The Potential of the Rakata

Enferes

I've been with Bioware's vision since KOTOR. The Rakata have been an interesting creation that, while used, has also been neglected. I'm surprised that certain ideas (make the Rakata a playable race or perhaps a companion, have an expansion dealing with an ancient Rakata/Rakate threat) have not been used. Such would have been more interesting than Vitiate's hobby as a benevolent ruler. Vitiate's reveal to be an ancient Rakata (likely following the discovery of a mind prison or locked in an ancient prison) would have been an excellent means to reveal how he is so powerful, knew of the Star Forges, etc.

The Rakata and their Infinite Empire were definitely one of the most interesting things about Star Wars in my opinion. I don't think Rakata as a playable race would work, if I recall when the Devs set the standard for new playable races they would have to be humanoid and speak basic, the Rakata fill only one of those criteria. Not to mention animation issues one might have with their unique head type, as for helmets I suppose they could do it like Togruta and have it default not on. And I wouldn't mind learning more about the Rakata, especially as to what happened to the Elders after the events of KOTOR I.

And no offense no... just no. Tenebrae being a Rakata wouldn't make any sense and would create even more plotholes, I definitely don't object to learning as to how he found out about the Star Forge in the first place or even exploring his early years. But making him someone else... nah, I don't think it's necessary for his story.

I'm more interested in the machines built by the Rakata and their potential such as ...

The Star Forge, a massive shipyard ...

The Mother Machine, a device that created new forms of life to serve the Rakata.

Having more information on Asha, if I recall that's what the mother machine calls herself, would be very nice.

Edited by FlameYOL

Having more information on Asha, if I recall that's what the mother machine calls herself, would be very nice.

Heh yeah, that's it! That thing was creating new races and altering people with ease and it was complaining it wasn't at it's full potential! :o Who knows what it can do if you unlocked it's chains.