Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

Sorrowsongg's Avatar


Sorrowsongg
01.25.2012 , 09:58 AM | #21
We now have 118 participants: Keep more votes comming please

If we can get above 500 votes it might be possible to do some real interresting analysis.

//Kamasuthra

Machazareel's Avatar


Machazareel
01.25.2012 , 10:02 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Valsdad View Post
This is going to have to be updated soon. On my server and on plenty of other people's servers that I have spoken to; zerg is getting rolled hard. We end up camping the attacker spawn point on Voidstar more often than not.

I don't think it's even a debate now really and I'm not saying that Republic players are better, but my WZ experience paints a bleak picture for all the zerglings.
That must be something that's pretty server dependent. I main Empire, but the past week I've been PvP'ing a lot on my Vanguard in order to see how things are on the other side. The republic PuGs on the server I've been playing on have often been some of the most disorganised, angst-filled bads I've ever encountered. People running one at a time into groups of enemies, one guy screaming and shouting about how much everyone sucks and when they finally do group up, they'll go after the most heavily defended spot on the map.

However on the server I have my imperial toons on, the win/loss ratio is generally a pretty even spread, and we've got some pretty good republic premade groups like Cadia on Bondar Crystal, along with some good Imp guilds as well.

RG_jhanlec's Avatar


RG_jhanlec
01.25.2012 , 10:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorrowsongg View Post
Hi,

I see a lot of comments regarding that Emp side have a higher winrate than Rep side in WZs.

In order to try to understand if there actually is a demographical difference between the factions I decided to do a Poll to gather background info on what players PvP much at both sides.

Here is the link, results will be published on sunday the 29th of January.

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=OBEIIJ_9cc50b1

So go ahead and show us who Empire/Republic players really are

Disclaimer:

There will be many opinions on what questions should have been included or not. I do not claim this to be a full fletched survey but some info is better than no info in my book

Also imnot native in english so please excuse the spelling errors.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra
Horrible survey. The questions are leading and narrow in their grouping. Some questions set ranges others encompass too large a range. E.G. How old are you has 8 options with 5 year age spans. Then how often do you win is 25, 50, 75 with 25% ranges. So if majority win probably 48-52% when grouped it is skewed heavily.

It seems that they made this to try and make it seem like one side is worse than the other.

The only thing worse about one side over another is accepting defeat and not using strategies or grouping up.

I have a 50 on both factions, both pve servers and even though I know I am outnumbered in 1, when grouped with friends we still do well and get all we need done on either.

l2p issues abound to all those kiddies that got free stuff in other games and now expect ez-mode everything.

Want to make a poll, start with real issues like RNG for PvP bags, or stats that dont work in PvP like block/absorb etc. Or disparity of finishing dailies/weekly in Illum for ranged vs melee.

bicuspid's Avatar


bicuspid
01.25.2012 , 10:07 AM | #24
I dunno, its hard to be accurate here because of the pop imbalance.

In my republic premade we win at least 80% of the time. Some night we play for hours and we don't lose at all. I'm not tooting my horn, its just what is happening.

However, while this is happening, there are definitely MORE empire, and thus more empire premades, so even in the extreme case that republic premades win every game, presumably the empire premades are doing well vs our baddies and pugs, so the overall win/loss would favor empire still.


Also huttball.

inseeisyou's Avatar


inseeisyou
01.25.2012 , 10:08 AM | #25
I win the vast majority of WZs on my server as Republic. For one thing I'm usually with a guild premade, so I suppose that helps.

The other thing I have noticed is that the "average" Empire player is not as good as the Republic player. The down side of being the "popular" side is that you also get more of the less skilled players. Those who don't feel they are able to win games on even terms with others are also increasingly likely to roll Empire and not have the ability of someone willing to be the underdog.

That isn't to say there aren't some very excellent Empire players on our server. With so many however, if you pick 8 at random you are very likely to get quite a few keyboard mashers who rolled Empire because they heard they could just outnumber the Republic - something which doesn't exist in WZs.
BoycottEA.com
Because enough is enough!

Sorrowsongg's Avatar


Sorrowsongg
01.25.2012 , 10:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RG_jhanlec View Post
Horrible survey. The questions are leading and narrow in their grouping. Some questions set ranges others encompass too large a range. E.G. How old are you has 8 options with 5 year age spans. Then how often do you win is 25, 50, 75 with 25% ranges. So if majority win probably 48-52% when grouped it is skewed heavily.

It seems that they made this to try and make it seem like one side is worse than the other.

The only thing worse about one side over another is accepting defeat and not using strategies or grouping up.

I have a 50 on both factions, both pve servers and even though I know I am outnumbered in 1, when grouped with friends we still do well and get all we need done on either.

l2p issues abound to all those kiddies that got free stuff in other games and now expect ez-mode everything.

Want to make a poll, start with real issues like RNG for PvP bags, or stats that dont work in PvP like block/absorb etc. Or disparity of finishing dailies/weekly in Illum for ranged vs melee.
Hi this poll is not about RNG bags or Ilums issues its just a poll to understand if there looks to be any demographic differences between persons playing Republic and Empire especially in PvP @ lvl 50.

It will ofc depend on server but my best bet is there could be some slight differences like for example republic having a higher healer ratio in WZs.

I too have 2xLvl 50s one of each faction both on PvP servers and I at least believe there feels like there is a difference in background of the players.

Thats what this poll is trying to understand. It is not a poll on if PvP is good or bad or if its to easy/hard to get gear etc its just a faction background poll.

Also with enough respondents the poll would in no way be non representative having 25 50 75 ranges in win ratio as IF the average person would win 48-52% of the time then that would be reflected in that some people say over 50% win and some say below 50%.


Feel free to do other interresting polls on other PvP subjects.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Valsdad's Avatar


Valsdad
01.25.2012 , 10:27 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Machazareel View Post
That must be something that's pretty server dependent. I main Empire, but the past week I've been PvP'ing a lot on my Vanguard in order to see how things are on the other side. The republic PuGs on the server I've been playing on have often been some of the most disorganised, angst-filled bads I've ever encountered. People running one at a time into groups of enemies, one guy screaming and shouting about how much everyone sucks and when they finally do group up, they'll go after the most heavily defended spot on the map.

However on the server I have my imperial toons on, the win/loss ratio is generally a pretty even spread, and we've got some pretty good republic premade groups like Cadia on Bondar Crystal, along with some good Imp guilds as well.
I think the bigger the pop imbalance, the better the Republic players are getting. I only queue as solo and I always end up with most of the ops group being people I've been playing with all day.

We have an almost defacto premade situation going on.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

Valsdad's Avatar


Valsdad
01.25.2012 , 10:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorrowsongg View Post

Feel free to do other interresting polls on other PvP subjects.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra
I think you are just trying to justify your zerg attitude with what your conscience defines as a "scientific procedure". You're doing it nicely and calmly, and when anyone attacks your methodology; you'll smile and try to bait them into hostilities, but at the end of the day you won't get the data to affirm your hope that you didn't chose a side because they have lighting and jet packs.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

Sorrowsongg's Avatar


Sorrowsongg
01.25.2012 , 10:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Valsdad View Post
I think you are just trying to justify your zerg attitude with what your conscience defines as a "scientific procedure". You're doing it nicely and calmly, and when anyone attacks your methodology; you'll smile and try to bait them into hostilities, but at the end of the day you won't get the data to affirm your hope that you didn't chose a side because they have lighting and jet packs.
Hm. I have as I said both a 50 Emp and a 50 Rep char that I play pretty much equally much. No clue why you think I have a zerg attitude.

I believe atleast some data is better than no data as I wrote in the original post.

Maybe I will find nothing of interrest in the result but its hard to tell before i see the data..

SLEUTH's Avatar


SLEUTH
01.25.2012 , 10:47 AM | #30
...the imperials compete against other imperials more than republic compete against republic as a result of population imbalance.

If imperials are playing imperials in hutball, then an imperial team wins, therefore, the imperial / republic win percentage is higher for warzones.