Guild email

biththesith

Devs-I see that you are giving the guild the ability to email its members. This is good news, however the current size of an email is very small, at only about half a dozen sentences. Are there any plans to increase this? We have many new members who need help and information but I will end up having to sent masses of emails to get it all in. I like to think I am fairly brief but even I can't do it all in a few sentences. Any thoughts? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Devs-I see that you are giving the guild the ability to email its members. This is good news, however the current size of an email is very small, at only about half a dozen sentences. Are there any plans to increase this? We have many new members who need help and information but I will end up having to sent masses of emails to get it all in. I like to think I am fairly brief but even I can't do it all in a few sentences. Any thoughts? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

LMAO. You just follow the well established twitter model of publishing a book if publishing a book is what you want to do.

But I would submit that most guild members these days don't even have an attention span of 12 sentences in this modern social media world we live in... so adapt and adjust. :p

Clearly.... this is calculated to insure that jamming a book into the mail system in one email does not affect the performance of the in game mail system. ;) And no.. it's not the size of the actual message, it's the fact that they can sit in every guild members mail box for weeks before an auto-delete (if they even auto-delete guild mail messages).

Guild mail is meant to convey important messages to guild members and is a welcome addition.... NOT to be your own personal publishing service.

Edited by Andryah

LMAO. You just follow the well established twitter model of publishing a book if publishing a book is what you want to do.

But I would submit that most guild members these days don't even have an attention span of 12 sentences in this modern social media world we live in... so adapt and adjust. :p

Clearly.... this is calculated to insure that jamming a book into the mail system in one email does not affect the performance of the in game mail system. ;) And no.. it's not the size of the actual message, it's the fact that they can sit in every guild members mail box for weeks before an auto-delete (if they even auto-delete guild mail messages).

Guild mail is meant to convey important messages to guild members and is a welcome addition.... NOT to be your own personal publishing service.

Probably best if the message to all guildies instructed them to go to the guild website at so-and-so location for full news.