Jedi Sentinel or Sniper For PVE & PVP Leveling?

thedogwredeyes

Since both classes provide great dd and both classes have great stories the real question comes down to range or melee. Sentinel (apart from a few skills) and melee, the sniper(apart from a few skills) is ranged.

Both classes are great in pve have not done much pvp so can not tell you how good they are there.

If you really can not decide do what I did ...and level both :D

If I were you I wouldn't use PVP to level either character which I did for the sentinel. First I was way overpowered for the PVE area class missions and way under-geared for the sidequest missions for my level. Second, and I did not know this going in, PVP players take their PVP experience very seriously and hate it when someone shows up that underleved, geared, inexperience etc. I actually sympathize because I'm diminishing the only reason they play the game and I would hate it if someone did that for all the story content I'm interested in.

PVP players take their PVP experience very seriously and hate it when someone shows up that underleved, geared, inexperience etc. I actually sympathize because I'm diminishing the only reason they play the game and I would hate it if someone did that for all the story content I'm interested in.

I have never had someone complain about my low level in PvP matches, and a level 11 can top the scoreboard. As long as you play intelligently (IE, the objectives) you can absolutely contribute well to a warzone. I would not get discouraged from entering them on that basis. :)

I am having trouble deciding which i want to pvp on. I have tried them both they are both fun, please help me decide! :D

Both are strong for PvE and PvP. They both suck levels 10-35, then start to peak in the late 30's. Pick sentinel for melee and snipers for range. Sentinel is much more durable and highly mobile, but of course you have to be in melee range.