Please make Blackhole Mk. 1 Gear Bind on Legacy!

It's very frustrating to have nothing worthwhile to drop Blackhole commendations on. For most classes if you're already in full Rakata the Blackhole Mk.1 gear on the vendors is either a small downgrade, sidegrade, or very small ugrade.

Even a mount for 200 Black Hole Coms (like there is for dailies coms) would be something.

Or, letting me trade in Black Hole Coms for Dailies (Like a 1 to 2 raitio?) At least then I could buy Rakata ear/implant pieces to gear up my alts.

I'm up to 106 Black Hole coms now, and nothing to buy. : (

It would make sense to let us use these coms to help gear up our alts.

Edited by Freeborne
Clarity.

You really think it would make sense to gear an alt with practically BiS gear with no effort in actually playing your alt?

106 BH comms? And you've already bought everyting for your main? Is that even possible with the amount of time 1.2 has been out? (I am not trying to call you a liar or anything, this is a serious question.)

*Edit, sorry, nvrmnd. I missed the part where you think MK1 is a downgrade from Rakata:confused:. So you haven't spent any comms I take it?

Edited by Lugosi

It's very frustrating to have nothing worthwhile to drop Blackhole commendations on. For most classes if you're already in full Rakata the Blackhole Mk.1 gear on the vendors is either a small downgrade, sidegrade, or very small ugrade.

Even a mount for 200 Black Hole Coms (like there is for dailies coms) would be something.

Or, letting me trade in Black Hole Coms for Dailies (Like a 1 to 2 raitio?) At least then I could buy Rakata ear/implant pieces to gear up my alts.

I'm up to 106 Black Hole coms now, and nothing to buy. : (

1. You are playing too much, 1.2 has been out only a few weeks.

2. If Rakata gear is superior to Black hole gear (and I haven't compared yet), then that is a problem with the stats on the Black hole gear. So you should save your tokens until this is fixed.

3. If you are gearing up your alt by using BH tokens rather than playtime, it means you will be spending less time logged in, which is not what Bioware wants right now.

Edited by Mustelidaen

2. If Rakata gear is superior to Black hole gear (and I haven't compared yet), then that is a problem with the stats on the Black hole gear. So you should save your tokens until this is fixed.

I still haven't figured out which BH gear I should buy.

As a tank, it seems I should buy the bulwark gear (w/ defense/shield stats on it), but some pieces (like implants) are direct downgrades from rakata, while other pieces like boots differ significantly from campaign boots i.e. BH bulwark boots and campaign war hero boots dont have same stats, but BH gloves and campaign gloves have same stats.

I thought BH gear is same as campaign but without set bonus. The new tier just has me really confused. There's also MK1, Mk2, MK3, and an MK4 which drops from the story mode. Someone please explain this to me. I have 149 BH comms, and the only thing I've bought so far is the earpiece.

Edited by CBRGhostRider

You really think it would make sense to gear an alt with practically BiS gear with no effort in actually playing your alt?

106 BH comms? And you've already bought everyting for your main? Is that even possible with the amount of time 1.2 has been out? (I am not trying to call you a liar or anything, this is a serious question.)

*Edit, sorry, nvrmnd. I missed the part where you think MK1 is a downgrade from Rakata:confused:. So you haven't spent any comms I take it?

I think it would make sense to gear an alt with practically BIS gear because some people can play any class well just by going through the leveling process, asking a few pointed questions, and a little research. Just because the majority cannot, shouldn't exclude the ones that can.

From a tank standpoint on my main, I only have 1 more piece to upgrade and will have that this week, then I will be collecting BH comms for nothing as well.

Have you actually looked at the full item set together? If you lose 3 endurance 45 accuracy and 45 defense but gain 57 absorption 12 aim and 57 shield that is a worthwhile upgrade man, the defense will probbaly be covered somewhere else in the set. Do more research maybe?

You can R/E the mods, enhancements, and armorings in black hole gear as well as the ear pieces and implants. You can also R/E campaign set pieces, weapons, and the relics from the daily vendor, but those don't cost black hole comms.

So if you are biochem, cybertech, or artifce... Technically you can get those items for other characters of your legacy by buying the black hole pieces and R/E'ing them (or their modifications) for the schematics. Even if you already have all the schematics (which is impossible) or they are not upgrades - at least you can get the mats from them to make other pieces. And they're all BoE (at least when crafted), so even if you don't have any of those crew skills, you can use whatever crew skill you have to make credits to buy these BoE items for your legacy characters.

Edited by Semitote

106 BH comms? And you've already bought everything for your main? Is that even possible with the amount of time 1.2 has been out? (I am not trying to call you a liar or anything, this is a serious question.)

1. If you think Blackhole Mk. 1 gear is anywhere approaching Best in Slot you need to look at your numbers.

2. Black Hole Mk. 1 gear IS A DOWNGRADE in stats from Rakata for many classes. (Particularly if you like keeping your class set bonus.) At best all you can do is buy a piece for 60 coms, pull 1 upgrade out of it, and slot it into your rakata gear for a minimal upgrade.

Many don't seem to understand there is a distinct stat difference between Black Hole Mk.1 , Block Hole Mk 2, and black Hole Mk. 3 gear. And we can only buy Black Hole Mk. 1 : P

1. You are playing too much, 1.2 has been out only a few weeks.

3. If you are gearing up your alt by using BH tokens rather than playtime, it means you will be spending less time logged in, which is not what Bioware wants right now.

1. Legacy will have been out for 1 full month in 2 days. If you were full Rakata at launch day you've had 4 weeks to complete story mode, try to take Hard Mode, plus doing your weeklies. I've only done EC Story Mode 4 times, and only full cleared it two of those times, and I've only done the weekly three times. I don't doubt there are players more hardcore than me that probably have more comes saved up than I.

2. Black Hole Mk. 1 gear isn't meant to be a Rakata upgrade. It's meant to help fill in holes where you don't have Rakata gear yet. There's a difference between Black Hole Mk. 1 (which you can buy) and Black Hole Mk. 2 and 3 (which drops off last boss of EC Story Mode, and moreso in EC Hardmode.)

Step 1) Purchase Legacy bound armor.

Step 2) Place Rakata/Campaign mods into armor.

Step 3) ?????

Step 4) Profit.

Hint: Mail to other character. :)

Yeah, I posted a question about that last week. After I discovered I could do that. Bioware removed it, and said they were going to investigate to see if its an xploit or not. Still waiting to hear back, lol.

I have fully legacy gear on an up and coming alt. I'll do that when he hits 50 if it's not revealed to be against the rules by then. : )

1. Legacy will have been out for 1 full month in 2 days. If you were full Rakata at launch day you've had 4 weeks to complete story mode, try to take Hard Mode, plus doing your weeklies. I've only done EC Story Mode 4 times, and only full cleared it two of those times, and I've only done the weekly three times. I don't doubt there are players more hardcore than me that probably have more comes saved up than I.

If I total up what I've spent plus what I currently have, its around 200 Black Hole Comms. I have done the Kaon/Lost Island 2 times, Torvix weekly 3 times, plus Raiding KP NiM and EC every week. EC cleared 3 times on Story and have gotten to Tanks 4 times in HM. I currently have purchased 2x MK-1 Implants (2x 35), Boots (50) and Body (60). Its quite possible to have a high amount of BH Comms. I also was full Rakata before 1.2. Implants were an upgrade for me (Sniper) because I began ripping out mods/enhancements to prioritize stats.

2. Black Hole Mk. 1 gear IS A DOWNGRADE in stats from Rakata for many classes. (Particularly if you like keeping your class set bonus.) At best all you can do is buy a piece for 60 coms, pull 1 upgrade out of it, and slot it into your rakata gear for a minimal upgrade.

There are pieces that are upgrades over rakata for many specs. It can take some searching, but as a commando you have two sets of black hole gear to choose from. Maybe you're a healer and the med-tech is a downgrade, but the same slot of boltblaster Mk 1 is an upgrade, or vice-versa. I'd take the boltblaster Mk-1 legs over the campaign combat medic, for example. It's not ideal, but there are some good mods from Mk-1 gear. If you find a piece you like, you can even buy it multiple times and replace the mods and enhancements in multiple pieces of gear. It's not ideal, or cheap, but it's better than nothing.

Unfortunately, I doubt they'll allow black hold to bind to legacy, as they likely prefer you to continue paying a subscription while you grind it out on multiple characters.

1. If you think Blackhole Mk. 1 gear is anywhere approaching Best in Slot you need to look at your numbers.

Many don't seem to understand there is a distinct stat difference between Black Hole Mk.1 , Block Hole Mk 2, and black Hole Mk. 3 gear. And we can only buy Black Hole Mk. 1 : P

I know it's not BiS in slot, but it is an upgrade from Rakata, atleast for a sorc.

Breakdown,

MK1 armoring: 49 end, 68 will

Rakata armoring: 44 end, 61 will

MK1 mod: 32 end, 53 will, 41 crit

Rakata mod: 29 end, 48 will, 37 crit

MK1 enhancement: 27 end, 41 crit, 57 surge

Rakata: 24 end, 37 crit, 51 Alac (couldn't find the stats for crit enhancement, but it's the same)

So, that is a 12 point increase in willpower, 11 point increase in endurance, 8 point increase in secondary stat, and a 6 point increase in tertiary stat. How is that not an increase?

Now on to set bonuses. Can't speak for your class, but for both classes I play they are garbage.

Sorc DPS, increased alacrity for 4 pieces, lol. The two set bonus got better with the nerf to consumption, but saving 2 force on a skil lthat cost 25, again, lol. I have replaced my set bonus gear for augmentable gear and started puting MK1 modifications in them.

My other class is a healing Operative. The two set bonus is OK, I'm still using it. But the four set bunus again is extremely lackluster. Does anybody even use that heal skill?

You just need to itemize properly. I know it's expensive, I have probably spent over a million credits just moving modifications around. But done properly, it most certainly is an increase. Again, I am speaking for Sorcs and Operatives. I honestly do not know about other classes. But I am pretty sure that each one gets those adept enhancements on some of the MK1 stuff, and they are sexy.

My other class is a healing Operative. The two set bonus is OK, I'm still using it. But the four set bunus again is extremely lackluster. Does anybody even use that heal skill?

You just need to itemize properly. I know it's expensive, I have probably spent over a million credits just moving modifications around. But done properly, it most certainly is an increase. Again, I am speaking for Sorcs and Operatives. I honestly do not know about other classes. But I am pretty sure that each one gets those adept enhancements on some of the MK1 stuff, and they are sexy.

Exactly correct and I totally agree; main is Sniper. It may look like a downgrade, but then you need to look at re-prioritizing you stats. Rakata has a lot of ACC, so pre-1.2 most people ripped out mods which is a credit sink (intended!) and replaced with non-ACC mods. For Sniper BH also has Enhancements that have ACC (level 61) and the Implants also have ACC. With so much ACC to pick and chose from, I chose to go with Implants and rip mods from my main pieces (Head, Hands, Legs, Boots) to stat priorities crit/power/surge since I had enough ACC (Tech110%). Yes this will cost a lot, but I'm sure that was intentional to act as yet another credit sink for high levels.

Here's my current build: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/21baa0a4-65c6-4b8c-840e-449a38ce16d2

You are completely wrong. The mods that are inside of black hole gear are far superior to Rakata stuff. Learn to customize your gear.

You are completely wrong. The mods that are inside of black hole gear are far superior to Rakata stuff. Learn to customize your gear.

^This, as well as learn the ratios when power>primary stat...Switching out alot of my mods with BH mods, have caused me to loose a bit of cunning on my operative healer, but i find his heals are far better then what they use to be. On a side note as an operative healer, you will mainly want the scrapper set... and some other classes have better enhancements if you have alot of BH comms to spare on a small upgrade.

Some pieces do appear to be side-grade or downgrade to Rakata as you said - but you need to look more carefully.

In particular as a tank, some pieces have less endurance but more aim. So I try to avoid these where possible. Implants are better, and currently BiS especially if augmented. Same for earpiece.

And as for the actual armour, since there's no bonus - check if the armourings themselves are better. if not, find the piece of armour that has the best mod/enhancement and keep buying that piece. Then rip them out and thorw them in your Rakata. You'll find the sum of all the these to end up being a pretty decent upgrade.

If you've got Campaign however, well then yeah they're not too useful :p You could always grind an offspec set.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I posted a question about that last week. After I discovered I could do that. Bioware removed it, and said they were going to investigate to see if its an xploit or not. Still waiting to hear back, lol.

I have fully legacy gear on an up and coming alt. I'll do that when he hits 50 if it's not revealed to be against the rules by then. : )

Almost a month has passed since your post and the Legacy Gear transfer of Tionese, Columi, Rakata and above mods is still present in game. So I guess they have no intention of removing this (:):D) my guess is that they realized how many people (like me) would rant on the forums if they did so.

So yay! Got one of my alts to 50 and he recieved a lovely present of Columi gear.

I know it's not BiS in slot, but it is an upgrade from Rakata, atleast for a sorc.

I thinks it's for all classes. One of my guildies already bought the same piece twice, just to boost his power with the mods and the enhancements. BH gear It's an improvement but definetely takes some mod swapping. It's good to know that costs for that will be reduced in 1.3

At best all you can do is buy a piece for 60 coms, pull 1 upgrade out of it, and slot it into your rakata gear for a minimal upgrade.

EXACTLY.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't get this. if you're equipping gear items straight from the vendor, you're doing it wrong. Default gear itemisation ranges from sub-optimal at best to ludicrously bad at worst (see Sage/Sorc healers).

Hell, itemised Columi thrashes vendor Rakata in most cases. If you want true BiS, then you'll be buying Black Hole pieces and doing just what you said. If you don't really care about min-maxing your gear, then that's one thing. But you're complaining because you don't perceive Black Hole to be an upgrade compared to your Rakata, which is completely missing the point. You don't balance your gear at an item level, you balance it at a mod level. When you have an optimal ratio of stats and every armouring/mod/enhancement is 61, then you can be disgruntled about excess Black Hole comms.

I still haven't figured out which BH gear I should buy.

As a tank, it seems I should buy the bulwark gear (w/ defense/shield stats on it), but some pieces (like implants) are direct downgrades from rakata, while other pieces like boots differ significantly from campaign boots i.e. BH bulwark boots and campaign war hero boots dont have same stats, but BH gloves and campaign gloves have same stats.

I thought BH gear is same as campaign but without set bonus. The new tier just has me really confused. There's also MK1, Mk2, MK3, and an MK4 which drops from the story mode. Someone please explain this to me. I have 149 BH comms, and the only thing I've bought so far is the earpiece.

Some people need to actually look at secondary stats before saying things are a "direct downgrade".

The implants for jugg tanks (which I guess you must be from mentioning the bulwark stuff) which you used as an example:

Rakata:

Strength - 77

Endurance - 118

Accuracy - 48

Defense - 37

Black Hole Mk-1

Strength - 93

Endurance -108

Shield - 57

Absorb - 57

And you think thats a direct downgrade? :eek:

Edited by Crixaliss