Soooooo no new ops before 2.9

I like the challenge of NIM ops but i don't like being stuck doing the same ops for so long, just like before by the time nim DF and DP come out im so burnt out on them i don't want to see them again.

Didn't they learn from TFB and S&V? NIM modes are wasted when their is such a huge gap between hm and NIM and a small gap between NIM and the new ops.

No. Nightmare mode is supposed to be challenging, hard mode lesser so. What's the point in nightmare if it's only slightly more challenging than hard. It should be on another level just as hard isn't even close to story.

I'd probably end up getting frustrated with this idea in practice cuz I don't do many NiM modes, anyways here goes...

As a way to release new HM tiers along side NiM for previous tier, gearing could be done in a way that the HM drops have a higher rating, but aren't necessarily best in slot. Currently we can buy top rated gear with comms...they often come with lettered items though so they aren't necessarily the best in slot. I could see the new HMs dropping that type of gear, the NiM dropping optimized gear a tier lower and comm gear shifting to lettered versions of NiM stuff.

So, say the next tiers of gear are 81 and 83, the layout would be:

New mythical HM Op - drop set bonus gear with lettered 83s

NiM - drop set bonus unlettered 81s

Comms - buy non-set bonus, lettered 81s

This would require NiM content to get best in slot, but still allow for pretty solid gearing with HMs to help progress on NiM for guilds that aren't on the leading edge. Then, when the NiM of the new mythical HM op drops it would have the unlettered 83s and comms could buy lettered 83s at that point.

I'd probably end up getting frustrated with this idea in practice cuz I don't do many NiM modes, anyways here goes...

As a way to release new HM tiers along side NiM for previous tier, gearing could be done in a way that the HM drops have a higher rating, but aren't necessarily best in slot. Currently we can buy top rated gear with comms...they often come with lettered items though so they aren't necessarily the best in slot. I could see the new HMs dropping that type of gear, the NiM dropping optimized gear a tier lower and comm gear shifting to lettered versions of NiM stuff.

This would require NiM content to get best in slot, but still allow for pretty solid gearing with HMs to help progress on NiM for guilds that aren't on the leading edge. Then, when the NiM of the new mythical HM op drops it would have the unlettered 83s and comms could buy lettered 83s at that point.

Sounds like way too much work and would simpler to release a new raid in 2.9 [Or a new expansion? 3.0?] with higher level gear.

Edited by mastirkal

There is no reason that the people who aren't doing the highest content deserve to have BiS gear. They don't need it.

There is no reason that the people who aren't doing the highest content deserve to have BiS gear. They don't need it.

And they wouldn't with what I posted. Nightmare would be required to be BiS. And you wouldn't be able to buy highest rated gear like now. As it worked last tier, the new HMs and corresponding gear made NiM pointless from a gearing standpoint.

Edited by ML_DoubleTap

You mean like every mmo with tier progression?...

Haven't played other mmos, just posting what i think would make more sense. NiM is far harder than the next tier HM. Allowing people to buy gear that's better than what you get from the hardest current content doesn't make sense to me regardless of what other mmos do.

Here we go another thread screaming about new content :)

My 2 cents... how about showing 100% achievements on all the operations, world bosses, flashpoints, etc. before complaining? So many of us have not done many things the game has to offer and keep screaming for new contents. Show us 100%, then u earn the right to complain. Even if u are 100% on everything, your screams won't be heard because you only represent 1% of the population. xD

Here we go another thread screaming about new content :)

My 2 cents... how about showing 100% achievements on all the operations, world bosses, flashpoints, etc. before complaining? So many of us have not done many things the game has to offer and keep screaming for new contents. Show us 100%, then u earn the right to complain. Even if u are 100% on everything, your screams won't be heard because you only represent 1% of the population. xD

Signed Hatred.

Idc to be honest from the days until Wildstar & LoL can keep me entertained until NM.

Just sad such a good combat system can't get dev support because the #'s lean towards the casual player & not those who enjoy raiding & only raiding

Signed Hatred.

Idc to be honest from the days until Wildstar & LoL can keep me entertained until NM.

Just sad such a good combat system can't get dev support because the #'s lean towards the casual player & not those who enjoy raiding & only raiding

Achievements Whore!!! now go solo SOA.

Signed Hatred.

How the **** did you get 16 man EC tanks? That ***** been eluding me forever because I never get credit :C

And they wouldn't with what I posted. Nightmare would be required to be BiS. And you wouldn't be able to buy highest rated gear like now. As it worked last tier, the new HMs and corresponding gear made NiM pointless from a gearing standpoint.

This is what you said,

Did 81s become better than 83s at some point?

Not to mention you say to allow comms to buy NiM tier gear.

lol.

Anyways, carry on.

Edited by TrillOG-

Shut it, PvPers ***** and so do PVEers. We all have to wait our turn, why do you think PvPers are the only ones who have a right to complain?

we have the right to complain because "our patch" was turned into a patch for you PvEers. arenas was a huge flop and we have gone well over a year without a decent pvp update.... so please tell me how you are getting the short end of the stick????

we have the right to complain because "our patch" was turned into a patch for you PvEers. arenas was a huge flop and we have gone well over a year without a decent pvp update.... so please tell me how you are getting the short end of the stick????

The **** did I say we were. PvPers complaining about PVEers complaining is godly pathetic. You aren't the only ones who get to ***** about stuff, so stop acting like a bunch of victims in a burning beauty salon.

This is what you said,

Did 81s become better than 83s at some point?

Not to mention you say to allow comms to buy NiM tier gear.

lol.

Anyways, carry on.

Unlettered 81s would be better than lettered 82s, yes. Whenever the new HM drops it will have better gear than NiM..just like HM DF and DP are better than NiM TfB/S&V. They basically make the NiM pointless as far as gearing goes. And you can buy better gear than the NiMs currently with comms as well. If you can buy the same tier as NiM with comms but only lettered then comms would buy gear behind what you could get in NiM and HM...the way it should be IMO.

Unlettered 81s would be better than lettered 82s, yes. Whenever the new HM drops it will have better gear than NiM..just like HM DF and DP are better than NiM TfB/S&V. They basically make the NiM pointless as far as gearing goes. And you can buy better gear than the NiMs currently with comms as well. If you can buy the same tier as NiM with comms but only lettered then comms would buy gear behind what you could get in NiM and HM...the way it should be IMO.

But then the comm bought offhands would be better than drops in NiM. So would the armorings minus set bonus.

Too much work would be involved to make this succeed. There would have to be a LOT of vanity items in NiM to make them worth doing more than once.

Edited by TrillOG-

But then the comm bought offhands would be better than drops in NiM. So would the armorings minus set bonus.

Too much work would be involved to make this succeed. There would have to be a LOT of vanity items in NiM to make them worth doing more than once.

Cuz that's totally different than now? And the comm offhands would be equivalent to NiM. Currently, however, they are better.

Do NiM for related gear when it is current or don't. This 'no child left behind' mentality is destructive and will never happen. Put yourself in a position to do the content for the BiS gear like everyone else who runs it has instead of devoting the time posting about refurbishing loot tiers to accommodate your lack of progress in the game.

Edited by Transmet

Do NiM for related gear when it is current or don't. This 'no child left behind' mentality is destructive and will never happen. Put yourself in a position to do the content for the BiS gear like everyone else who runs it has instead of devoting the time posting about refurbishing loot tiers to accommodate your lack of progress in the game.

I guess I didn't get my point across well. The goal was making the gear from NiM relevant for a LONGER period of time and being required to get BiS mods/enh.

• 4 months later...

frankly i couldn't care less about what operation gives which gear teir, it really is unimportant and just means worrying about someone whose casual, or hardcore, i just want to ask for new operations. The fact is that content, whether pve, or pvp based is spread too far apart before a patch specific to that content base is released and they should come up with new warzones, or operations far faster than they do in my opinion and many others i know.

Give me a damn new operation, not more of the old operation.