Galactic Living EP2 Livestream Notes

Iwipe

I'm a bit bummed that Coruscant (and presumably DK too) strongholds only have 1 centrepiece hook as opposed to NS (and presumably tatooine). I understand the reasoning behind it, carrot to go for the more costly palace... I just think it's a shame that a stronghold that I find visually by far superior (coruscant vs NS) will be forever a "lower quality" place just because of this.

I love how every time someone finds something they don't like about a stronghold they immediately say it's because BW/EA has and ulterior motive behind it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only two things I not 100% sure I like.

One is that my boyfriend cannot decorate a stronghold that is mine even though for the most part we are sharing. I would like for him to be able to do this.

Two-Guild keys. I would like the guild keys to be a little more specific. There are times you recruit a person for a trial period that you would not want to give permission to decorate or edit a stronghold. We have permission for that in the guild bank where they are limited until they get promoted.

Officers should have more freedom than a trial member who may or may not work out. Just my two cents.

But all in all the housing looks nice.

One side note: Is there a chance you will add Alderaan with housing?

Edited by ScarletBlaze

One is that my boyfriend cannot decorate a stronghold that is mine even though for the most part we are sharing. I would like for him to be able to do this.

Two-Guild keys. I would like the guild keys to be a little more specific. There are times you recruit a person for a trial period that you would not want to give permission to decorate or edit a stronghold. We have permission for that in the guild bank where they are limited until they get promoted.

Officers should have more freedom than a trial member who may or may not work out. Just my two cents.

The devs said you can specify what type of key a guildie is given so if they are a prospect member you set their key to bronze so they can not edit the stronghold or invite people to it.

One side note: Is there a chance you will add Alderaan with housing?

This is one of those things I like the most.

For once, I'll be able to fully decorate something and my girlfriend won't have any saying in the matter whatsoever. May look terrible but at least I can say it was all me. :cool:

I love how every time someone finds something they don't like about a stronghold they immediately say it's because BW/EA has and ulterior motive behind it. :rolleyes:

You're right, I'm being ridiculous here. That'd be like mmo devs using utility as a currency siphoning method on I dunno, 90-150% speed mounts or something. Absurd as we well know, there is no ulterior motive behind white horses being slower than brown ones. Just the way god made them amirite. :rolleyes:

Edited by aeterno

This is one of those things I like the most.

For once, I'll be able to fully decorate something and my girlfriend won't have any saying in the matter whatsoever. May look terrible but at least I can say it was all me. :cool:

Works for you but we wanted to work together on it so doesn't work for us. This is our first game we have played together and wanted to share the decorating.

Works for you but we wanted to work together on it so doesn't work for us. This is our first game we have played together and wanted to share the decorating.

You could try making a suggestion for a change to the key system where in you are allowed to give out one gold key to your stronghold(s). :D

You're right, I'm being ridiculous here. That'd be like mmo devs using utility as a currency siphoning method on I dunno, 90-150% speed mounts or something. Absurd as we well know, there is no ulterior motive behind white horses being slower than brown ones. Just the way god made them amirite. :rolleyes:

Wait what? Horse color doesn't matter a bit in racing... and what do horses have to do with anything?

Are you trying to insinuate that a game that has brown horses (the most common and easily obtained color of horse out there) as lower level mounts while a white horse is a higher level mount is racist or something? Because A) that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard (especially because there's a good chance a black horse mount would be faster AND have fire coming out of its nostrils) and B) it's so irrelevant it has no bearing or whether or not there are any ultirior motives behind the development of any game ever made.

If that wasn't a really weird attempt to invoke racism, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, and wish I had a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head to express my bewilderment.

P.S. If you're trying to say that having a progression model that simultaneously gives players something to strive for and acts as a credit sink is some kind conspiratorial ultirior motive... well, let's just say some people see conspiracies everywhere, and leave it at that.

So make them all as expensive as Tatooine and Nar Shadaa and we're good, yeah?

New droids on the crew skill section of the fleet that will take crafting components and craft decorations

I started watching at some point after this was mentioned. Does this mean that "crafted" decorations are merely purchased with crafting materials instead of actually using any of the crafting skills? Or is this in addition to the crafting options that we're going to get?

I just returned to the game after a long absence. My achievement list is almost empty despite having 5 lvl 50s when I quit. So the part where you get decoration unlocks based on achievements is not good news to me.

Yeah, achievements will kick in more as you work your way to 55. You should have some now though. The day they were implemented, I remember several unlocking right after I logged in so double check. Nevertheless, it isn't hard to rack them up fast.

I started watching at some point after this was mentioned. Does this mean that "crafted" decorations are merely purchased with crafting materials instead of actually using any of the crafting skills? Or is this in addition to the crafting options that we're going to get?

They didn't really elaborate on the point, but I would assume you craft components and then use those as some sort of currency to trade for completed directions. So you likely aren't going to be waiting an hour+ for a companion to do a crew mission. Thats my assumption, anyway.

Players cannot visit your stronghold listed on public listing unless you are online. You will need to give keys to people if they want to visit offline.

Not sure about that, at least make subbed strongholds being accessible

Visiting opposite faction’s stronghold (including your own). Need to pay a fee to get smuggled across. Might be free for smugglers.

Interesting

Travel options There are four: Planet, last location, fleet, starship

Nice, hopefully with decent cooldowns

Is there a rent? No rent

Would have been very nice, along being able to sell decorated strongholds on the GTN

Personal stronghold cannot be decorated by anyone else. Exception is guild stronghold in which guild members can edit.

Could have been very much welcome as some could really use other's help (ex.: Jack and Eric) to do so especially since you can't rent it.

Are there day/night cycles inside your strongholds? No day/night cycles

Lighting can affect the room in some ways but not completely as the room already have natural lightning. So you can’t make a room pitch black for example.

You cannot dye decorations

Would have expected that for a 2014 system

Interactive decorations: Appearance modification station, item modification, legacy stronghold storage, guild bank, mailbox, stronghold directory, GTN.

Good stuff, still not as good as GTN and maibox on iDatapads.

And I might be wrong still seems to me we won't be able to organize our stuff in cabinets or chests.

Chat inside stronghold: You will see the planet chat. We know lots of people want to see the fleet chat, it is something we are still talking about.

Fleet chat has to be in a different channel so players can select which one they want

Freeform vs hook system – We want to make it easy for the average player to utilize as decorating can be difficult with a freeform system.

This system is more cumbersome than free placement also watch during the vid how they struggled to move the items in the right direction. Note that Jack admitted to have decorated one of the rooms hundred times, still he can't do it right the first time...

Can you sell/buy decorations on the GTN – Yes, especially for crafting. There are also tradeable decoration components involved with Guild flagships etc that are hard to get and features an unique system we have not put in the game before.

Good

Mannequins to decorate your armor? – You can display companions wearing them.

Politician answer...

Training dummies – Not sure, need to ask Jack.

Hopefully

Are strongholds embedded into the environment or instanced? – They are instanced.

Knew it was way too much to ask

All in all could have been nice with the hook system topped by a free placement advanced mode.

Look how he can't even place two chair close to a table in the vid and he can only put large items like 3 feets off the hook.

To me it's clear you'd rather have players leave the game than eventually have messy interiors.

Very sad.

Edited by Deewe

Yeah, although it is my favorite feature, I certainly wouldn't say I am good at it. Part of me wanted to go to Jack's desk and have him pull up his Stronghold just to see the look on his face. I am a ruiner.

-eric

Sorry to be blunt but Jack isn't that much better than you, at least from what we saw in the vids.

Or is it because the hook system is too limited?

Bring me a hook less system then we can talk.

Why should I? I'm satisfied with what I've seen thus far.

In fact, I'm far more worried than some decorations I'm looking forward to may not make the cut initially, when GSH is first released.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Why should I? I'm satisfied with what I've seen thus far.

In fact, I'm far more worried than some decorations I'm looking forward to may not make the cut initially, when GSH is first released.

Well you asked for nice examples, such things need the right tools ;)

Bout the items don't worry, I would be more concerned to know for how much they'll come in the CM now.

That being said a few hints to show where to find some nice stuff in a now extinct galaxy

But then they have to put off complaining. That's simply not an option.

Yeah yeah, same thing happened with the tunnel shooter, I don't see the Biodrones of that time around anymore.

Anyway here's some fun stuff for your eyes:

Another great one

BTW just you know the author of these vids worked on SWTOR

Edited by Deewe

Yeah yeah, same thing happened with the tunnel shooter, I don't see the Biodrones of that time around anymore.

Anyway here's some fun stuff for your eyes:

Another great one

BTW just you know the author of these vids worked on SWTOR

Meh, the tunnel shooter went practically unsupported. If they continued to release additional levels and new mechanics, it would have been just fine.

That video was ...special. Nice use of the SWG emotes and pretty good VA, but I really can't stand the music. Well, it's sort of music... I don't really see how it was relevant though.