Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nathan_Koren's Avatar


Nathan_Koren
10.22.2017 , 07:00 PM | #31
What about the hardware software changeover? I just hope my pc can handle all the updates to come.
It's a trap!

DieAlteHexe's Avatar


DieAlteHexe
10.23.2017 , 01:27 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Well, I live in Scotland and I play during the day too when I can. I'm getting just as dicked as any other European player. You can't really make them work at weird hours just to appeal to the European players. They are based in the US, it is what it is.
An alternative I've encountered in (ETA) some other MMOs is having the EU servers maintained by EU folk and on an EU schedule. That way EU maint can be handled in the wee small hours of the EU as well. I rather like that.

I'll miss out on a day due to the extended downtime. I'm not freaked about it but I do wish for the above scenario.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
10.23.2017 , 01:40 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Whoops, fixed!

-eric
Eric, I will spend the 5 min of my valueable personal life and proof read your posts before they go live, just let me know if you are interested

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.23.2017 , 02:08 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
An alternative I've encountered in (ETA) some other MMOs is having the EU servers maintained by EU folk and on an EU schedule. That way EU maint can be handled in the wee small hours of the EU as well. I rather like that.

I'll miss out on a day due to the extended downtime. I'm not freaked about it but I do wish for the above scenario.
Aion EU had a UK based office and maintenance was done that way, It sure was nice! But UK Aion and N/A AIon weren't part of the same client like swtor, you couldn't play on the other region with the same account, so you'd have to buy a different game. I'm not sure if they can split regions for maintenance with the way the swtor client works? But then again, they can bring down servers individually, so it's probably possible.

I guess it depends on how badly they want to hire more staff to appeal to us Urps! I'm totally game if they would.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

DieAlteHexe's Avatar


DieAlteHexe
10.23.2017 , 02:15 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Aion EU had a UK based office and maintenance was done that way, It sure was nice! But UK Aion and N/A AIon weren't part of the same client like swtor, you couldn't play on the other region with the same account, so you'd have to buy a different game. I'm not sure if they can split regions for maintenance with the way the swtor client works? But then again, they can bring down servers individually, so it's probably possible.

I guess it depends on how badly they want to hire more staff to appeal to us Urps! I'm totally game if they would.
Think it did with WoW, at least I think it was WoW. Whichever one it was, there used to be a comical surge of players to the other region's servers when theirs were down.

It's not a huge deal to me but I can see where it'd really chafe those for whom that day and time is one of the few they have available to play.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.23.2017 , 02:18 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Think it did with WoW, at least I think it was WoW. Whichever one it was, there used to be a comical surge of players to the other region's servers when theirs were down.

It's not a huge deal to me but I can see where it'd really chafe those for whom that day and time is one of the few they have available to play.
Well it sure would be nice!
#Arcannite
For The Empire

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.23.2017 , 04:00 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
What about the hardware software changeover? I just hope my pc can handle all the updates to come.
It'll just be their end. The engine is about as good as it'll ever be so there'll not be much difference at ours.

Better connectivity though.

However, it'll be bye bye SWTOR if performance does degrade any further though.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Exly's Avatar


Exly
10.23.2017 , 06:41 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Whoops, fixed!

-eric
You fixed in on the forums but today's reminder on the launcher says that maintenance is on September 19.

Of course to me, this is just another example of you working as expected.

MidnightsMadness's Avatar


MidnightsMadness
10.23.2017 , 08:08 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 24th for back-end maintenance. This maintenance will be extended for hardware upgrades happening in our datacenters to prepare for United Forces.

Reminder - Character transfers will be turned off with this maintenance. They will not be turned back on until some point after United Forces which is still TBD (based on testing). The current character transfer sale will also be ending on 10/24.

Details:
DATE: 24 October 2017
TIME: 3:00AM - 10:00AM PDT (1000 - 1700 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
My transfer didn't go through and I was told it was because I had missed the deadline. Really? at 7pm est on the 23rd?

edit. This has been resolved. Thank you.

xxpcwizardbetaxx's Avatar


xxpcwizardbetaxx
10.23.2017 , 11:16 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 24th for back-end maintenance. This maintenance will be extended for hardware upgrades happening in our datacenters to prepare for United Forces.

Reminder - Character transfers will be turned off with this maintenance. They will not be turned back on until some point after United Forces which is still TBD (based on testing). The current character transfer sale will also be ending on 10/24.

Details:
DATE: 24 October 2017
TIME: 3:00AM - 10:00AM PDT (1000 - 1700 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
After this maintenance Oct 24 17 – UFF Formation will u be able to see the new server & be able to create new toons or do we still need to wait until 8 Nov to use the new servers

thanks