So.. Account Wide Datacrons

SardaTFK

Well, the +5% buffs gotten from legacy are also like consumables. They're good for 30 minutes, and you have to keep refreshing them. In fact, they're exactly like a reusable biochem stim.

AND, once you've unlocked a +5% class buff, it's available to all characters.

Except that the 5% percent class buff is NOTHING like a consumable. Does it disappear after application? No. It may be a timed buff, but it not a consumable.

You want to say they are like a reusable biochem stim? That may be, but just because my biochem gunslinger has a reusable stim, does not mean my warrior can use it, or gain the benefit when my ginslinger uses it.

Edited by Ratajack

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that the 5% percent class buff is NOTHING like a consumable. Does it disappear after application? No. It may be a timed buff, but it not a consumable.

PetFish was claiming that the reason NOT to include a legacy datacron unlock is that they're like consumables and consumables only affect on character at a time.

I was merely offering a counter argument to his position.

See? We've already started down the "slippery slope" with what BW added already. We've got all the legacy perks they've already added to the game, and here we are in a thread started by someone demanding another because they "earned the right to be lazy".

Remember that great children's book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..."? Sound familiar?

As I said before where does it end?

Remember, I do understand your position about the slippery slope.

I also spoke partially in jest. If I were to type /played on all my toons and add them up, I think anyone would be hard-pressed to call me a "lazy player"

But it is true, that the legacy unlocks I've gotten so far allowed me to skip over content that I had already done on my first character. It could be argued that this is a good thing. In a game as alt-friendly as SWTOR, I would say it is. It actually encouraged me to make alts and try the different storylines because I didn't have to redo the same things over and over again.

:)

Edited by Khevar

We've seen this time and time again, in the argument that "datacron hunting is boring and just a timesink" from many of those wanting the legacy wide datacrons, but those same people argue that something else that others find boring or annoying is fun and so should not available as an unlock.

Are you saying that the primary reason you argue against the legacy datacron unlock is that the people asking for it are being hypocritical, so you want to fight against it just out of principle?

Are you saying that the primary reason you argue against the legacy datacron unlock is that the people asking for it are being hypocritical, so you want to fight against it just out of principle?

No. Just pointing out that there are different reasons for seeing legacy wide datacron unlocks as different than certain other unlocks, and that the most common is the "I want this so I should be able to have it, but I don't want that."

Edited by Ratajack

No. Just pointing out that there are different reasons for seeing legacy wide datacron unlocks as different than certain other unlocks, and that the most common is the "I want this so I should be able to have it, but I don't want that."

I had been a bit uncertain about the point you were trying to make, until I suddenly saw this happen in full force on another thread.

Arlon_Nabarlly is arguing against auto-scaling training dummies on one's ship, a feature that used to be in the game, but now isn't (as of 2.0). And yet, right in his signature, he is promoting the Legacy Datacrons.

So I'm beginning to see your point. He is saying: "I want this thing, but you can't have that thing."

We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

:csw_crawler:

Um, I would love you forever if you implement this and soon. :D

• 6 months later...

Necro FTW!

Came back to the game after quitting about a year ago and been playing again for a while now. It's good to see that about 50% of the stuff that made me quit in the first place has been fixed.

Unfortunately, a quick search showed that this is still broken and Datacrons are still not Legacy wide...

Oh and before I forget: Nerf Operatives! j/k :D

Necro FTW!

Came back to the game after quitting about a year ago and been playing again for a while now. It's good to see that about 50% of the stuff that made me quit in the first place has been fixed.

Unfortunately, a quick search showed that this is still broken and Datacrons are still not Legacy wide...

Oh and before I forget: Nerf Operatives! j/k :D

Feed this thread some brains! Finally a necro used for good. THank you SenseX for responsibly bumping this thread.

We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Cool! I can't wait :D

Cool! I can't wait :D

Given the date of that statement and the lack of anything further from the devs, you may be waiting a VERY long time.

I for one hope that they never cave to the "entitled, have to have it now and for as little effort as possible" crowd on this issue.

Given the date of that statement and the lack of anything further from the devs, you may be waiting a VERY long time.

I for one hope that they never cave to the "entitled, have to have it now and for as little effort as possible" crowd on this issue.

Exactly as you say. Because if there's one thing a game needs, it's more repetition and tedium. That'll make it wildly successful! :rolleyes:

Allowing players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level sounds like a perfect solution for everyone. I can imagine that would cost a small fortune though if the unlocks are not global and character only.

Exactly as you say. Because if there's one thing a game needs, it's more repetition and tedium. That'll make it wildly successful! :rolleyes:

Let's eliminate the need to run those pesky OPS over and over again. Let's give every player who gets a piece of gear from an OPS an equivalent piece on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's give every player who reaches max level the ability to create max level characters. Let's give every player who purchases a piece of PVP gear, and equivalent piece of gear on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's eliminate the need to EVER do anything on more than one character. If a player does something once, all their alts, present and future, should instantly be gifted with the rewards.

After all, they already proved they can do it, and why should they have to go through the repetition and tedium?

I don't think anyone's asking to be "given" legacy-wide datacron buffs at no cost. I think people are, instead, looking for BW to leverage the legacy system to make unlocked datacron buffs purchasable (by some means or another, whether CCs or credits) across a player's legacy. It's just purchased convenience, which is not a particularly unusual theme for BW to employ.

Does this mean handing out free stat bonuses has NOT been promised, but is merely being considered? If so, as Stoofa asked, will this be something that the player base is consulted regarding, or will the dollar signs win out over many people objections?

many people? a few loud people on the forums doesnt a majority make.

Let's eliminate the need to run those pesky OPS over and over again. Let's give every player who gets a piece of gear from an OPS an equivalent piece on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's give every player who reaches max level the ability to create max level characters. Let's give every player who purchases a piece of PVP gear, and equivalent piece of gear on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's eliminate the need to EVER do anything on more than one character. If a player does something once, all their alts, present and future, should instantly be gifted with the rewards.

/signed

After all, they already proved they can do it, and why should they have to go through the repetition and tedium?

Following on the "logic" of the "I want everything for everyone and don't want to have to work for it" I don't think anyone in this thread will disagree with this suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
Nobody said anything about a majority.

... Unless you've gone to Webster and changed the meaning of the word "many" and didn't tell anyone.

go back and read what I quoted... many is not the 3 or 4 people complaining here.

and pvp shouldnt reward lazy people for loosing. you should only get rewarded if you win. stop rewarding lazy losers!!!

Edited by ivanhedgehog

i`d rather have an legacy wide cash+comendation pool. maybe a bank aswell :rak_03:

You already have both.

You can mail cash to anyone in your legacy.

You can likewise use any player's planetary commendations to purchase mods for any other character and mail those mods to the other character.