Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#BringBack2.10TTK

DerSchneider
01.31.2017 , 08:56 AM | #11
Bring back TTK? Bring back godlike net to already OP mercs? Are you mad???
Mercs, maras, snipers and sins are kings in solo ranked because they posess insane burst and good DCDs against it.
While juggs and PTs can be bursted through all their DCDs in seconds, dps sorcs and operatives also lacking and can't survive through this pressure.
Sustained specs are also pile of crap though. So basically you are proposing to give already FOTM classes the ability to singlehandedly global people. Pls no.
2.10 maybe was the best patch for pvp, just because each class was kinda viable.
Nightrain - top 3 Juggernaut season 7, 8, 9

My PVP streams: https://www.twitch.tv/n1ghtrain

jedcjedcjedc
01.31.2017 , 09:18 AM | #12
"remember that time where us dps could kill you in under 4 seconds? ya, that was totally balanced, lets go back to that"

While we're at it, let's also bring back that glitch that allowed jugs essentially one shot people, because that was balanced.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Purgamentorum
01.31.2017 , 11:23 AM | #13
Dps operative lacking survival please don't make me laugh. Have you seen the thrill of the hunt video and how boring ops made it. Even Snave who has something to say on every subject, plays an op exclusively since launch and hosted the event was having a snooze. The point is that healers should have a nerve twitching time keeping players alive. Players with the stealth should have to run or die when you turn around and beat on them. Pure DPS (snipers and maras) should hit like a train but need a healer. Tank/dps classes should do their job with a little advantage of the offspec. And sorcs healers should not be able to solo heal a wz reg or ranked while doing some crafting and reading up on google.

I am not advocating easy kills but with so many dcds, not enough damage, and huge heals (op bug/sorc easy mode) the game is growing stale. No one wants to die but this is a computer game so suck it up and wait for the respawn.

Lhancelot
01.31.2017 , 11:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
I disagree on the healthpool. There would be still enough damage to kill someone in stunlock with hardswitch. The problem is there are way too many escapes.

Sorcheal with 2 breaker and phasewalk. its beyond stupid and hardswitch killer #1
Sniper...dont even get me started on this ******** character, he completely sucks the joiy out of every other class
merc reflect while hardstunned.
Everyone acess to less CD on breaker.
Less dmg. while stunned utility

All this ******** killed hardswitch for teamranked. So sad, it was by far my favorite tactic to play.

You guys remember when healing was all about cleansing and following hardstuns and throwing in explosive probes and not just farming hps like a trainings dummy? good times
The problem is there are too many escapes, too many stuns, too many immunity to CC and/or stuns, basically the CC went completely bonkers over time on this game.

We are dealing with a vast bloat of CC and CC immunities imo.

The focus more than anything now is who uses their CC and CC immunities the best or has the best available.

I have hated the speed increases in combat and all the CC changes since 2.0 and onward tbh.

I used to create whine threads on this topic non-stop ages ago and just accepted this is the meta of PVP for swtor.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

AlrikFassbauer
01.31.2017 , 11:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Purgamentorum View Post
The mando version still has the big green light of "I'm over here and running low on ammo" surely the biggest faction imbalance in the game.
The "Green Beam Of Death" ? Sorcshave something similar, their Lightning. A Sorc using Lightning is as easily spotted as a Commando trying to "do the beam".
Both are radically different in purpose, though.
I was only meaning their visual impact, nothing more.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Savej
01.31.2017 , 11:52 AM | #16
If there were no healers in the game I would be ok with the current ttk. But heals and dps guarders (+ ridiculous amounts of aoe cc) have resulted in way too many games where I see millions of dmg done, even from my conc sentinel, and very few if any kills. A large percentage of reg arenas are about maneuvering to handle the mist (which shouldn't happen, imo) and objectives in wzs are getting capped only by the spamers and cc'ers with dps just being an annoying distraction.

2.10 was one of my favorite times in the game. The current pvp isn't much fun for me at all - been playing other games lately, actually.

Ottoattack
01.31.2017 , 03:12 PM | #17
While 2.10 era had the best class balance, TTK then was way too low. TTK now though is way too high

I think the best solution as we stand right now is to re-instate the healing debuff and then nerf sorc heals to be inline with the other two healers. Remove guard from dps specs. I think that AOE taunt as well should be reduced from 30% to 15%.

jedcjedcjedc
01.31.2017 , 03:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
While 2.10 era had the best class balance, TTK then was way too low. TTK now though is way too high

I think the best solution as we stand right now is to re-instate the healing debuff and then nerf sorc heals to be inline with the other two healers. Remove guard from dps specs. I think that AOE taunt as well should be reduced from 30% to 15%.
I always think it is funny when people think merc heals is in line with the other two.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Coloneli
01.31.2017 , 05:00 PM | #19
Oh god yes please, I missed it so much.

QuiveringPotato
01.31.2017 , 06:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Purgamentorum View Post
Operatives are to much at the moment, they have evasion, roll, stealth, self heal, and the best dps numbers in the game.
LOL. Okay, if you think Lethality's dummy parses are in any way relevant in PVP, you probably shouldn't voice your opinion.

Also, again, since people cannot read.

Literally rolling back to 2.10 is a retarded idea. Abilities would function as they do now. The only complaints I remember seeing back in late 2.0 is that madness sorcs/sins were OP. Dotspecs were good (even without dotspreading), and burst was significant. Healers and tanks required skill to play well.

The direct opposite of current balance now.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel