What happens when you get your companion back from the terminal

grania

..and then they come back in the story? I'm mostly concerned about the new outfits they come with, I don't want to miss those. But I'm also curious if there is any other oddities to be aware of. Anyone know anything?

..and then they come back in the story? I'm mostly concerned about the new outfits they come with, I don't want to miss those. But I'm also curious if there is any other oddities to be aware of. Anyone know anything?

Nothing odd that I've noticed - I got mine back the 1st day.

Thanks for the replies, but I specifically wondered about what happened when they came back in the story after you had them from the terminal already. I've gotten a few back from the terminal, so I understand what happens with that. But none that subsequently returned in the story. Just wondering what happens to their gear and stuff when that happens.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it well.

Has anybody retrieved a companion that has returned, or were ones that were returning simply not available to get back, if so what happens when the companion returns via the story.

Trooper - I got Aric and Tano Vik back after chapter 9. I didn't kill Tano off and Aric wasn't part of the story yet. Both were fine.

Not at all...the "duplicate" is the same as your original companion. They don't take a new spot, they just stay in their normal spot.

Ok 1 final question, what happens to the gear that was on the companion you retrieved, so for instance the companion I retrieved had say the galvanized infantry armour equipped but the kotfe one comes with the havoc officers uniform on what happens to the galvanized infantry armour, or do you simply not get the new armour set with him?

I hope you understand this muddled attempt at a question.

Well I understood it, lol that's my biggest question but it's not easy putting that particular thought into words :) I wonder if, for example, I strip my companion before starting the the chapter in which they appear, it would result in getting the new armor. Just a thought. *shrug*

Immediately after the launch of 4.0, all our companion's gear was mailed to us. I re-outfitted Vette with Satele Shan's boots and relaxed uniform shirt with black and black dye. That'll all fetch you close to 50 million on the GTN. Based on some observations, I'm NOT expecting any of it back.

Ok 1 final question, what happens to the gear that was on the companion you retrieved, so for instance the companion I retrieved had say the galvanized infantry armour equipped but the kotfe one comes with the havoc officers uniform on what happens to the galvanized infantry armour, or do you simply not get the new armour set with him?

I do :)

TBH, I don't quite recall. I had all my companions in the Havoc Armor set - that all got mailed back to me when 4.0 hit. After getting my companions back, I put it all on them again...but Aric always appeared naked in my stronghold...I figured it was just some crazy cat thing he was doing, so I never mentioned it to him...but this week I did notice that he's now in the new armor he has in Chapter 11. I assume the naked look was from the bug that came with him being naked in Chap 11, but I don't recall ever getting my Havoc Armor back in the mail (the second set I put on him).

As for right now, I'm not certain what armor he actually has equipped...I can check tonight though because now I'm curious :)

Immediately after the launch of 4.0, all our companion's gear was mailed to us. I re-outfitted Vette with Satele Shan's boots and relaxed uniform shirt with black and black dye. That'll all fetch you close to 50 million on the GTN. Based on some observations, I'm NOT expecting any of it back.

Wait, your post confuses me. You say you got Vette's gear in the mail and you put it back on her? After getting her back from the terminal, yes?

I assume the naked look was from the bug

I'm starting to think maybe there's no clear answer because there are too many variables, which includes bugs.

This is what I know for sure: I wanted Quinn back, used the terminal, and he was wearing his old gear I put on him. (I never received anything in the mail.) BUT I also want whatever outfit Quinn will be wearing when he returns to the story officially. SO what I'm going to try to do, is strip Quinn down to his skivvies before I begin the chapter in which he will appear, and hope I don't get naked Jorgan redux.

Edited by grania

I'm not sure what you mean by "terminal." I refit her before I launched the chapters.

Oh I think I see, so you are still waiting for Vette to return. There are two things you can do. One, is use the terminal that's located in your alliance base.. erm.. it's located in a little room on the way to Sana Rae? I think? That brings Vette back. It's not part of the story but it's nice if you're desperate. That's only if Vette is available on the list there.

Or, you could open your companion window and have Vette's gear mailed to you by clicking on Vette, and finding the little button that says reclaim inventory items.

Edited by grania

Actually, yeah, there is something wrong with the comps once you enter the kotfe storyline. They stop getting pre-kotfe influence from missions. I noticed this with tm-34 and xalek when doing the bonus series and manually starting heroics that they would've normally gotten influence from.

What happens is that they appear in their KotFE gear, but as soon as you're released from the cutscene, you can open your inventory and you'll see that their previous gear is now in it. (Edit: above and beyond the KotFE gear they appear in.)

Alternatively, you can go to the contacts page, find the unreturned companion in question, and on the upper right hand side of their dossier there is a "retrieve gear" button which will give you the gear that they had on before KotFE. Side note, you can also do this with Marr and get his (green unmodifiable) lightsaber.

Edited by AngFour