Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thaed
04.15.2012 , 05:16 PM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgor View Post
If that's your gameplay style, no.

I have been subscribed since the pre-launch, and guess what? On one server I have Legacy level 2. On my current server, no legacy at all.

I do, however, have 15 characters, 12 of which are 18 - mid 30s.

So now I have to go back to the other server I haven't been on in 2 months and grind out Legacy 6, or stay on the current server with my highest and grind out a level 50.

Why? That's not what I wanna do. I am an alt-o-holic and enjoy switching back and forth between many chars, or making new ones all the time.
So don't do it. Hell, you can have my free 30 days. You know why?

It's not a big deal.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Xaeonis
04.15.2012 , 05:19 PM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaed View Post

It's not a big deal.
^this

lonia
04.15.2012 , 05:32 PM | #883
Thank you! I think it is awesome that you listen and respond....way to go!

Son_of_Liberty
04.15.2012 , 05:56 PM | #884
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaed View Post

It's not a big deal.
But maybe it is a big deal. I have a set budget for entertainment and a free month means allot to me.

Even though I am eligible for the Free Month, I know plenty of others who aren't. The problem here is that the Free Month is being described as a Loyalty reward which is rubbing allot of people the wrong way. I know plenty of people who have not made it to level 50 nor have Legacy 6 and have been actively playing since the head start. These players have several characters in the low teens to high 20s spread out through 3 to 4 servers. If you would add up total played time I guarantee that they have 100s of hours dedicated to this game.

The problem is that they are rewarding game time to folks based on in game accomplishment and not true loyalty. If they want to do loyalty the promotion should grant 30 days free to any active subscriber who has been subscribed to the game since launch. Ironically had the Loyalty bomb never been dropped less folks would be in an uproar. Of course had they listened during Beta and made Legacy active on initial character creation, this wouldn't be an issue either.

CloudCastle
04.15.2012 , 05:58 PM | #885
They are saying a "legacy level 6 account" on the promotion page, but what they really mean is "legacy level on a server" right? I have a level 45 and a level 46 but because they are not on the same server, I do not have a legacy level 6 yet.

I'm assuming that means I don't qualify because I split up my characters on different servers?

Hope I can make 50 with one of them by the deadline, but we'll see.

Orlesian
04.15.2012 , 06:38 PM | #886
This is really nice~
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

whitepheonix
04.15.2012 , 06:44 PM | #887
im a little confused for the republic does the first chapter end after coruscant
the only good imperial is a dead imperial

JotoSai
04.15.2012 , 06:49 PM | #888
With the recent change they include some altoholics, but not all, and casuals are still effed in the a. If it was some kind of in game reward I wouldn't care, but it's $15 and the fact that in their eyes I'm not loyal. It really makes me think twice about giving them more money.

I followed this game for years. I played in beta. I was an early game release player. I bought the deluxe addition. I subbed right away. I've been subbed to the game since launch. I have two jobs, college classes, and a girlfriend. I'm a casual player. I only have one level 48 and I do not qualify as being a loyal player or even as one of the new less valuable players. I might just have to give myself a free month by unsubbing.

I just don't get why they don't give a free month to the people who have been subbed since day one.
Joto'Sai - Fidelis Unum

TheRealYukonSam
04.15.2012 , 06:56 PM | #889
Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me. Not perfect, but much better than it was. I'm satisfied.
Very pretty interactive movie you've got here. When are you going to make an MMO?

Anthonytats
04.15.2012 , 07:00 PM | #890
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaeonis View Post
WHO HASNT GOTTEN IT AT THIS POINT THAT DESERVES IT?!

Im 100% honestly curious.

What do you have to do in this game to NOT get it?

ONE level 50
OR
Legacy lvl 7
OR
Been subscribed since release.

WHO DOESNT FALL INTO THESE CATEGORIES that plays** the game?
(see my previous post for what constitutes as 'playing')
(EDIT : JUST HAVING AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT COUNT AS 'PLAYING')
Looking at your previous post.
I dont apply but do have what you constitute as "Playing".

Ive got a 6 month subscription still ATM, Ive played since December 13th.

Ive not even got 1 level 50 or Legacy level 7 yet.
BUT

Between all my characters, ive got just over 130 Hours played.
Thats ingame.

So does that not constitute playing to you?
Ive switched servers a few time now due to inactivity on it, friends switching servers etc etc.

Ive enjoyed just messing about with people, helping people do flashpoints.
Hell, the first 5 days i spent talking about the films and different lore with people ingame and was only getting off the starter planet at the end of the week.

In retrospect, ive started AGAIN on a new server, as i bought my Brother the game for his 19th Birthday and started playing with him and a few of his mates on that.
In 2 days ive got a level 28 now.

Not that im moaning, ive already said previously i dont find the aspect of a month free bad.
Ive already admitted it should be Everyone that has had an active subscription since Release, 50s or Certain Legacy Levels.

Either that or BW should admit they are doing this primarily as their "End Game Content" isnt as brilliant as previously hoped for.