alone stick around and waste my time on those idiots. There's a reason some ships can drop bombs. Here...watch this....

Zakuul = Asteroid field.

Odesson = Asteroid field.

As the Alliance Commander I hereby demolish the Alliance. All former Zakuulian space is hereby annexed to the Empire. Please bare in mind that the Empire doesn't care about concepts such as fair, reasonable, or peaceful. Collateral damage is just a bonus.

All Republic citizens, you should run home at lightspeed and tell your leaders I'll be stopping by really soon to show you what Coruscant looks like as an Asteroid field. Please inform all Twi'lekki chicks me and Totem will be borrowing them soon for a while.

Watch, it'll be cool, trust me.

:eek:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

This topic just makes me sad....:(

Imagine what could've been if all the resources that were put into kotfe/et had been directed toward new classes, new races, and maybe even new storylines for vanilla LI's.

Can i please have the ship droid as a LI?

Edited by bluehufsa

Yeah but like that's stupid as all hell and what Totem's suggesting is cool and totally Star Warsy and actually makes sense in the storyline. :rolleyes: They also have like more than 3 ships and 2 Blaster Rifles with some ammo.

I was the "commander" too. No way I let even one Zakuulian live let alone stick around and waste my time on those idiots. There's a reason some ships can drop bombs. Here...watch this....

Zakuul = Asteroid field.

Odesson = Asteroid field.

As the Alliance Commander I hereby demolish the Alliance. All former Zakuulian space is hereby annexed to the Empire. Please bare in mind that the Empire doesn't care about concepts such as fair, reasonable, or peaceful. Collateral damage is just a bonus.

All Republic citizens, you should run home at lightspeed and tell your leaders I'll be stopping by really soon to show you what Coruscant looks like as an Asteroid field. Please inform all Twi'lekki chicks me and Totem will be borrowing them soon for a while.

Watch, it'll be cool, trust me.

:eek:

A lot of ur ideas are Stupid too, and have no relevance to people like me, but i didn't say that before. About half of us want the Alliance as a 3rd faction, so u callig it a stupid idea is way overblown.

A lot of ur ideas are Stupid too, and have no relevance to people like me, but i didn't say that before. About half of us want the Alliance as a 3rd faction, so u callig it a stupid idea is way overblown.

Okay, fair enough, let me re-word that than.

I think the concept of the Alliance as a 3rd faction option given what has transpired in the story already, it stupid as hell, in my opinion.

I do support it as an option and have said so numerous times.

I feel it's stupid to go through with it because the only way it works is if it's weak, powerless, and as a lackey to either the Empire or the Republic because it's defenseless and has no military of any kind.

I'm the "Commander" as well. I'm not allowing it to survive because I'm a Dark Lord of the Sith, and I went there to kill them all because they thought it was a good idea to subgugate the Empire while I was on Ice and not kill me.

That's the stupid part I was referring to btw. They were stupid not to kill me.

And...that's why they're gone now.

And that's why Zakuul and Oddesson are asteroid fields now. Unless of course it's your opinion that I should be forced as a player to not want to destroy them, that I should be forced to betray my home faction, that I should be forced to give a rat's *** about Zakuulians, that I should have to want to join a 3rd faction and betray my own people for no good reason, and I should have to want to let even one Zakuulian every draw breath again.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, should I have to do any of those things? Because the only way I will do any of those things is if I don't have a choice and they tell me in story that that is what I have to do against my own will.

Or is that wrong too, I am wrong for even having those opinions at all?

It's a stupid choice for a 3rd faction because it has no power, no influence, no military, and no reason to be left alive.

Without it sucking unto the Republic or the Empire, it stands no chance of surivival, let alone power. Why would anyone want to play the role of a 'leader' of a powerless faction that stands no chance of independent anything and at the same time can only survive by remaining neutral so as to not draw the eeirie of the other faction that is about to go to War with whatever faction it sucks onto and thereby will become a defenseless target in the process.

But, if anyone wants to lead that powerless, influenceless, symbitoc needing 'faction' that has like 30 rounds total for the two blaster rifles it owns, by all means, it should be an allowable choice, and I do mean that.

I just think that if you are going to offer a 3rd faction choice to players, it would probably be a more realitsitc and funner option for that 3rd faction not to have to suck on anything just for it to exist let alone have any influence in the galaxy whatsoever.

Ohh and, just in case perhaps it slipped anyone notice any of the new 'Emperors', the Zakuulians hate your guts, want you gone, want you dead and that's what Theron means when he walks right up to the "Commander" and says "We just had to put down another uprising". Which kinda implies it wasn't the first uprising and there is no reason to assume it was only the second uprising either.

And last time I checked, Uprisings are not for showing support for new leadership, kinda the polar opposite of that. - Think Warsaw Ghetto 'Uprising'.

I'm pretty sure that means the Zakuulians want you dead, which really, I can't imagine how that would surprise anyone. It may have something to do with the fact that you are directly responsible for the destruction of the most powerful Empire the galaxy has ever known [which was theres], taking it from the greatest power to the weakest one that's struggling to kill the most powerless leader in the galaxy [you] who doesn't even have a military of his own.

Unless of course you were considering making a new military with the Zakuulians themselves, ya know, the ones that want you dead and are actively trying to kill you with all those uprisings? I'm sure if they signed up though, it wouldn't be a ploy or anything, I'm sure you could trust them completely. Ceasar was an anomaly after all, right?

You can do whatever you want, I wouldn't even dream of telling you what you can or should do. Just one thing, don't tell me that I am any less of a Commander because I don't like my enemy and I want them gone. There can be a new Zakuulian Empire, there just can't be one in any universe I'm still alive in, that's all I'm saying because I serve the only Empire that ever matters, the Sith Empire. And as far as I am concerned, anyone who is not in service to the Sith Empire, I'm not willing to let them live. Sorry. And just so there is no confusion, yes, that does mean I am attacking the Republic as soon as possible. I'm rather looking forward to it. :cool:

Us Sithlords, we can be such meanies sometimes. :mad: :mad: :D:mad::D:rak_03::rak_04::eek::p

P.S. I'm not sure if you meant to say that half of the playerbase wants the Allaince 3rd faction or if you meant half of 12 people on the forums that declared one way or the other, but, if you did mean to imply that half the player base wants the whatever the F u plan on calling the 3rd faction because it sure as hell isn't an alliance anymore, if you mean half want that, I'm calling BS on that right now. heh

You maybe, maybe have 1/4 [25%] who want that, and I think that is massively being kind.

But, lets say your right, lets say it's half, no, let's say its 75% percent that want that.

I don't care what they want. Why would I? That's not happening in any Universe I'm still alive in. Kill me and it's all yours. You better go back in time first tho and kill me because if you wait until I was already the Commander of the Alliance, you're screwed. I don't allow Zakuulians to live. Never. Not even one of them who isn't in a slave collar mining some crap somewhere in the The Empire until he staves to death because I'm so damn mean, which, I admit, I am. I kinda bought into that whole all dressed in black, red sabers, immoral kinda sithlordy meaniehead, I don't mind killing people who piss me off kinda, not really forgiving people type of person who apparently Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious and some other Darthy people apparently read about in social studies and decided they wanted to be like one day when they grew up and enslaved the galaxy.

Pretty cool right? ;)

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

This Alliance thing needs rethinking. We have no people, no resources, no ship & no power.

One idea : find the Spirit of Vengeance ( Mandalore the Vindicated's flagship) and turn it into Commander's replacement for the Gravestone. Sure, it is not as cool as the Gravestone, doesn't have an Omnicanon (or does it? ). Since there isn't a lot of info about the SoV, we don't know what does it have, elements could be added easily : beskar plating, energy shield & other cool Mandalorian toys.

Another idea : pass the Alliance leadership to someone else and go home to your faction if you wish to do so. I dislike the idea of being forced to be the Commander because i want to see the galaxy burn, destroy Zakuul from the orbit ( or enslave it) and then have a diet coke & a vegan burger in the Dromund Kaas cantina.

This Alliance thing needs rethinking. We have no people, no resources, no ship & no power.

One idea : find the Spirit of Vengeance ( Mandalore the Vindicated's flagship) and turn it into Commander's replacement for the Gravestone. Sure, it is not as cool as the Gravestone, doesn't have an Omnicanon (or does it? ). Since there isn't a lot of info about the SoV, we don't know what does it have, elements could be added easily : beskar plating, energy shield & other cool Mandalorian toys.

Another idea : pass the Alliance leadership to someone else and go home to your faction if you wish to do so. I dislike the idea of being forced to be the Commander because i want to see the galaxy burn, destroy Zakuul from the orbit ( or enslave it) and then have a diet coke & a vegan burger in the Dromund Kaas cantina.

When I get back to the Empire and hopefully re-instated as Wrath of the Empire I'm gonna need to some good people help spread fear and loathing throughout the galaxy while destroying the Republic.

If you're interested in being a right hand man, jobs yours. I think we'd work great together heh.

" a diet coke & a vegan burger in the Dromund Kaas cantina." - Got a real LOL outta that one! heh

When I get back to the Empire and hopefully re-instated as Wrath of the Empire I'm gonna need to some good people help spread fear and loathing throughout the galaxy while destroying the Republic.

If you're interested in being a right hand man, jobs yours. I think we'd work great together heh.

" a diet coke & a vegan burger in the Dromund Kaas cantina." - Got a real LOL outta that one! heh

Why thank you, my Lord! :D ( btw, where have you been all my gaming life? )

• 1 year later...
I posted asking if the beast master and droid handling Sith in Onslaught could be teasers for new classes but got zero responses. I figured no one was interested then I saw this thread.

This question has been popping up every now and again throughout the years. In the beginning they did respond to it but the bottom line is that it's not going to happen unless something major changes. It's not about technical possibilities but about SW lore and what they agree with Lucasarts. Of course it can also be related to resources because new classes would need new starter planets or at least a class story and we all know that new class stories are not in the cards.

But I'm sure this topic will come up every now and again still. I don't blame people for it. it's not an unreasonable request but it's not very likely in SWTOR.

Oh wow, this thread has been buried for a while...

To answer my own question with the knowledge I have now, I doubt a new class will happen. Sure, it's technically possible but the train for it has long since left the station. Adding the Zakuul Knight would have been the obvious point to add a new class, but since it didn't happen, I think it's highly unlikely it will happen these days in SWTOR.

With new content they could add a Wilder class. Someone who can use the force without being part of the jedi or sith society. This wilder class would use normal weapons of some type and some force related tricks. Since the jedi and the sith react diffrently to such people the very story of both would be different enough to make such a selection valid. One subclass could be more from the techside of things, the other is more the mystic (Voss?) wilder.

The class story on Voss could be special, or even the starting planet for such a class.

Perhaps Disney can do a movie with a hero with such powers. After that they add an expansion with the very roots of this class and character :rolleyes:;)

• 1 year later...
You mean like introduce new classes similar to how Star Trek Online just introduced the Dominion player faction? (start at a high level)

If they were to introduce new classes I would go with Imperial Trooper or Republic SIS Agent.

Now that's just teasing. Republic SiS would be awesome, I'd play that.

Judging by the number of old threads being revived in the forums these days, Necromancer would be the obvious choice. 😂

But realistically it ain't going to happen. The best you might get at this point would be some "class" that is only playable in "level 75+" content. (Unless, of course, they do a complete SWTOR2.0 overhaul.)